Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in 1st Post) | Crosby, Sheary Out with Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
It sucks but gotta move on. Washington still has to win 3 out of 4 possible games left. If the Pens can make it through this series I'd say, even without Crosby, they're Cup favourites.

Hard to bounce back during a game losing Sid but in Game 4, I fully expect HCMS to have these guys in the right mindset.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I still think we beat the Caps. We aren't done yet even if the news is worst case.

The other teams aren't too impressive either except maybe Nashville.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I do like our chances given we have at least two more home games no matter what but we're in deep trouble unless guys step up. Hopefully Malkin going into Malkin mode and Maf staying hot will be enough.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
The things that I want to happen to the Capitals team would get me arrested if I said them aloud.

Un****ingbelievable. Lets be honest here. Sid's long term health is most definitely at risk here. One more hit and who knows what can or will happen.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The things that I want to happen to the Capitals team would get me arrested if I said them aloud.

Un****ingbelievable. Lets be honest here. Sid's long term health is most definitely at risk here. One more hit and who knows what can or will happen.

You can say that about any player, it's why the NHL being such a joke about player safety is disgusting and disturbing.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
It's incredible how stupid people are and how they just pull numbers out of their ass.

Thanks man.

I forgot that the Kunitz collision wasnt a concussion.

But Steckel was and Hedman made it worse.Then two concussions this season.

Point is: How much more his head can take?

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
It sucks but gotta move on. Washington still has to win 3 out of 4 possible games left. If the Pens can make it through this series I'd say, even without Crosby, they're Cup favourites.

Hard to bounce back during a game losing Sid but in Game 4, I fully expect HCMS to have these guys in the right mindset.

Think how impressive it will be to say the Pens won the Cup without the best player in the World, a top 5 d-man in the league, and the best young goalie in the league?

I honestly think this Pens team will win the Cup regardless of Crosby. Not to undermine Crosby, obviously, but this team is special. Sullivan is the best coach in the world...and I'm a Flyer fan.

In a few years other teams will catch up, but this team is crazy to me. The style and mental fortitude is beyond impressive. My only consolation is that Mark Streit gets a Cup!

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Thanks man.

I forgot that the Kunitz collision wasnt a concussion.

But Steckel was and Hedman made it worse.Then two concussions this season.

Point is: How much more his head can take?

Polamalu has had like 8 or something.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
You can say that about any player, it's why the NHL being such a joke about player safety is disgusting and disturbing.

Exactly. This is what I said in a another thread:

The sadder and more pathetic aspect is how much of a joke the NHL is. They set the rules and let this go on, game after game, year after year. Other leagues adapt to the modern day athlete, change the rules for player safety, and make an effort to protect their players/product. The NHL is stuck in the knuckle dragging neanderthal ages, seemingly always using "that's a hard, tough nosed hockey play!" as a response to anything and everything.

But hey, I guess they are cool with that. I guess they are also cool with getting less viewers than NASCAR and the NFL Draft and being viewed and compared to niche sports like rugby and cricket by to the casual sports fan.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
The NHLPA is just as responsible for this. So they should sue themselves.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I think the fact Crosby is up and about and in the arena w the team is about the best news possible given the circumstances. Means he woke up without significant symptoms.
That means he may be needing 24 hrs symptom free before he's allowed practice/contact, then needs 24 more hrs after that.
Entirely possible he could be back later in the series.
More important, just knowing that this could be short-term gives the team a lift.

If he woke up w symptoms, he'd be sitting at home with the lights off.

But he's up and about.
That is GOOD news.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
No way to tell how severe this is. Just assume we don't see him for the rest of this series. DK's site has quotes from a few players saying he is in good spirits and the symptoms aren't too bad. With Sid's history they certainly won't risk putting him back in prematurely, but there is hope for his return next series or in the finals if we make it.

Mean time the team needs to band together and dismiss the caps to their tee time.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
And I hope that in some meaningless game next November, somebody ends Niskanen's career. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to cross check you THAT bad."

What a *****. He's been cheap shotting Crosby all series. Tried to put him through the net post on Phatty's goal last game.

He can **** off.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Also i wonder if Orpik and Nisky weren't a major locker room issue. They've both tried to take cheap ass head shots once we got rid of them.
They can ***** off.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Is what it is. Nothing we can do to change it. All we can do is hope for the absolute best that both are back in a timely manner.

Until then, we have to make it work. No other option. There is still hockey to be played. We have to move past this and accept it. One thing that I do today is get Sprong on his way up. We will need an extra skill guy.

Guentzel-Cullen-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Kessel
Rust-Bonino-Sprong
Hagelin-Rowney-Kuhnhackl

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I think the Pens CAN win the series without Crosby, but I wouldn't bet on it. Game 4 is the pivotal one, particularly if Crosby is out the rest of the series. If Pens lose game 4 at home and no Crosby the rest of the way, I think they lose.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
damn would it have been nice to put the Caps in the ultimate choke hold last night. Kessel was literally inches from doing so. ****

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
With all things considered and how he left the ice this is probably the most we could have hoped for. There was no way they were going to let him play in game 4.

He probably would not make it to a game 5 either.

Game six would be the earliest possible... and that is wishful thinking as well.

Maybe something miraculous happens and we won't need a game 6 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad