Confirmed with Link: Vrana traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Amazing that we had to retain half and still only got a 7th....

I'm kinda shocked no contender out there wanted to gain a sniper at low cost, but I guess the off ice issues are not worth the gamble.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I suspect he'll be out of the league at the end of his contract. But I wish him the best.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, was that value really low.

Pure negative.

Kind of tells how Yzerman will want to clean the lockerroom. Something was wrong. We don't know what it was. Maybe some day someone will leak.

Reactions: K1900L and Sentinel

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
It’s shocking how a guy went from being a perceived top line forward (or at worst top 6) to being worth a 7th round pick seemingly overnight.

Wish the guy the best, but there is more to this story.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Maybe now we will hear what went wrong with Vrana finally
I think it's bad enough that you'll never really find out what it was. Like Vrana was holding satanic rituals and doing pounds of blow every night with midget Russian prostitutes. Whatever problem he had was bad enough that a historically player friendly organization all but shot him into the sun.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Are we retaining next year as well?
Yes...

Dead cap space, not like it really matters because we won't be a cap team. With all these moves, I was all excited to go glance at upcoming UFAs...what a letdown.

Hopefully Yzerman has some trades up his sleeve to acquire current day NHL talent in the off-season, otherwise I don't see us being a playoff team for at least 2 more years. The UFA forwards are not impressive at all.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
This pretty much substantiates that the off ice issues are probably as bad or worse than many here have imagined. I get why some people might be upset about the return considering we don't actually know what the issues are, but I think we should take a minute to applaud the organization for safeguarding the nature of the issues (whatever they are) from the public and to protect Vrana's privacy. It can't be easy to do that in this day and age.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
as a fanbase, we are probably going to be upset because vrana is better than a 7th round pick and he just hasn’t been able to play for one reason or another, but ultimately if the team was planning to move on anyway, both a buyout or burying the deal in the AHL would be worse for the team’s cap situation than retaining 50%. the buyout would also impact the team for 2 years after this one.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I think it's bad enough that you'll never really find out what it was. Like Vrana was holding satanic rituals and doing pounds of blow every night with midget Russian prostitutes. Whatever problem he had was bad enough that a historically player friendly organization all but shot him into the sun.
That's an interesting way of looking at it to say the least. They kept it completely under wraps and no one still knows what the issues were that got him forced into the player assistance program. That's something to applaud, not bash the organization for. Keeping things like this a secret in the social media era is f***ing difficult.

Reactions: Winger98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad