GDT: Voodoo Magic vs Ducks

Bojangles or In N Out

• Total voters

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Rod seriously doesn't see anything wrong with the way this team is currently constructed to play...

Here's quotes from his presser last night.

"The game could have gone either way..."
"I feel like we’re pretty much doing everything we can..."
"we played good enough to win and we don’t get any results...”
"..you think ‘It’s a terrible game’ but I didn’t see it that way at all."
"..we’re going to have to...stick with the game plan."

Reading this is almost more frustrating than watching the games....

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Rod seriously doesn't see anything wrong with the way this team is currently constructed to play...

Maybe this is his polite way of saying i need more than 3 of the 4 lines being AHL plugs and i need real talent if you want to win. Just an idea.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Maybe the most appropriate use of this gif ever...

giphy.gif

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
It's not lost on me that Peters begged for some more NHL level forwards and now Brindy is insinuating the same. You can't miss on this many first round draft picks and expect to have a really good team. Part of the blame lies with the scouting. Other teams have been good, been bad, and are good again while we're just stuck in the middle. A move has to be made to get some scoring. Everyone's patience is wearing thin and our coaches are begging for help.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
It's not lost on me that Peters begged for some more NHL level forwards and now Brindy is insinuating the same. You can't miss on this many first round draft picks and expect to have a really good team. Part of the blame lies with the scouting. Other teams have been good, been bad, and are good again while we're just stuck in the middle. A move has to be made to get some scoring. Everyone's patience is wearing thin and our coaches are begging for help.
Brindy Better not be insinuating that when he ran Skinner out of town on a rail and traded Lindholm. Yes I know hes not the GM, but the way Dundon was talking about him in the Summer it was clear he had the keys and was the driving force behind these moves (at minimum the Skinner move). I'm going to try to not go back and talk in hindsight, but him implying that they don't have enough NHL talent should be grounds for him to be sacked.

Edit: To clarify - I realize that it is a fact that we don't have enough offensive talent. But you don't get to complain about it when you caused it.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Even if Brindamour did advocate trading Skinner, I doubt he did so with the idea that we'd be getting no NHL talent in return. Hell, even after the trade, there was still the expectation that we'd trade Faulk for a forward.

Waddell's the main reason we're in the mess we're in.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Even if Brindamour did advocate trading Skinner, I doubt he did so with the idea that we'd be getting no NHL talent in return. Hell, even after the trade, there was still the expectation that we'd trade Faulk for a forward.

Based on Dundon's comments in the summer it sounded like Brindy would be the one making the decisions. I kind of doubt that Weddell has final say on trades either. For whatever reason Rod wanted Jeff gone (Maybe he squats more than him) so he called him a determent to the locker room and got his way.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

0% chance that Waddell trades Skinner out from under Rod without his blessing. Not after the Canes hitch their wagon to him for the foreseeable future.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Based on Dundon's comments in the summer it sounded like Brindy would be the one making the decisions. I kind of doubt that Weddell has final say on trades either. For whatever reason Rod wanted Jeff gone (Maybe he squats more than him) so he called him a determent to the locker room and got his way.

Let's be clear: Dundon has the final decision on anything this organization does. In his stead, however, I'd put money on Waddell being the next in the pecking order. Besides the obvious of "He's the GM and thus actually the one making the trades", he's also been the one in Dundon's ear since he bought the team.

Again, I don't doubt that Brindamour advocated trading Skinner. He certainly made that decision easy with the way he played last year. However, I doubt he did so with the understanding that Cliff Pu would be return and we'd make zero effort to replace Skinner and Lindholm's talent.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

He's clearly a punchy Paluka just like Kirk Muller was. Too many checks to the frontal lobe. Furrowing his brown in a vain attempt to grasp why his master plans arent coming to fruition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad