Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Crosby to Miss ASG, Out "About A Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
are they giving everybody the simple (often wrong) serum test, or the super accurate DNA/culture test?

After all didn't the team Dr say they tested the whole team a week+ ago?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I got the chicken pox three times when I was a kid. Once they were so bad I had them on the inside of my throat.

That was me as well. Bummer you had them 3 times though.

I only had the chicken pox once but mine was bad like that. So awful. Hand foot and mouth is also a special kind of hell.

I've been sick for like 2/3 weeks, and that is what we're thinking I got dealt to top it all off. I've never been this kind of sick, ever. Always a week, maybe two, tops.

I had strep throat, ear infection, the obvious head congestion, and then all these little pimple like bumps on my hands, not the feet, but the back of my legs. Crazy stuff. My son had something similar and we think I got it from him.

Last edited:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's the Mumpsburgh Mumpsguins.

And in 28 Days, they'll all be Fast-Running Rage Zombies.

It's going to be the apotheosis of everything we thought Downie's career could be once he starts chowing down on someone's flesh.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I've been sick for like 2/3 weeks, and that is what we're thinking I got dealt to top it all off. I've never been this kind of sick, ever. Always a week, maybe two, tops.

I had strep throat, ear infection, the obvious head congestion, and then all these little pimple like bumps on my hands, not the feet, but the back of my legs. Crazy stuff. My son had something similar and we think I got it from him.

I had it as a kid so idk if it's worse as an adult but it sucks. The eating part was so painful that I didn't eat actual food for most of it. I got it from a pool party and survived off of fruit popsicles.

I've never had strep throat, but there was one really bad ear infection when I was pretty young (ER bad, after in their infinite wisdom my parents sent me to a birthday party and it went from 'faking it' to 'oh ****'). I'm generally healthy on bigger things now, it's got to be close to a decade since a real respiratory illness and more for antibiotics. But then I'm not regularly exposed to kids. :laugh:

The sickest I ever was was in high school with some insane digestive system destroying virus. I thought I was going to die for some reason... I was out of it because I can't even handle gravol. Like two weeks of hell and it took me awhile to bounce back from it.

ByeByeBylsma*

Cellulitis right before my new job sucked. Was in bed for 3 days with a fever and swollen lymph nodes. Then my foot swelled to twice its normal size as my fever improved. Was tested for flesh eating disease and bone infections and spent 3 weeks on Iv antibiotics. Luckily I felt alright once the fever went down.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Something tells me they're keeping Sid away from the group til the last possible second(just incase that period of contagiousness is a little off) which would be tommorow's game day skate or the game tommorow. I expect you'll see him play tomorrow.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I had it as a kid so idk if it's worse as an adult but it sucks. The eating part was so painful that I didn't eat actual food for most of it. I got it from a pool party and survived off of fruit popsicles.

I've never had strep throat, but there was one really bad ear infection when I was pretty young (ER bad, after in their infinite wisdom my parents sent me to a birthday party and it went from 'faking it' to 'oh ****'). I'm generally healthy on bigger things now, it's got to be close to a decade since a real respiratory illness and more for antibiotics. But then I'm not regularly exposed to kids. :laugh:

The sickest I ever was was in high school with some insane digestive system destroying virus. I thought I was going to die for some reason... I was out of it because I can't even handle gravol. Like two weeks of hell and it took me awhile to bounce back from it.

I spent a few hours Sunday with 4 cousins aged 4 and under, and woke up sick with a cold and earache this morning. I wouldn't get out of a germy nursery school alive. :laugh:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Stomach flu just got done visiting us. All the kids got it and mom and finally me. Spent a good part of last week washing off poo or puke off you name it, floor, clothes, bedding, trash can, kids, myself. Good times. Good times.
Does make you appreciate feeling well though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I had whooping cough when I was 11. I'm not 100% certain on the reasons I didn't get the vaccination for it.. I guess there were 3 shots and I kept getting a high fever after each shot, so for the 3rd shot they removed the pertussis vaccination part (but I still got everything else). It sucked and I basically coughed for like 4 months straight. Only missed a week of school, though.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The sickest I've ever been was when I got Mono about five years ago. I was sick for like four months and I thought I was never going to get better. I still don't think I'm fully recovered, I get sick all the time now and I was pretty healthy before. Today my mom told me that I had the mumps as a kid, though, so I guess I won't be needing that booster shot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So I think this slipped through, an intern got the mumps and it really is the Walking Dead because they're all already infected.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/7392812-74/mumps-bennett-intern#axzz3MDVYWTBY

He's in isolation through Saturday. The intern was around the Penguins last Tuesday at Southpointe, last Thursday at Consol Energy Center and Sunday at Consol for the news conference announcing Crosby's case.

The intern also spent time in the Rangers and Devils locker rooms and around Tanner Glass and Corey Perry — NHL teams and players linked to the recent mumps outbreak.

It adds a whole new possibility of how it's getting transmitted between teams. No one ever suspects the intern.

tumblr_ln9o6mqQlT1qhvpizo1_400.jpg

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Mumps can result in infertility. While rare it is still a possibility which is really sad if you think about it.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
the good news is, it looks like Bennett et al failed to infect any of the poor children.

****, this team is a mess sometimes.

We have a 20 year old defenseman who in the course of a year has had 2 major shoulder issues, cancer, and the mumps, and a 23 year old winger who had already had issues with every limb and now the mumps on top of that... and frankly even Crosby's ailment list is insane when you really take a look at it... at some point it has to stop

Fordy

May 28, 2008
if we're getting mumps, we might as well give it to the whole league, is my attitude

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Caught this link in the main board thread:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1731721/i.../?hootPostID=1ba879fdbbb3146c6dbb7bbe6634ee35

Shows pretty much how they believe this spread with teams playing each other at certain points etc.

Looks like the Pens may have caught thier mumps from the Devils and Larsson.

that's actually a pretty cool and informative graph.

and once again we see that it takes crosby going down (and showing a chipmunk cheek) for the media to really start paying attention and making interactive graphs. next stop the cover of Macleans magazine :laugh:

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
Such a sad sight with all the injuries but at least we're used to it by now.

I'm convinced that Adams is immune to every disease known to mankind.

Craig Adams actually died 10 years ago, Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

Craig Adams will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I had whooping cough when I was 11. I'm not 100% certain on the reasons I didn't get the vaccination for it.. I guess there were 3 shots and I kept getting a high fever after each shot, so for the 3rd shot they removed the pertussis vaccination part (but I still got everything else). It sucked and I basically coughed for like 4 months straight. Only missed a week of school, though.

I had whooping cough during an outbreak here a few years ago. So annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad