Voracek has 12 pts in his last 5 games (Feb. 25: Named NHL first star of the week)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

VORACEK HONORED
For his incredible performances on the ice over the last week, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek was named FIRST Star of the Week by the National Hockey League this morning.

Voracek posted four goals and seven assists for 11 points in the Flyers four games during the week. He recorded four assists in the Flyers' 7-0 win at NY Islanders and followed that up with a Hat Trick in the club's 6-5 win at Pittsburgh, including the game-winning goal in the final two minutes to beat the Penguins.

After recording a goal in a loss to Florida on Thursday, Voracek notched his third multi-point game of the week with three assists as the Flyers came back to beat the Jets, 5-3 on Saturday afternoon.

Voracek is currently riding a five-game point streak and currently leads the team in points (22), assists (15) and is tied for the lead in goals (7) and power-play goals (3). He has appeared in all 20 games so far this season.

Last edited:

CptCannon

Dec 30, 2008
Oulu
Seems reasonable I think. I may be lowballing but I think Voracek will have at least 4 awards in his cabinet in the next 4 years. Not sure what they'll be, maybe 4 Harts?

I'd say 4 in 1 year: Hart, Lady Byng, Art Ross, Conn Smythe. Also that one team award - S****** C**. ;)

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
He couls always swipe that there Jack Adams too. Giroux will recieve the philly athlete of the yr again tho and Mesz flyers dman of the yr

Babula

May 31, 2012
After the way he's been playing lately, you're still talking about trading him ? LOL!

That's crazy. I see, Jacob is not a sniper at all. But He still can improve it a bit, when he is 23 years old only. And I have to say he is more a teammate than egoist player.

OK, possibility of trophies are coming into a town is nice. Claude or Jacob, it doesn't really matter for me. The only thing which is more important than awards is The Philly will make play-off and win the cup. :yo:

ClarkeRuled

Feb 20, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
That's crazy. I see, Jacob is not a sniper at all. But He still can improve it a bit, when he is 23 years old only. And I have to say he is more a teammate than egoist player.

OK, possibility of trophies are coming into a town is nice. Claude or Jacob, it doesn't really matter for me. The only thing which is more important than awards is The Philly will make play-off and win the cup. :yo:

He's just now starting to tap into his potential. Big, strong playmaker with a fiery passion for the game. Trade him? Crazy talk, indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad