OT: Volunteers to shop/create playoff gifs?

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
I kind of wished I would have came up with idea for "Stanley Kup" Mortal Kombat avatars earlier than today. It fits into that whole perception that we are just dirty goons looking to hurt people and we have the benefit of the new Mortal Kombat game dropping soon so it would have been relevant. Real simple to make as well. Just insert a picture of a Blues player doing a "questionable" hit. Oh man I wish I would have thought of it sooner.

I love the idea.
blues being "dirty" below:
david-backes.png

nathan-mackinnon-david-backes-nhl-colorado-avalanche-st.-louis-blues-e1421798733586.jpg

backes-hit-2-1.jpg

andrew-shaw-barret-jackman-nhl-chicago-blackhawks-st.-louis-blues.jpg

460983822-594x356.jpg

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
lCte3dF.gif

Wj6IGDY.gif

uvOW9vB.gif

V01HxIR.gif

2Sh0JyC.gif

Smd00PY.gif

Edit:Resized them, they should all be ready for avatars if anyone wants them.

Edit2:If you have an image that you would like for me to plug in just let me know.

Edit3: I made these because I wasn't feeling GDT Bingo, Caddyshack or Goonies Avatars. It was originally for personal use but I would be happy to make one for anyone else.

Last edited:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I kind of wished I would have came up with idea for "Stanley Kup" Mortal Kombat avatars earlier than today. It fits into that whole perception that we are just dirty goons looking to hurt people and we have the benefit of the new Mortal Kombat game dropping soon so it would have been relevant. Real simple to make as well. Just insert a picture of a Blues player doing a "questionable" hit. Oh man I wish I would have thought of it sooner.

awesome idea. it seems like everyone just went their own way, but i incorporated your idea best i could into the half ass theme. I think every blues avatar i've seen beats any other teams... and it was hilarious on the main board -- 'goonies or whatever this is":yo:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Good grief, I think I just had an epiphany. We need some emergency gifs made with "ugliest dog" pictures.

There are a few ways you can go with it. Backes and the dogs. Ugly playoff performances. Plus, they're just damn funny.

REQUEST:
Can someone make me one with rotating frames (50kB size) with a few of these that works best, and then the frame that is my current avatar "Stanley Cup Playoffs Hockey!" Frame change rate should not be super fast. I think the last photo below is the best one.

Here are some options:
Worlds-Ugliest-Dog-Award.jpg

SamUgliestDogLulu_sm.jpg

Ugliest-Dog-Mugly.jpg

fark_OY1T-j4usQRcffZga41ZgsJ_eHY.jpg

ugly_dogs_01.jpg

APTOPIX_World_s_Ugliest_Dog__mschulte@kcstar.com_1.jpg

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

OK, I got it working now.

This is my first attempt at anything like this.

I'd have preferred to have a couple more images with ugly dogs at lower quality, but couldn't figure out how to do that. In the end I cropped the gif to smaller size, and with 3 images I was able to get under the memory limit.

I think this is what I'm going to roll with.

I think we should have about a dozen more themes and homemade ****** avatars to make the half-ass theme complete.

Actually, now that I look at it...the "hockey" page would look better if it weren't condensed sideways. I've spent way too long on this, and too tired to work on it more. If someone improves on this, I'll be appreciative. (My dream avatar would have had about 5 images of dogs (above) at low enough quality to be under 50kb, with the "hockey" page.)

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
OK, I got it working now.

This is my first attempt at anything like this.

I'd have preferred to have a couple more images with ugly dogs at lower quality, but couldn't figure out how to do that. In the end I cropped the gif to smaller size, and with 3 images I was able to get under the memory limit.

I think this is what I'm going to roll with.

I think we should have about a dozen more themes and homemade ****** avatars to make the half-ass theme complete.

Actually, now that I look at it...the "hockey" page would look better if it weren't condensed sideways. I've spent way too long on this, and too tired to work on it more. If someone improves on this, I'll be appreciative. (My dream avatar would have had about 5 images of dogs (above) at low enough quality to be under 50kb, with the "hockey" page.)
something like this?
x4r3dps.gif

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Ok guys, I guess this is my contribution. I hadn't checked back in since the goonie vote and assumed we were going down that route so my three were all about the Blues being goons. Ran out of ideas after Oshie/Steen/Backes.

The format I used:

Frame 1- 'Birth of a goonie'
Frame 2- birthing pic of the player (Oshie as a baby giraffe/can't keep his feet, Backes born and raised in a doggie play pen, Steen born as whatever the heck that is).
Frame 3- (doctored) Draft pic
Frame 4- Player getting all 'goonie' in the bluenote
Frame 5- self explanatory

Couldn't figure out how to make them fit within the size limit but here are the links, feel free to alter them to fit if anyone shows any interest at all in using one.

Oshie:
OshiePlayoffAvatar_zpsrazyv8xj.gif

Backes:
BackesPlayoffAvatar_zps2jtighau.gif

Steen:
SteenPlayoffAvatar_zps6pp929lt.gif

Tarasenko:
TarasenkoPlayoffAvatar_zpsfqoem838.gif

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Ok guys, I guess this is my contribution. I hadn't checked back in since the goonie vote and assumed we were going down that route so my three were all about the Blues being goons. Ran out of ideas after Oshie/Steen/Backes.

The format I used:

Frame 1- 'Birth of a goonie'
Frame 2- birthing pic of the player (Oshie as a baby giraffe/can't keep his feet, Backes born and raised in a doggie play pen, Steen born as whatever the heck that is).
Frame 3- (doctored) Draft pic
Frame 4- Player getting all 'goonie' in the bluenote
Frame 5- self explanatory

Couldn't figure out how to make them fit within the size limit but here are the links, feel free to alter them to fit if anyone shows any interest at all in using one.

Oshie:
OshiePlayoffAvatar_zpsrazyv8xj.gif

Backes:
BackesPlayoffAvatar_zps2jtighau.gif

Steen:
SteenPlayoffAvatar_zps6pp929lt.gif

oh man that's hilarious. the Steen one is my favorite

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Waiting to decide where the board goes with playoff gifs. I'm not creative enough to create my own. Went along with the breaking bad gifs last year, I think I had the Ryan Reaves gif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad