Confirmed with Link: VV traded to Leafs for Lehtonen

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I am looking forward to see him from my own eyes before judging
Just like Grigorenko
Let's hope he will have more success :popcorn:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
MDZ plays good now plus he had good first pass. I hope Lehtonen will play with Carolina. Yesterday we needed more players with it. It's good Savard blocks shoots but it would be better so that the puck wouldn't be in our zone. Although I'm not sure Jarmo'll trade him. I would like to see the group Jones, Werenski, Gavrikov, Lehtonen, Carlsson, Del Zotto plus Peeke later. Of course in this season.

I agree. I have been told that Savard is notorious about having slow starts and while he is certainly much better now than the completely useless pylon he was like 3-4 weeks ago, I do think he is just a bit too expensive for what he brings on ice. He might be a great leader off-ice etc.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I agree. I have been told that Savard is notorious about having slow starts and while he is certainly much better now than the completely useless pylon he was like 3-4 weeks ago, I do think he is just a bit too expensive for what he brings on ice. He might be a great leader off-ice etc.
In addition, Savard has a decent market value, which is quite important in the event of a possible exchange for centers.

Reactions: Halberdier

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Unnecessary 4th goalie for a serviceable, pretty much free D-man.

So an OK trade I guess. Lehtonen was great on KHL and also on Liiga. It's interesting to see if he is good enough to make it into the CBJ roster.

As a fun fact Lehtonen played for Tappara, Tampere in 17-18, 2 years after Laine.

You guys got a steal...Lehtonen wasn’t really given a chance with us (Dermott was Keefe’s preferred) as he adapts I think he will be a dangerous top 4 D man for you guys, he thinks the game on a high level and makes a great first pass...I was sad to see him go

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It's better to go through Buffalo than Detroit.
True. I've done the round trip of Columbus to Toronto through Detroit and then back through Buffalo. I liked spending more time driving through Canada versus Erie but getting across the bridge into Windsor from Detroit was a real pain.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
True. I've done the round trip of Columbus to Toronto through Detroit and then back through Buffalo. I liked spending more time driving through Canada versus Erie but getting across the bridge into Windsor from Detroit was a real pain.

Have made that same trek.

That drive across southern Ontario, though, is testy from 1-4 am. There’s nothing there, and in the dark all you ever see is the fires from a factory every 45 minutes or so. Cool but creepy, and lots of Hortons to stay awake.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Laine got chauffeured on a private jet...which, for some reason, meant he didn't have to do the full quarantine.

I think Laine was basically in quarantine foe a cople of days before he gor his paperwork done and was then transported in a "bubble", so when he was tested negative on arrival and after the 48 hour quarantine, he was good to go.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
getting across the bridge into Windsor from Detroit was a real pain.

It's been a long time (haven't been there since the 70s) since I crossed over either but I would have taken the tunnel. Yes there is no pretty view in the tunnel but it was faster and I didn't have to fight with the big trucks carrying cargo to Canada.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So what's the current estimation, when will Lehtonen play?
I hope today and instead od Savard. Detroit would be the best. I don't underrated this team but I doubt Tampa would be ideal for his 1th game. Still Werenski wasn't too good in defense (not for the goal in OT) but he has a good the first pass.

Last edited:

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
Could someone explain why Lehtonen is not playing today?

Probably still in quarantine. He's crossed a border from Canada to US so it will take time due to covid. Probably just about finished though since he was "called up".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad