Confirmed with Link: Vrana traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Vrana just admitted that he kicked Yzerman's puppy and laughed in Detroit. Yzerman revealed that actually that was Lalonde's puppy, and that neither could trust Vrana not to think it was funny to kick a puppy. He was scratched the 4 games after coming back up because he was learning to love said puppy. The puppy was having none of it, so Lalonde said it was either the puppy or Vrana. The puppy said he wasn't going to comment further on this issue, and wouldn't go as far as wishing Vrana well in St. Louis.
Ruff stuff.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I am a big Vrana fan so I am going to become a vigilante like in V for Vendetta and go V for Vrana on everyone.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Those weren't the only players involved. Nearly dead contract Panik moved as well. Eating nearly $3M for multiple years isn't cheap.
Considering we were able to trade half of that contract and a second for Leddy makes me think it wasn't nearly as costly as you think it was

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So what I'm gathering from this thread is some people are upset that Vrana has scored as many goals since joining the Blues as Chiasson has since joining the Wings?
Why would anyone be upset that Vrana is scoring goals?

Considering we were able to trade half of that contract and a second for Leddy makes me think it wasn't nearly as costly as you think it was
Lemme know when you figure out the shift in values of a player before and after 50% retention.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why would anyone be upset that Vrana is scoring goals?

Lemme know when you figure out the shift in values of a player before and after 50% retention.

Clearly with Vrana it is less than 0 value at time of trade. You think Yzerman just called one guy and took the only semi offer he got?

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Congrats! You totally nailed Phase 6 of HFB discussion:

1) New Topic
2) Ongoing
3) Established Yet Relevant
4) Losing Importance
5) No Longer Relevant
6) Who The F Cares
7) Beating Dead Horse
8) Necroing Said Horse
9) Beating Undead Horse
10) Topic Banned From Forums

Some things just never get dropped. (At the moment I'd put Vrana in #4, but there will still be an audience for the topic even once it's at #10.)

Heres the thing, Hossa is a 40 goal scorer and a line driver. Thats not something you give up. Franzen is great don't get me wrong but the choice is obvious we should resign Hossa over Franzen.

:fence:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Heres the thing, Hossa is a 40 goal scorer and a line driver. Thats not something you give up. Franzen is great don't get me wrong but the choice is obvious we should resign Hossa over Franzen.

:fence:

Sure but it wasn't just Franzen or Hossa. That's far too simple a comparison. It was Franzen in addit-

0d43edf7-8163-4422-8a20-ffa79a9ebc3b_text.gif

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
And it doesn't really matter what I was talking about as the point remains. The people talking about it care enough to be talking about it.

Value at time A vs time B is largely irrelevant.

It's just shifting the distraction away from someone expected to talk to the media every day to someone who talks to the media three times a year.

The issue is letting it become a distraction in the first place. The only reason Vrana became an issue is because Lalonde wouldn't play him upon his return. He can obviously play as Berube has discovered. Strangely Chief didn't put a ton of stock on a handful of AHL games after 2-3 months of inactivity, yet Lalonde has pointed at them numerous times post trade. "Look! Even GR scratched him! It's not just me!"

Paying another team to take a serviceable player because your coach couldn't (wouldn't?) work with him is not a great showing. But since he's not LFG that's fine...

The problem with what you are discussing here is that you want the Wings to get out in front of it and make it so it isn't a distraction in the first place.

The only way that Yzerman or Lalonde could have prevented this discussion is to violate the rules of the PAP and air out their dirty laundry in the post trade deadline presser. But all that would do is create a different distraction, violate trust, result in fines and punishments, and destroy a reputation making agents and prospective players view the organization through a nasty lens.

So would you rather have what happened happen again, or have Yzerman come out and say "Vrana abused our trust, we suspected a controlled substance abuse problem, he was a distraction within the locker room and one that we wanted to rid ourselves of at any cost."

Now this is all conjecture because we don't know the truth, but think long and hard about how real adults behave within the confines of operating an organization and business. Not the fantasy land where everything can be done without repercussions.

Reactions: dalem177

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The problem with what you are discussing here is that you want the Wings to get out in front of it and make it so it isn't a distraction in the first place.

The only way that Yzerman or Lalonde could have prevented this discussion is to violate the rules of the PAP and air out their dirty laundry in the post trade deadline presser. But all that would do is create a different distraction, violate trust, result in fines and punishments, and destroy a reputation making agents and prospective players view the organization through a nasty lens.

So would you rather have what happened happen again, or have Yzerman come out and say "Vrana abused our trust, we suspected a controlled substance abuse problem, he was a distraction within the locker room and one that we wanted to rid ourselves of at any cost."

Now this is all conjecture because we don't know the truth, but think long and hard about how real adults behave within the confines of operating an organization and business. Not the fantasy land where everything can be done without repercussions.
How did you get all that out of what I stated?

Just play the guy. That's how the Wings could have avoided the awkwardness.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I care nothing about the bold. The issue is the italics.

Because you only care about convenience in your fantasy.

You don't care about what the reason for not playing him is, just not playing him. Say he was found to be spiking team water bottles with cocaine to increase the intensity. Say he murdered someone's dog. Say he hooked up with a teammate's wife.

Like whatever the reason for the decision to not play him, it's important to the discussion. Pretending it doesn't matter is asinine. Coaches make healthy scratch decisions on a whim literally every f***ing day but this one, which likely has a very supported, private justification, is the one that is no longer acceptable. Makes no sense.

Reactions: jaster and sepster

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Because you only care about convenience in your fantasy.

You don't care about what the reason for not playing him is, just not playing him. Say he was found to be spiking team water bottles with cocaine to increase the intensity. Say he murdered someone's dog. Say he hooked up with a teammate's wife.

Like whatever the reason for the decision to not play him, it's important to the discussion. Pretending it doesn't matter is asinine. Coaches make healthy scratch decisions on a whim literally every f***ing day but this one, which likely has a very supported, private justification, is the one that is no longer acceptable. Makes no sense.
They don't have water bottles, dogs, or wives in St Louis? If he is such a menace why is St Louis playing him?

That whim is the issue.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
They don't have water bottles, dogs, or wives in St Louis? If he is such a menace why is St Louis playing him?

That whim is the issue.

Because whatever happened in the Wings organization has not happened in the Blues organization.

Just because you fell out of love with your girlfriend means that her next boyfriend shouldn't be allowed to fall in love?

Honestly, your points are so hollow and easy to argue against right now that I've never been more certain in my life that I am right about something.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Because whatever happened in the Wings organization has not happened in the Blues organization.

Just because you fell out of love with your girlfriend means that her next boyfriend shouldn't be allowed to fall in love?

Honestly, your points are so hollow and easy to argue against right now that I've never been more certain in my life that I am right about something.
I don't think you could have painted a more apt analogy for this situation.

"I don't love you anymore and I never want to see you again!" is a bad look for a coach of an NHL team... But if it works for you... great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad