Prospect Info: Vsevolod Komarov, RD Drummondville (QMJHL) - 134th overall in 2022 (Signed)

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Watched a bunch of Quebec last year and it's hard not to enjoy his calls.
I watch hockey with headphones plugged into my attenuator on my Fender amp and practice on my telecaster. Sabres included. Maybe I should tune into more CHL games. That dude is exceptional.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I had to chuckle at his call on Komarov's goal the other night. The standard tir-et-but followed immediately by "He shoots, he scores!"

And tonight ... "Et c'est egalite ... unnnnnn a unnnnn." Merveilluse!

So, realistically, what do we have in Komarov? 3rd/4th NHL ceiling, positionally sound, decent but not great skater, with a point shot that can find the net, 2nd PP QB?

I've only watched him in last year's Mem Cup and highlights.

Reactions: HOOats

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I had to chuckle at his call on Komarov's goal the other night. The standard tir-et-but followed immediately by "He shoots, he scores!"

So, realistically, what do we have in Komarov? 3rd/4th NHL ceiling, positionally sound, decent but not great skater, with a point shot that can find the net, 2nd PP QB?

His junior offensive game helps with the projectability into being a solid pro - even defensive defensemen are typically productive junior level scorers. He has enough game to be a solid 2-way 2nd or 4rd pairing guy if everything goes right. A good #4 is the idea.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Hard to imagine anyone taking over blueline PP duties in the next 7 or 8 years. I love Komarov and I think he'll be an NHLer in a few years. He really does a lot of things well with a feeling of a lot of room to improve as well

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As an aside, I don't like how the Q has dumbed down their game stats pages. Being more like the WHL is not a good thing.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
QMJHL Team of the week

L007-184-05-Team-of-the-week-W6-768x768.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad