Vladislav Namestnikov & Aleksander Khokhlachev

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
So what do you think about these two 2011 eligible russians? how high will they go in draft? first round? Will the russian factor damage their ranking? And how good can they be?

Vladislav Namestnikov 27+37 =64 in 61 games

Aleksander Khokhlachev 34+34 =68 in 59 games (93 born, second in rookie scoring only behind Nail Yakupov)

Last edited:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think they will be end up being picked around late 1st/early 2nd.

Nemestnikov well probaley be picked 1st, But I prefer Khokhlachev personally.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
imo khokhlachev is better.... for some reason i have a gut feeling namestnikov isnt gonna be anything special

i think both will be picked late 1st/early 2nd

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Having watched Namestnikov all year he does a few things that scare me.... He seems to be skating with his head down in traffic and has gotten his clock cleaned a few times this year. At this moment he doesn't have a very good shot... it's rather weak. He's great one on one and relatively tough, nothing much keeps him away from missing a shift. Good passer and can win draws. Needs to add some strength though. Dropped the glove and handled himself well a week or so ago.

Khokhlachev is quick and gets it done... doesn't seem to dink around gets the puck to the net...

I'm not as familar with Khokhlachev but I don't see Namestnikov having that Russian problem hanging over his head at the moment... His dad was over here and he came a year early to play in NA. He was a question mark this year but forsure in 2011/12.

Last edited:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Namestnikov has had his ups and downs all year. Some games he plays great, some games you need a GPS to find him out there. At the end of the day he's talented enough to be a late first/early second. I expect Khoklachev to go a handful of picks earlier, just a more consistent performer.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
Having watched Namestnikov all year he does a few things that scary me.... He seems to be skating with his head down in traffic and has gotten his clock cleaned a few times this year. At this moment he doesn't have a very good shot... it's rather weak. He's great one on one and relatively tough nothing much keeps him away from missing a shift. Good passer and can will draws. Needs to add some strength though. Dropped the glove and handled himself well a week or so ago.

Khokhlachev is quick and gets it done... doesn't seem to dink around gets the puck to the net...

I'm not as familar with Khokhlachev but I don't see Namestnikov having that Russian problem hanging over his head at hte moment... His dad was over here and he came a year early to play in NA. He was a question mark this year but forsure in 2011/12.

Couldn't have said it any better JL17.

I don't understand how scouts have Nemestnikov above Khokhlachev at this point. Koko seems to have a better work ethic IMO. It seems like Nemestikov will take shifts off which really scares me when it comes to drafting.

Khoklachev playing with Kassian has really helped him adjust to the NA game. He has a knack for not screwing around with the puck and finding guys in scoring positions quickly.

jughead42*

I'm a huge fan of Khokhlachev, he's got a lot going for him. He's a quick player with superior passing ability, but he's also got a fearless style that allows him to be a great finisher too. He's got quick hands in close, great creativity, and seems to have that special fire in his belly to be the best player on the ice and make a difference. There have been games where he's taken completely over, although he could be more consistent in doing that. He probably should be a mid round pick in the first round, but he might slip because of the Russian factor. It was shocking that he wasn't invited to the prospects game, which leads me to believe he'll be 2nd round or later. Whoever does draft him is getting a dandy. I think he'll be better than Burmistrov.

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
Having watched Namestnikov all year he does a few things that scary me.... He seems to be skating with his head down in traffic and has gotten his clock cleaned a few times this year. At this moment he doesn't have a very good shot... it's rather weak. He's great one on one and relatively tough nothing much keeps him away from missing a shift. Good passer and can will draws. Needs to add some strength though. Dropped the glove and handled himself well a week or so ago.

I'm not as familar with Khokhlachev but I don't see Namestnikov having that Russian problem hanging over his head at hte moment... His dad was over here and he came a year early to play in NA. He was a question mark this year but forsure in 2011/12.

I agree with this. Every time I see Namestnikov I come away wanting more though. He is an elite skater and passer, but his shot is average.

He plays a pretty good two way game though, which is something that people who don't watch many Knights games might not realize.

I've only seen Khokhlachev once so I won't comment on him.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Namestnikov vs. Khokhlachev

Both have played well in their first year's in north america.

Khokhlachev has the better stats, Namestnikov is ranked higher by the CSS

Which one has more NHL upside, and which do you prefer? why?

Thablackmen

Mar 5, 2011
Namestnikov looks more like a playmaker and Khocklachev is more of a pure scorer and since it's harder to get pure scorers these days i'd take Khocklachev before Namestnikov.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'm taking Namestnikov.

I haven't see a whole lot of Khokhlachev but I would take Namestnikov.

I follow the Knights, and he's been one of, if not the best player for London this season. The same can't be said for Khokhlachev, although he has been great. If Namestnikov had the support around him that Khokhlachev had I think he'd have 80+ points right now.

doogie24

Jan 27, 2009
Ontario
Namestnikov has a very nice skillset and impresses me more and more everytime I watch him. He has a good ability to find his teammates in traffic, and is very creative.

I have only seen Khokhlachev in person 3 or 4 times, but it seems like he plays a more exciting type of game, and has a more aggressive drive to score goals.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I like Khohlachev more, but I have read and seen more of him.

I think they could both be top 25 picks though. If one of them falls to round 2, I would love the Avs to draft one of them, even if they are Russians.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I have seen both play this season, I didn't really pay much attention to Kochlachev.

But Namestnikov has elite level speed. I watched London play SSM, and he carried it end-to-end twice, it was unreal.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Am I the only one that gets the feeling that Khokhlachev will rise "massively" on draft day? He's such a late birthday (Sept 9th) and has done very well in his rookie year.

member 30781

Am I the only one that gets the feeling that Khokhlachev will rise "massively" on draft day? He's such a late birthday (Sept 9th) and has done very well in his rookie year.

Massively? I dont think so, but he could go in the early 20's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad