Vladislav Namestnikov & Aleksander Khokhlachev

dereksutton9

Mar 28, 2011
Lets just say that Khokhlachev really isnt the prototypical "Burke type" player. He is very soft and isnt very big. Skills wise he is definitely top 15 talent, but overall, I think he still carries too much of the Russian style of play to move up in the draft. He, along with Namestnikov, can be inconsistant at times, which further hurts their cause.

Did you really watch Koko play much? As ErnieLeafs said, he's the antithesis of soft. In fact, he's pretty fearless for a smaller player. Like Taylor Hall during his time in Windsor, Khokhlachev has no issues with going full speed towards the net and running into the boards if necessary. Most of his goals are in dirty areas, pouncing on rebounds. In many ways, if he were 4" taller and 25 lbs heavier, his game would translate into prototypical power forward.

It'll be interesting to see how much his playoff work carries into the draft. For imports, Koko and Kuhnhackl were dynamic at times and looked thrilled to be in the playoffs. They had lulls but there work was yeoman like for the Spits, notably in the Saginaw series, especially with the lack of production from guys like Johnston and Ryan.

I watched London play a few times and much like Harrington, Namestinkov is simply overrated. In the hand full of games I saw the Knights play live or on the tele, I did not notice the speed. The hands were there. I wonder if he's the second coming of Alexei Kovalev? Lots of skill, little heart. Thought it was funny how much Hunter noted that he was slender and perhaps wearing down at the end of the season. Regardless, I think Namestinkov may be the bigger gamble with perhaps the higher potential (that I never got the chance to witness).

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Khokhlachev vs Namestnikov

Which Russian do you think will be selected first? Where do you see them being picked?

member 30781

http://www.fromrussiawithglove.com/dueling-russians

It's hard to pick one of the two because they are different styles. Khohklachev is more offensive and gritty where as Namestnikov excels in his two-way game. Personally, I have always been a bigger fan of forwards who are just as capable defensively as they are offensively, so I would take Namestnikov but you can't go wrong with either.

Mr Lahey*

Khok really dominated when he played in the Soo this year. His passing at game speed set him apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->