Injury Report: Vol. 6 (Updates in 1st Post) | Game Day vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
i don't know if they keep track of most man games lost during the playoffs, but we have to be close to or have set some sort of record.

I don't remember any team that made it this far into the playoffs with this many injuries.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Sullivan: "Schultz did not skate today, but that was part of his plan. It was part of the process."

Hate to say it, but Schultz being at least average is more important than the F's being out. Streit and Daley are flat out trash against playoff caliber forwards

If Schultz is done, put me down for an L

Agreed. Unfortunately based on those comments, we won't see him tomorrow.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We're screwed if those guys are all injured. I really think you need a lineup jolt to make a difference. Archibald should go in, even if he's just the 12th forward.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Damn I really was hoping at least one of these guys would suit up tomorrow. Maybe there is a chance but once again the Penguins are ravaged by ****ing injuries.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So I watching Part 3 of a documentary about how the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim came to be and closer to the end of the film it talked about them taking their former #1 goalie and transforming him to a defensemen and then he went out and became a stud dman for them. So my thought was, let'd dress Murray as goalie, then make MAF a defenseman. I can all but promise he won't be any worse than Streit.

Worth a shot? I mean, look where the Ducks are now. They could be on to something.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
So I watching Part 3 of a documentary about how the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim came to be and closer to the end of the film it talked about them taking their former #1 goalie and transforming him to a defensemen and then he went out and became a stud dman for them. So my thought was, let'd dress Murray as goalie, then make MAF a defenseman. I can all but promise he won't be any worse than Streit.

Worth a shot? I mean, look where the Ducks are now. They could be on to something.

Maybe he'd score the winning goal, too!!

(Goldberg scored the winning goal, right?)

May 17, 2009
Maine

We would have to call timeout and strip Crosby of the 'C' mid-game for that to work.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We're screwed if those guys are all injured. I really think you need a lineup jolt to make a difference. Archibald should go in, even if he's just the 12th forward.

They're missing offense in the line-up, I don't understand why Archibald (who adds some fresh legs to this series for a team that needs it) and Sprong aren't considered for this at all. Why does this team lack the balls to actually play some of these kids more often? It feels like every other team in the league is ok giving it a try, but the Penguins, no matter who the coach is, seems to have a "quota" on rookies to use.

Sprong, in the right line combo, would be a huge addition if not just for his offensive acumen. He's a lethal shooter in the slot and guess what we lack? That killer instinct of a shot. Guentzel is getting close to scoring, but Sheary has an average shot at best, and the rest of them are similar outside of Kessel, Sid, and Geno, we need another "shooter" in the line-up and Sprong is that in spades. As for Archibald, if people liked the gumption they saw from Wilson & Rowney, guess what this kid is, the same but faster. I probably would not play Sprong with Sid & Guentzel given how frequently those two are burned defensively in this series, I'd probably promote Rowney to that line just to use his physicality and board play.

Guentzel, Crosby, Rowney
Wilson/Hagelin, Malkin, Kessel
Wilson/Hagelin, Bonino, Sprong
Kunitz, Cullen, Archibald

On defense, I don't know where to start, this is where it gets tough. I don't know who I would play between Daley and Streit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

:laugh:

"Documentary..."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agreed. Unfortunately based on those comments, we won't see him tomorrow.

I probably just play Corrado at this point, he's at least competent in the defensive zone and at this point I'd rather just go with that then trying to hope Streit or Daley learn to play solid defense for this series.

Cole, Ruhwedel
Dumoulin, Hainsey
Maatta, Corrado

Wow that's a sad defense. Holy ****.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Sure, let's play the kid who scored a lot of goals in the ****** Q League and plop him into the Conference Final.

And what's this about fear of playing young guys? They won the Cup last year by doing exactly that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sure, let's play the kid who scored a lot of goals in the ****** Q League and plop him into the Conference Final.

And what's this about fear of playing young guys? They won the Cup last year by doing exactly that.

It's not like anyone else on the roster is scoring goals right now :dunno:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Why not??? This current lineup can't score GOALS, but let's keep on trucking with same the same lineup and expect different results. Hockey is hockey and Sprong looked like he belonged 20 months ago when he play 18 games in a terrible system.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
76zzFNw.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Honestly, we beat a very good Jackets team as well as the Caps and likely slammed shut the window on their best shot at a Cup for a while. Injuries and a nonexistent power play are going to finally bury us.

Someone on twitter said it best; The Pens are like this zombie that just won't die this Spring. :laugh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The fact that this thread is still at the top of the page this far into the playoffs says it all. I thought Hornqvist and Rust would be back.

Its not over yet, but with all these injuries... And the fact we can't decide which goalie to start ...odds are stacked against this team

I'd go all out and play Archie and Sprong to get some offense, but they won't do that. They'll just continue to do what hasn't been working .

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It does make me mad that our depth right now is Streit, Gaunce, and Pouliot if Daley were to get hurt again.

**** sakes, really? Yes I know Letang and Schultz are hard to replace, but man...at this place, just play Gaunce, at least he's physical, wait the whole RD thing...****.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The fact that this thread is still at the top of the page this far into the playoffs says it all. I thought Hornqvist and Rust would be back.

Its not over yet, but with all these injuries... And the fact we can't decide which goalie to start ...odds are stacked against this team

I'd go all out and play Archie and Sprong to get some offense, but they won't do that. They'll just continue to do what hasn't been working .

There's a problem with picking between two really good goaltenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad