Prospect Info: Vsevolod Komarov, RD Drummondville (QMJHL) - 134th overall in 2022 (Signed)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I see this hasn't been finalized and Vsevolod played in the loss to Charlottetown today.

They actually won after coming back from being down 5-2. Komarov’s goal started the comeback.

It happens sometimes in the Q that trades leak before the trade period. Although as an Euro Komarov can be traded anytime.

Reactions: Chainshot

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The trade is official. I've been following this league for 20 years+ and I think it's the biggest trade ever involving an import player in the QMJHL. It tells you a lot about his value.

To Drummondville : Komarov + 8th round pick 2024

To Quebec : 1st pick 2024 (Charlottetown's pick is top 5 right now), 2nd pick 2025, Nino Tomov and prospect Mavrick Rousseau-Hamel

Remparts could potentially draft 1st overall with the first pick they get in the trade.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Drummondville's head coach Sylvain Favreau is a big Komarov fan. He was the head coach of the Halifax Mooseheads who played against Quebec in the QMJHL final.

“I had him in my face in the final, so to have him on my side, that sure makes me happy,” Favreau smiled when speaking of the Buffalo Sabres’ prospect. "He’s a horse, he’s a guy who always has the puck on his stick. He’s gotten a lot better at defending over the years.”

“In the playoffs, even when we thought he wouldn’t play, after an injury, he insisted on playing and he was the best player on the ice.”

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
His former Remparts head coach about him. Eric Veilleux has been an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning AHL affiliate between 2019 and 2023. He was also head coach for Colorado'a AHL affiliate in San Antonio before.

“I don't think there's a guy that has a level of competition as high as Komarov's in the league. I've never seen that, a guy who can change the momentum of a game with his skill or the way he competes. We'll see him on TV soon, that's for sure. For our young players, he was a good example to watch during the time we had him. You have to take notes of that.”

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Serious question @SergeConstantin74 , is he as plodding a skater as he looks in video? He does not seem crisp on his skates and slow on reversing direction. Just curious.

His skating has alway looked weird but it’s not impacting his game. He can track players really well and when he has the puck he has the vision and the skill to find to open spots.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
His skating has alway looked weird but it’s not impacting his game. He can track players really well and when he has the puck he has the vision and the skill to find to open spots.
Thanks. I see mostly offensive highlights and was curious about the defensive part. The slow or rather methodical stride caught my eye. Office holiday party tonight so I will miss the freebie.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Komarov and his new D partner are on the Team of the Week.

L007-184-05-Team-of-the-week-W12-768x768.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’ve asked this before I think but what does he project as

At best? I see a strong RHD #4. I don't think he's going to push into offensive roles at the NHL level but he's got the offensive game at the junior level that usually predicts more advanced league success. But I could be wrong, maybe he's better than that - again, this is a "at best" thought.

His game in his own zone is excellent at this level. He's safe, engages the man, makes smart decisions with the puck. That he has some extra jump in the offensive zone and productivity isn't where he fits long term IMO.

At worst? Welcome to the AHL or KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad