Vladislav Namestnikov & Aleksander Khokhlachev

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I think Burke will pick Khokhlachev for skill and use our 2nd and move up a couple of spots and pick up Jenner for size and grit. He really should be a top 15 pick. Unless Ellis is really that elite on the pp and Khokhlachev is just somehow benefitting from it, I don't how he isn't a top 15 pick.

member 30781

I think Burke will pick Khokhlachev for skill and use our 2nd and move up a couple of spots and pick up Jenner for size and grit. He really should be a top 15 pick. Unless Ellis is really that elite on the pp and Khokhlachev is just somehow benefitting from it, I don't how he isn't a top 15 pick.

Lets just say that Khokhlachev really isnt the prototypical "Burke type" player. He is very soft and isnt very big. Skills wise he is definitely top 15 talent, but overall, I think he still carries too much of the Russian style of play to move up in the draft. He, along with Namestnikov, can be inconsistant at times, which further hurts their cause.

And I am not trying to knock him at all. I am one of his biggest supporters, but I am just trying to give examples as to why both, aren't clear cut top 15 picks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Lets just say that Khokhlachev really isnt the prototypical "Burke type" player. He is very soft and isnt very big. Skills wise he is definitely top 15 talent, but overall, I think he still carries too much of the Russian style of play to move up in the draft. He, along with Namestnikov, can be inconsistant at times, which further hurts their cause.

And I am not trying to knock him at all. I am one of his biggest supporters, but I am just trying to give examples as to why both, aren't clear cut top 15 picks.

Even though he's soft doesn't he like to go to the net?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Even though he's soft doesn't he like to go to the net?

Soft is a poor description of him for exactly this reason. He doesn't hit people, but he is in no way a perimeter player. In the 8 or 10 games I've seen he drives the net more than "future power forward" Zach Kassian.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Koko is the antithesis of soft.

Not only will he drive the net hard from the outside, he'll drive it right down your throat in the slot and bury it. You won't see the kid take too many shifts off.

His speed is pretty good (and showed improvement throughout the season), and more than just speed, his quickness in short bursts is elite.

I'll close by saying that there are very few guys in the first round that are as at home along the wall or behind the net as Alex is. If he continues to grow and add some bulk, we're looking at a pretty special player down the road.

That said, i hope the Leafs take him with one pick, and Peumpel with the other.

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Namestnikov... because in the battle of names I had a much harder time trying to pronounce that one. But props to both of them for having amazing names.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
These guys don't really have a Russian factor as they are pretty dedicated to playing in NA.

Nightfx

Nov 23, 2009
Calgary
Already voiced my opinion here,

but I like Khok more
. More dynamic offensively while Namestnikov is bigger and better allround. Will be interesting to see who goes higher.

:naughty::naughty:

I hope people don't really call him that and you're just being lazy and not typing his name.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Namestnikov is the better player, and there is no question about that imo. He is a more complete player than Khokhlachev. He also played on a much weaker team. Khokhlachev makes too many rookie mistakes imo, in one of the games I watched him he went offside three times in like 5 minutes. And it was like close offsides, we're talking meters here.

Khokhlachev has some really nice hands, but his overall game is nothing compared to Namestnikov. When I've watched Namestnikov I wasn't really that impressed during the game, but after the game it hit me that he had played an outstanding game.

I'd take Namestnikov every time over Khokhlachev, and it isn't really any question about that imo.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Not overly impressed with either guy actually. Namestnikov has the better tool box IMO; really nice wheels, nice hands, good vision, shot, etc.. But he apparently has work ethic issues and is too much of a perimeter player at this point in time for my liking. Khoklachev is more consistent and isn't afraid to go to the dirty places on the ice; but his other skills do not overly impress me. His hands look okay, as does his skating and play making ability.

Granted I have not seen either guy play much. But I'd take Namestnikov over Khoklachev at this point, and I wouldn't be in favor of taking either guy until the second round.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Khokhlachev got robbed by not being invited to the Prospects game

Both have lots of upside and have ability to make slick plays

Ill take Namestnikov just for the fact hes a little bigger and if he fills out he could be a dangerous NHL player

member 30781

Nemestnikov sounds familiar to me, did a relative play in the NHL for the Nucks?

Yep, his father. And his mother is the sister of Slava Kozlov. Has hockey running through his blood line.

Who do you think has the higher offensive ceiling? I'd peg Khokhlachev with the higher offensive upside at this point, but Namestnikov will likely be the better player.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Yep, his father. And his mother is the sister of Slava Kozlov. Has hockey running through his blood line.

Who do you think has the higher offensive ceiling? I'd peg Khokhlachev with the higher offensive upside at this point, but Namestnikov will likely be the better player.

Not sure what happened in London this year, Skill wise I'd say it's about even but Khokhlachev looks to be a little more dynamic offensively. Could just have been the Knights lack luster performances this year that is swaying my opinion though.

playthetrap*

Namestnikov's biggest problem was sustaining his strength throughout the whole season. For a guy that showed up at 170lbs in camp, you were a but concerned about his weight. IIRC, by Christmas he wasn't even 160, which doesn't work if you're a top prospect. He needs to have a strong summer, and if he gets better physically, I'd say close to 40 goals and 80-90 points wouldn't be far off. Remember, he is a 92 birth, while Khok is a 93. Khok will likely have an extra year of junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad