AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Was this Miletic's first game back?

It's Teddy time. Do it, JR.

Prow is in beast mode! They said in camp that they wanted him to work on his D, so I'm still curious about how he's doing. All I have to go by is his team leading +13.

Abt seems to be having a nice rookie season so far. 4 points and a +9 in 10 games. Is this just the Prow effect? :help: Or is he legitimately playing well.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I can't wait for Teddy Blue to get called up to sit in the press box so Grant or Wilson can play instead!

Better yet, he gets called up, scores a goal with 7min of ice time, THEN proceeds to get scratched for a week because he line changed into a goal against, and sent back down.

#AngryCry

InbornTenderInchworm-small.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Better yet, he gets called up, scores a goal with 7min of ice time, THEN proceeds to get scratched for a week because he line changed into a goal against, and sent back down.

#AngryCry

InbornTenderInchworm-small.gif
You mean 4mins and he gets benched after he's on the ice for a goals against while he was trying to cover 2 guys.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It seems like WBS is getting a bit of the bad luck bug too. Their record should be way better than it is. But, bottomline, it is good to see players progressing and hopefully getting a shot at the next step soon.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I really want to get Bloogs up and playing some 4C with Sheahan on his wing for insulation.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Was traveling last night so couldn’t watch game live, thanks to Jason and chirps on center ice for great reporting on the game. Blog is awesome and his comments spot on!!
Couldn’t agree with you more about O’Neil and especially Hayes!! Wish we could cut both loose and bring up some of the youngsters for a shot.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
4-2 loss today. Burton had the other goal. Noticed Angello was in the paint being an annoyance on both goals.
Can't find how they lined up today on the twitters.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How dare you.

How DARE you!

You know damn well the narrative is he sucks and it's all his fault.

This is silly. As part of the Sprong critic gang, I have always blamed JR for burning a year on the ELC. It was an unforced error. That said, there is nothing the Pens can do about it now, so Sprong has to deal with the cards he's been given.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is silly. As part of the Sprong critic gang, I have always blamed JR for burning a year on the ELC. It was an unforced error. That said, there is nothing the Pens can do about it now, so Sprong has to deal with the cards he's been given.

Unforced error?

MJ didn't want to use him proper, Sully came and benched the kid for a while before the team finally sent him down.

This was hat trick of a f***-up in that first year of his that they burned, for nothing.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh look, Blueger is tied for the team lead in points.

Unforced error?

MJ didn't want to use him proper, Sully came and benched the kid for a while before the team finally sent him down.

This was hat trick of a ****-up in that first year of his that they burned, for nothing.

Yeah. Unforced as in nothing made them do that with him. I’d argue they were desperate for offensive skill at the time but they f***ed it up in the end.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh look, Blueger is tied for the team lead in points.

Yeah. Unforced as in nothing made them do that with him. I’d argue they were desperate for offensive skill at the time but they ****ed it up in the end.

They had Kessel, Crosby, Malkin, and Hornqvist on that roster. They fell in love with his shot and then when he was struggling, completely forgot that after that 9 game mark, they are burning his elc. Because Sprong that year even at the 9 game mark did not look like a guy that should be in the NHL for as many games as he did stick.

The coach got fired during his time up, so yeah...not sure what JR was doing allowing that to happen and I get the sense it was JR that forced that. Good pre-season or not, the regular season started and the kid was up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad