Injury Report: Vol. 6 (Updates in 1st Post) | Game Day vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Many of us have been talking about how Sid hasn't looked the same since the hit. It just occurred to me that maybe he also hurt his knee on that play. Maybe just enough to limit his explosiveness. For some reason, I forgot about how his leg bent.

IDK.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Many of us have been talking about how Sid hasn't looked the same since the hit. It just occurred to me that maybe he also hurt his knee on that play. Maybe just enough to limit his explosiveness. For some reason, I forgot about how his leg bent.

IDK.

that's my guess. I just don't see him playing through anything concussion related after missing so much time from it already.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid was flying in game 7.
Just find that energy again and hell be fine.

Really blows that theres zero 2 off day breaks in this series.
Gives OTT a nice advantage imo but Sully could do things like dressing Archy to offset it a bit.
Plus with Horny and Rust out it makes even more sense.

In fact id drop him right in with Jake-Sid on RW and treat him just like i would Rust.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think when Rust was put on Sid's line he started to fly a little more, then he just looked tired and was making terrible passes when he should have shot the puck. While Malkin tries to go beast mode and is all over, Sid is trying to get Guentz scoring but won't shoot the puck himself.

Archibald would probably be a good person for his line or even Rowney, the motor is infectious.

It is weird that Sid isn't even angry on the bench with some of the bad calls, he just looks like he's in disbelief. I remember seeing his face when the Turris goal was scored and he just shook his head when he looked at the ref.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
that's my guess. I just don't see him playing through anything concussion related after missing so much time from it already.
Definitely not. Especially after what Despres went through.

There was a shift last night where he was stopped and tried to start, and it just didn't look right. That's what made me wonder. On the other hand, he also had a beast mode shift below the goal line.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lower body injury. Id have to have a ****in broken leg. That's the only lower body injury that would keep me out

I mean...that's great, but you have to be mobile enough to execute the systems effectively or you're not helping the team. If anybody's shown that they can sustain crazy pain and continue playing, it's Kuhnhackl. The guy's a shot-blocking machine.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Another thing to think about is Sid has played a **** ton of hockey. Going to the finals last year, the WCOH, the regular season, and now another deep playoff run this year. That's an even shorter summer than usual. I'm not saying that's the full reason Sid hasn't been Sid, but it could be a contributing factor.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Another thing to think about is Sid has played a **** ton of hockey. Going to the finals last year, the WCOH, the regular season, and now another deep playoff run this year. That's an even shorter summer than usual. I'm not saying that's the full reason Sid hasn't been Sid, but it could be a contributing factor.

Maybe he should have respectively declined the WCOH, it made zero sense that he played.

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016
Sid was flying in game 7.
Just find that energy again and hell be fine.

Really blows that theres zero 2 off day breaks in this series.
Gives OTT a nice advantage imo but Sully could do things like dressing Archy to offset it a bit.
Plus with Horny and Rust out it makes even more sense.

In fact id drop him right in with Jake-Sid on RW and treat him just like i would Rust.

Agreed. Why are there no to day breaks? Don't you think they'd want players with a little bit of fresh legs?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Sprong, in the right line combo, would be a huge addition if not just for his offensive acumen. He's a lethal shooter in the slot and guess what we lack? That killer instinct of a shot.

No thanks, give me Sprong instead

Are there any contract implications if Sprong plays? Is it a situation where if he plays one game it counts as a year against his contract, or would he have to play 9 games?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Are there any contract implications if Sprong plays? Is it a situation where if he plays one game it counts as a year against his contract, or would he have to play 9 games?

No. When we kept him last year it activated his ELC regardless. This entire year is a wasted year off his ELC. Sucks.

seabs926

Jun 14, 2009

No. When we kept him last year it activated his ELC regardless. This entire year is a wasted year off his ELC. Sucks.
The only positive, and I believe this to be the case, is that the timing of him being sent down made it so that he didn't burn through any years in which the Pens own his rights. He still has to accrue another 7 years of service. He'll be more expensive in the short to medium term, but we still should have him for a long time. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Dumoulin, Olli Maatta, these are guys who can be serviceable for you against third and fourth lines, no problem. They’re good lower-level players and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous quote. Yeah it's a problem when Letang is out and Dumo is your number one, but that quote is an over exaggeration for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad