Voracek has 12 pts in his last 5 games (Feb. 25: Named NHL first star of the week)

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Is it a good stretch, or is he really becoming an elite player? Obviously, he won't always play above 2 PPG, but I could really see him breakout and becoming a PPG player. He has definitely shown signs of it recently. If he keeps this up, him and Giroux will be a lethal offensive combo for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
I would think he's becoming an elite player. He has every skill necessary to be a top flight player, shot accuracy could still use a little work. But the only thing holding him back before was confidence in the offensive zone, he seems to have that now, and it's showing up on the scoresheet, and I'm a happy boy because of it. :D

flyers28giroux

Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
This kid is becoming a stud, him and Giroux could become a future nasty duo with the skill set they both have.

He also has shown some nice chemistry with B.Schenn too.

klikkar

Apr 30, 2009
Brno
Not bad, not bad at all. :nod:

05iitpQ.png

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I thought he might max out around a 65 point player, but the way he is playing he could be a legit top scoring 1st liner. He just needs to keep it up for more than a week or so before I get overly excited about it.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
At the moment, he's just making things happen in the offensive zone constantly. Last year, for all his ability, he seemed to be lacking in an end product somewhat. Think we'll have to wait until this hot streak calms down a bit before labelling him "elite", but there are a lot of positive signs

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I thought he might max out around a 65 point player, but the way he is playing he could be a legit top scoring 1st liner. He just needs to keep it up for more than a week or so before I get overly excited about it.

Lol, if he could keep this up for a season he'd be the best player in the league. He's scoring 2.4 points a game over his last five.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
inb4 he's traded

Hopefully not. I hope he stays te course. I like him. He has no shot but Giroux does. Schenn is also showing one too. If Giroux shoots Voracek will find him. And Hartnell could bury any garbage. Ginger line ftw

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Jakub is playing amazing. I don't get why NHL 13 has him as a sniper tho if he was he would be the best in the NHL haha.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Voracek has always had the skill. I think the Jagr influence was what Voracek needed. Now that Voracek has seen what elite players need to do to be successful, you can see that transition in his game. I think what we're seeing is the Voracek that Columbus envisioned when they drafted him. He's using his body effectively and you can see that he's really thinking the game in all three zones. That's the sign of an elite player. Previously, there were glimpses of it last season, but this year, he's finally put it all together.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's seemed the past few games that Voracek and Schenn have been overthinking plays a lot less. Get the puck to the net and look for chances. Voracek scored the PP goal against the Penguins because he was drifting towards the net when the puck squirted out.

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
just watching him truck it in the offensive zone is pretty amazing, if anything he's the one who will open things up for G. To early to tell, but if this is what Voracek brings to the table then wow.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Voracek actually showed a lot last year and especially in the playoffs......he just should stay away from his mom's home cooking in the offseason! Luckily he has rounded back into form...

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Voracek actually showed a lot last year and especially in the playoffs......he just should stay away from his mom's home cooking in the offseason! Luckily he has rounded back into form...

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong... he "rounded" himself out of form this offseason thanks to Momma's cooking. Now he's "slimmed" himself back into form. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->