Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in 1st Post) | Crosby, Sheary Out with Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
It took him 15 days to return to a game last time he was diagnosed, for reference. Not that it means much.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
That's pretty much the long and short of it. All the stuff they've overcome this year and it all goes away because of Matt ****ing Niskanen.

But guys.... If anyone gave Crosby a head shot i was told they would be kicked out of the league...

****ing trash...I actually hope this league loses any concussion lawsuit thrown their way and are forced to pay billions.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The Capitals make hockey less fun for everyone, including Caps fans. Let's just get rid of that team. They're a bunch of goons. Time for some other team in the Eastern Conference to try to advance beyond round 2.

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
I love when he lit up Oshie last night.

As I said that's probably the best thing he's done in the last 5 years. :laugh:

He and Horny are about the only ones who throw good hard checks. I hear people call for Sestito to be called up but the refs and the league aren't stupid. He'll get the hook quicker than anyone for even a legal check. They'll end up on the PK for 5 min and down a man. Don't get me wrong, the last check he through someones face needed to be put back together, I wouldn't shed a tear if that were to happen to Niskanen right now.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Just take it one game at a time. So good to have won those first two. If nothing else, just end the Caps.

Exactly. The fact they announced he'll miss Game 4, instead of the playoffs outright, is the best you could have hoped for.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I think all concussions are totally different. The severity of previous ones has nothing to do with future ones etc etc. Don't find a bridge yet is my point

Konstantin Koltsov

May 18, 2010
PA
Exactly. The fact they announced he'll miss Game 4, instead of the playoffs outright, is the best you could have hoped for.

I imagine that he'll be "being evaluated" and "taking it one day at a time" for the rest of the playoffs and then it will come out over the summer that he was never really close to playing.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
If it was a concussion he was never playing game 4 because you'd probably need 3 days to recheck at a minimum.

****ing sucks. Hopefully it's not a long term career threatening injury.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
The thing is, do we even want him to come back? The guy is 29y old, this is his 5th diagnosed concussion. Even though he would come back soon,i dont know if id want that just because the next hit could end up as marcsavardesque situation for him.

I feel physically ill becuse of this diagnosis. It ****ing pains me how much **** one guy has to go through. And why every single one of his injuries are ****ing head-related and some of the most freakiest **** ive ever seen starting from the Steckel hit to Orpiks puck to the face to some weird practice related concussion to this very concussion which ironically was caused by (yet again) Washington, and this time even Ovie was involved. Not blaming him by any means, but still its just...fuuuuck!

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Yeah, concussions are extremely unpredictable. They don't necessarily build in impact and severity and recovery time, so just because the last one took 2.5 weeks or whatever, doesn't say much about what will happen here. Just have to wait and see and try to take control of the series tomorrow so they have the Caps on the ropes regardless.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
So no Sid, Sheary, or Letang. This is on top of the numerous guys who are currently playing hurt. Don't see us making it out of this series unless Geno and Kessel both go into complete beast mode and Flower continues to stand on his gead.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The thing is, do we even want him to come back? The guy is 29y old, this is his 5th diagnosed concussion. Even though he would come back soon,i dont know if id want that just because the next hit could end up as marcsavardesque situation for him.

I feel physically ill becuse of this diagnosis. It ****ing pains me how much **** one guy has to go through. And why every single one of his injuries are ****ing head-related and some of the most freakiest **** ive ever seen starting from the Steckel hit to Orpiks puck to the face to some weird practice related concussion to this very concussion which ironically was caused by (yet again) Washington, and this time even Ovie was involved. Not blaming him by any means, but still its just...fuuuuck!

This isn't his 5th diagnosed concussion, it's his 3rd.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I hope both guys get well soon, playoffs or not.

It's a mess and has got to be demoralizing for the two of them but I think the rest of the guys will rally behind them and do their best to finish off Washington.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
So when are they unveiling Niskanen's statue in DC?

If the Caps fans giddily trying to figure out how long Crosby will be out and yapping about hockey gods have anything to do with it, it's probably already being erected.

Quite honestly after that incident I'm not sure I'd be invoking any hockey gods or thinking they would be on my side if they actually existed, but different strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad