Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in 1st Post) | Crosby, Sheary Out with Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
"Very encouraging toward us" means nothing. The players have been told to shut their mouths when asked. The fact that he was at the optional practice at all appears positive at least.

Not on the ice is not positive. It's a possible indication of him going through the concussion protocol. If he is, he's not playing tomorrow and Saturday would be the earliest like Cole said earlier.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I would love to be optimistic yet it's difficult seeing how bad he got hit. All we can do know is hope for the best.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I say if he's OK we hide it as long as possible. Then Wednesday after the team starts their pre-game skate we blast his theme song and he repels from the rafters.

Since you guys like wrestling themes so much and given the Pens' luck with injury, you just know Sid would be the new Owen Hart. If he isn't dead already, that is. I don't like that idea.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
He's either saying encouraging things or it's an esl thing and means "he looks good and that's encouraging to us." Meanwhile, Sullivan is appalled that they acknolweledged that Crosby exists.

Me too. :D

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
So who's gonna step up and offer some payback? Kunitz is worthless but at least he throws his body around.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Uh...you guys seriously didn't think he was going to escape a concussion, did you?

He's likely done for the year. Just gotta figure out how to win 2/4 without him.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Well. That certainly makes it more difficult. 1C. 1D. 1G. Plus a top winger.

I mean. Ok?

Malkin and Jake are gonna have to go balls deep on this. MAF will be required to keep up his fantastic play. The D, as a whole, will need to step up ... big time.

It's not necessarily insurmountable but good christ, it's close.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad