Voracek has 12 pts in his last 5 games (Feb. 25: Named NHL first star of the week)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Voracek is a stud. He's been ready to break out for years and it looks like it's finally happening. He's only 23, so his development is going well.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
His points are finally catching up with his feet and his zone entry. He was always fast and his zone entry is so good. I don't know whether people appreciate that enough but he gets over the blue line so easily and with so much speed. It's something that I feel like the Flyers used to struggle with a lot before they had him especially on the PP.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
His points are finally catching up with his feet and his zone entry. He was always fast and his zone entry is so good. I don't know whether people appreciate that enough but he gets over the blue line so easily and with so much speed. It's something that I feel like the Flyers used to struggle with a lot before they had him especially on the PP.

Completely agree, that's what me and my dad talked about a lot last year during games. He'd look like Kovalchuk through the neutral zone, then he'd get into the offensive zone and seem content just skating to the perimeter without challenging defenders.

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
Gotta give Voracek props. For the first 7 games or so, I thought he was our worst forward by a wide margin. Now he's arguably the best. Very nice turnaround

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
For some reason he reminds me a lot of Sergei Berezin, only without the shot, and more vision with the puck.

Could be just the skating style honestly though, been a long time.

SgtJoseph*

It was obvious that Jake just did not have his legs the first few weeks,then he started getting better and better as they have gone along into the season.His speed is now there and he is really hitting the blue line with lots of jump !

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I called it 10 games in, he can be a perennial PPG player easily. He's not quite on Giroux's page, but he's not far off. We bent Columbus over a barrel.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I didn't think he and Giroux would work on the same line because I thought they would defer to each other too much. It's nice to see them both taking command of the play, and taking the puck to the net, and not always passing it off to someone.

Giroux was majorly pissing me off earlier because for some reason he was acting like a perimeter player. Glad to see he's back to taking control of the play in the offensive zone, and not shockingly the points are now coming.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I expect him to be a 65-70 pt guy. Not elite but definitely a great player/1st liner. His shot is the only thing holding him back IMO. He can't/won't maintain his current pace but he has shown the ability to completely dominate games. That's the type of player you want for the playoffs. I really hope when he comes back down to earth or actually gets in a rut people won't be so quick to move him (like they were earlier this season).

Left Circle OneTimer

Oct 1, 2011
Wells Fargo Center
I just want a Flyers player to make 100 points next season. Its nice to see Voracek doing so well and Schenn also along with Giroux regaining form. Id rather it be Giroux of the 3 but a 100 point player on our roster would be such as special thing to have regardless of who it is. Hopefully one of them pulls it off next season.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I wouldn't call him "elite" just yet, but I think we're seeing why Homer wanted him in the Carter trade. Hope he keeps it up.

He'd probably have to be in the top 5 in league scoring before we could start talking about him as 'elite.' :sarcasm:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I just want a Flyers player to make 100 points next season. Its nice to see Voracek doing so well and Schenn also along with Giroux regaining form. Id rather it be Giroux of the 3 but a 100 point player on our roster would be such as special thing to have regardless of who it is. Hopefully one of them pulls it off next season.

G is the only one who will ever sniff triple digits. The other two are very good players but your setting yourself up for major disappointment if you think they even have a shot at 100.

Honestly I don't think G will ever break 100

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012

One player hit 100 points last season, the 2nd best player in the world. I doubt Giroux will hit 100 points, let alone Voracek or Schenn.

Just to put that further into perspective, 3 players had 90+ points last season, 9 players had 80+ points last season and 21 players had 70+ points last season. It's a lot harder to put up those points than people make it out to be.

It's great to see Voracek playing better though. I don't expect him to keep up this pace but it's nice nevertheless.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
i was on his case pretty hard to start the season. I'm gladly eating crow the for the last week. lets see if he can keep it up. We tend to rip players apart for inconsistent efforts.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
Is it a good stretch, or is he really becoming an elite player? Obviously, he won't always play above 2 PPG, but I could really see him breakout and becoming a PPG player. He has definitely shown signs of it recently. If he keeps this up, him and Giroux will be a lethal offensive combo for years to come.

Over Voracek's last 46 games as a Flyer -- going back to the stretch run of last season, the playoffs and the 20 games to date this season -- he has 47 points (16 goals, 31 assists). That's getting to be a pretty significant sample size.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Jake quite literally has all the tools.

Size, speed, strength, hands, hockey sense, he wins battles and always seems to come off the boards with the puck and he plays in all 3 zones.

Of course, his shot is a well known area that he could use work, but if he gets better in that area there'd be no stopping his game.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Over Voracek's last 46 games as a Flyer -- going back to the stretch run of last season, the playoffs and the 20 games to date this season -- he has 47 points (16 goals, 31 assists). That's getting to be a pretty significant sample size.

I remember the debate about Giroux breaking out as a player and I included the playoffs and the first 20 games of the following season and was criticized for doing so.

Jake has shown a lot since starting off slow after coming into camp a bit out of shape supposedly.

I think B Schenn has shown a lot since the second half of last season as well. Thought he was one of the more active players in the Devils series. He started slow too but now has bustedx out at center.

It is nice to see Schenn and Jake develop the way they have thus far. Couturier is a bit off with his offensive game this year but not worried ..kid is so young and his defense is still amazing

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Imagine what Voracek could become if he works out coming summer in the "Gary Roberts training camp and gets shooting lessons.

Seriously, Flyers mamagement should hire one of the former players and get a deal done.

Work out in the morning with G. Roberts staff, get shooting instructions from -insert name- (Leclair?,Recchi?even Tocchet?) in the noon and still enjoy mama's home-cooking in the evening. I know she has to live in the States.

Do this 5 days a week, relax on week-end and BAM we may see Jagr 2.0/lite the following season.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
if you watch the move couts put on bogosian at about the 7 min mark you will see there is nothing to worry about.

Yup.

I believe since B.Schenn enjoys the offensive outburst and comes close to a productive/creative 2nd line center for now Couts is confident with the 3rd line checking role.

Of course he's capable of more but it doesn't help to be flanked but Talbot and Knuble.

When Matt R. comes back, I'd like to see the line of McGinn-Couturier and Read put together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad