Injury Report: Vol. 6 (Updates in 1st Post) | Game Day vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'd rather see Archibald over Kunhackl at this point in the series (1-1, tied, could use speed over physicality), but I'm not sure who will get the nod.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I'd rather see Archibald over Kunhackl at this point in the series (1-1, tied, could use speed over physicality), but I'm not sure who will get the nod.

Archie is worth a try now to see how he fits. He certainly has the attributes that we like.

I'm sure it'll be Kuhn though and Wilson or Rowney move up the lines.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Agree with this (even though I see Kuhn may get in). We won the game in part because of the tenacious physicality and speed that guys like Rowney and especially Wilson brought to the game which also helped energize their team. Archie would be another Wilson. Also a natural RW.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm actually okay with Kuhn. Ottawa's only real good scoring chances are coming when we make mistakes. I am perfectly happy to see us play the safe options in depth spots and allow the stars to decide the game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm actually okay with Kuhn. Ottawa's only real good scoring chances are coming when we make mistakes. I am perfectly happy to see us play the safe options in depth spots and allow the stars to decide the game.

My thoughts as well. If the Sens insist on waiting for that counter attack, having Kuhn in there is a good option. We have enough talented scorers to take advantage.

Still have to remember the sens forwards are very capable. There's some talented guys, we just havent seen much of it because Guy has them sitting back.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Agree with this (even though I see Kuhn may get in). We won the game in part because of the tenacious physicality and speed that guys like Rowney and especially Wilson brought to the game which also helped energize their team. Archie would be another Wilson. Also a natural RW.

I found Archibald is a little loose with transition defence. Ottawa has nothing going for them except quick counters and quick attempts to establish a forecheck. Once you get organized they retreat into their trap. I think Kuhnhackl is the right call for this match up.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
For him to miss 2 straight playoff games, I'm just assuming he's dead

Well if we have any chance in the finals, we need Hornqvist healthy. That's a "fact". Ha.

I know we can't look ahead, but maybe rolling the dice a bit and thinking they can get by the Sens without him. I'm not saying they are just sitting him to let him rest, but if its a situation where the more he plays....the more it impacts his play then I'd rather sit him now.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I have said we can't move on without _______ like 10 times this playoffs. I'm done assuming the Pens will stop winning until I see it happen.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At this point, unless I see Dea is for Sid or Geno or TK is in for Kessel...I'm just rolling with it.

The core is still together and as long as we have that and a CS worthy performance from MAF, I think we can get through anything.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I agree with this. I mean, I'd like to see Archie in but I completely understand where Sully is coming from and I can't argue with it.

Also, I expect Kuhn to have a good game after a rest and battling for a spot.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Archie is worth a try now to see how he fits. He certainly has the attributes that we like.

I'm sure it'll be Kuhn though and Wilson or Rowney move up the lines.

With our depleted back end we need in zone all skater defense and help on the PK I would be keeping Kuhn in there.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Daley taking line rushes with Maatta, means he's a good bet to play tonight.

Dumoulin - Hainsey
Maatta - Daley
Cole - Ruhwedel
Streit - Gaunce

Streit working 1st PP means he's a good bet to play tonight too.

I bet they go 7 D and the same 11 forwards that ended game 2. No Kuhn, no Archie.

Also, Schultz, Rust and Horny skated on their own before regular practice. Schultz had a short skate but did some puck handling and fired a few wrist shots. Thats a very good sign that we could see him back once the pain is managable.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Daley taking line rushes with Maatta, means he's a good bet to play tonight.

Dumoulin - Hainsey
Maatta - Daley
Cole - Ruhwedel
Streit - Gaunce

Streit working 1st PP means he's a good bet to play tonight too.

I bet they go 7 D and the same 11 forwards that ended game 2. No Kuhn, no Archie.

Also, Schultz, Rust and Horny skated on their own before regular practice. Schultz had a short skate but did some puck handling and fired a few wrist shots. Thats a very good sign that we could see him back once the pain is managable.

I hope that's the plan. I'd like to see Streit get shifts that start in the offensive zone instead of Hainsey. We really need point men that can get quick shots off or make the right play to open up Ottawa's Dzone coverage.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
I hope that's the plan. I'd like to see Streit get shifts that start in the offensive zone instead of Hainsey. We really need point men that can get quick shots off or make the right play to open up Ottawa's Dzone coverage.

Hopefully Streit sees this as "one last kick at the can" comes in and drinks some youth juice *that sounds wrong*and fills the void *in context, also sounds wrong haha*

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
that's a lot to overcome tonight but hopefully everyone else steps up like they have been.

And true about Streit. Hopefully he uses this as motivation to stay in the lineup and finish out his career on the ice raising the cup (after actually playing in the game).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I completely believe Archi could be killer on hitting EK. He may be one of the few Pens who CAN hit him because he has the speed.

I am not trying to be negative, but with all the injuries, I'm just waiting for the team to hit that proverbial wall. I cannot say enough for Sully on how he gets these guys prepared. Rust/Hornqvist/Schultz/Letang. How? How are we in the ECF tied 1-1? How?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I completely believe Archi could be killer on hitting EK. He may be one of the few Pens who CAN hit him because he has the speed.

I am not trying to be negative, but with all the injuries, I'm just waiting for the team to hit that proverbial wall. I cannot say enough for Sully on how he gets these guys prepared. Rust/Hornqvist/Schultz/Letang. How? How are we in the ECF tied 1-1? How?

I think they hit that wall against Washington, but they somehow climbed over it. This team is unreal. Sullivan is phenomenal.

Homerocks

Mar 24, 2013
Was there an acute incident that injured Horqvist? I missed games 6, but haven't seen any video of the injury. Did he finish game 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad