Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in 1st Post) | Daley LBI, Will Be Evaluated in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
There it is. Thank god we threw points away on Fleury in November.

Hopefully, that lets Schultz make them think about PP1 and Letang comes back with his head on straight.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The annual letang injury. Nice

Dammit beat me too it. Oh well, it's just predictable at this point. Hopefully Pouliot can take off and show what he can do. I would be pissed if they just put Olesky in for Letang here, this is exactly the chance Pouliot needed.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The PP could go close to 100% in Letang's absence and he'd be right back on the first unit in his first game back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If the powerplay starts clicking, then we have our #1 problem answered w/ the PP.

This is the moment DP has been waiting for. It's now up to him to decide what he wants to do with it. It's unfair but with how everything has gone, it's officially his time to step up.

Dumo-Daley
Schultz-Cole
Maatta-DP?

Switch Cole/DP?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If the powerplay starts clicking, then we have our #1 problem answered w/ the PP.

This is the moment DP has been waiting for. It's now up to him to decide what he wants to do with it. It's unfair but with how everything has gone, it's officially his time to step up.

Dumo-Daley
Schultz-Cole
Maatta-DP?

Switch Cole/DP?

yes. i think you have to break up cole and schultz(cant have Maatta whos been playing well on the third pair) and have daley with maatta. maatta needs someone with great skating to cover for him.

Cant daley and schultz play both sides?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

And that was on Letang for taking his good ole ****ing time w/ the puck. My guess is something was lingering, causing him to play bad, and that hit did it in.

yes. i think you have to break up cole and schultz(cant have Maatta whos been playing well on the third pair) and have daley with maatta. maatta needs someone with great skating to cover for him.

Cant daley and schultz play both sides?

Maatta is slowly getting better each game. You can see it. I don't want to see Maatta/Schultz, though. That would bug me a little.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Dumo-Daley
Schultz-Cole
Maatta-DP?

Switch Cole/DP?

I think the question is if you break up Cole-Schultz or not. Maatta-Schultz and Pouliot-Cole keeps everyone playing a side they've played in the NHL before but it's breaking up the most reliable pairing. I'm very curious about what Maatta-Schultz would look like, or Dumo-Schultz if they keep Maatta-Daley together. That also avoids Pouliot playing the right side.

Or Pouliot isn't called up and all hell breaks loose here. :laugh:

At least we'll see how the rest of the D respond to Letang being out. It could be good for them... maybe.

Backes. Wrong target, mission failed.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think the question is if you break up Cole-Schultz or not. Maatta-Schultz and Pouliot-Cole keeps everyone playing a side they've played in the NHL before but it's breaking up the most reliable pairing. I'm very curious about what Maatta-Schultz would look like, or Dumo-Schultz if they keep Maatta-Daley together. That also avoids Pouliot playing the right side.

Or Pouliot isn't called up and all hell breaks loose here. :laugh:

At least we'll see how the rest of the D respond to Letang being out. It could be good for them... maybe.

Backes. Wrong target, mission failed.

i feel that they would be a very good pair.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
why the hell did they let letang come back into the game if the injury is a couple of weeks? makes no sense!

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Pouliot is fine on the right side but he's not getting called up. With Oleksy/Warsofsky in and a Fleury game coming up, this is gonna be fun......

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
what do I always say...the only thing Letang returning from injury does is start the clock until his next injury.

They've been pretty lucky so far with team health. Hopefully it's a few weeks but have a feeling it'll be more like a month.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
How has Pouliot looked in recent games? I hope he gets the nod over the other guys.

But what this really does is improve our PP. I did not understand why our best PP QB (Schultz) was on the 30-seconds, No. 2 unit.

Schultz just might take off in these next two weeks. At worst, he will take Daley's spot on the top PP unit.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He could use some time off. We've already had a handful of other guys miss 6-7 games ...someone was due to be next. Letang will miss around the same. Here's Pouliots chance

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
how has pouliot looked in recent games? i hope he gets the nod over the other guys.

But what this really does is improve our pp. I did not understand why our best pp qb (schultz) was on the 30-seconds, no. 2 unit.

Schultz just might take off in these next two weeks. At worst, he will take daley's spot on the top pp unit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If I were in Pouliot's shoes here and I didn't get recalled, I would flat out demand a trade. It would be ridiculous for them to not recall Pouliot at this point, this is exactly the opportunity that they should be seeing what they have in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad