Value of: Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Isles 2024 2nd and Wahlstrom for Tank. Rumors last year he had isles on his trade list so ill assume they are on there again. Would need retention to make it work from either OTT or 3rd team

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
He’s actually one of the worst players defensively on the team but he’s good at everything else
That's Tarasenko you're referring to?

He's been the best winger on the team from a defensive standpoint. Reliable, situationally aware, unafraid to make the right play.

You're right in that he's good at everything else. His production as a middle six player with second unit PP time exceeds expectations.

Although it's wise to move him, he's the exact kind of player Ottawa needs.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Even though it makes no sense, nothing about the Preds this year has made a ton of sense so I wouldn't be shocked to see Trotz send Tomasino and a pick for him to bolster our top 6 for our first round exit.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He’s actually one of the worst players defensively on the team but he’s good at everything else
lol someone doesn’t watch him, he’s actually one of the best defensively on the team for forwards. Will admit he was way better defensively than I thought.
Second best 5 on5 defensively on team.

Reactions: oilers4life5

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Him and Henrique have been tops of my list for realistic targets for the Oilers.
IF the Oilers are on his trade list a 2nd plus Bourgault for VT at 50% plus finding another team to take the other 25%
Weird that I haven't seen him on any top 10 trade lists this week from the "insiders"

Ooh, I like that for the Oilers a lot. Just friggin have McDavid drive gaps and drop it to Tarasenko for some lasers, or Drai can no look backhand pass it to him from the drink stall up in the 300s.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
That's Tarasenko you're referring to?

He's been the best winger on the team from a defensive standpoint. Reliable, situationally aware, unafraid to make the right play.

You're right in that he's good at everything else. His production as a middle six player with second unit PP time exceeds expectations.

Although it's wise to move him, he's the exact kind of player Ottawa needs.
This is not true lol.

He's been solid defensively but even comparing him to Joseph is way off base

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Depends on how many teams are desperate for a winger, and how open Tarasenko is to being traded anywhere with his NTC. Tarasenko has been solid as hell this year. An aging but still responsible and dangerous winger.

2nd and a decent prospect, or a late first and spare parts if there is a bidding war.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Isles 2024 2nd and Wahlstrom for Tank. Rumors last year he had isles on his trade list so ill assume they are on there again. Would need retention to make it work from either OTT or 3rd team
Doubt he waives for a team with only a slim chance of making the playoffs(TB only has 9 games left vs playoff teams)

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Doubt he waives for a team with only a slim chance of making the playoffs(TB only has 9 games left vs playoff teams)

Isles are going to need to claw their way in for sure. But they are 6 pts behind PHI with 3 games in hand. One of those games are vs PHI (also 1 vs TBL and DET) Isles have 10 games left vs playoff teams so not much difference there

Reactions: Nick Lang

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I am curious what the cost would be for him retained at 50%? That would leave a 2.5 Cap hit. I think he would be a great RW on the Oilers but I am sure Ottawa will have many suitors.

I'd love a bigger trade by including Artem Zub in a deal between the Oilers and Ottawa.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd love a bigger trade by including Artem Zub in a deal between the Oilers and Ottawa.
That type of deal is the dream from the Oilers. Gets us our top 4 D replacement for Ceci and a scoring winger for DraisaitI. I don't see why Ottawa entertains trading Zub though.

You wouldn’t like the ask for Zub, I’d say close to zero chance he’s moved.
What do you think the ask would be, just out of curiosity.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That type of deal is the dream from the Oilers. Gets us our top 4 D replacement for Ceci and a scoring winger for DraisaitI. I don't see why Ottawa entertains trading Zub though.

What do you think the ask would be, just out of curiosity.
No idea tbh,
Probably starts with a first minimum for Zub, but like said, their not moving their best right shot defenseman, their looking to add right shot, not remove any,

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Maybe it’s just me but if retained to the same salaries, I’d way rather have Tank for a run than Toffoli. Not even close.

Tank is still a far superior all around player, both in the offensive zone and defensive zone. 44 goals in 97 playoff games versus Toffoli’s 18 goals in 88 playoff games. TT’s one-dimensional game and absolute lack of speed kills his effectiveness in playoff hockey.

Like…I can’t understand why anybody would prefer Toffoli as a rental…

He scored 34 goals last year. He’s pacing for similar this year. He’s peaking as a professional. Usage helps, of course. While the playoff stats of prior years are what they are, I’d still gamble on his scoring carrying over this time.

His more extensive experience playing in Canadian markets is a plus and there are Canadian teams reportedly in the winger market.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No idea tbh,
Probably starts with a first minimum for Zub, but like said, their not moving their best right shot defenseman, their looking to add right shot, not remove any,
Hey, that's fair, I was just curious.

I think wanting a 1st+ is fair for Zub. I think the ask is probably more, or he's just straight up unavailable. I actually think that if the ask was a 1st+, he would be traded this trade deadline. I wouldn't be shocked if the Oilers gave Ottawa two 1sts if it meant getting Zub and Tarasenko. But I don't think they'll move him.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers 2nd and Carter Savoie for Tarasenko 50%

5th to an 3rd team 25%

Ottawa trades for Nick Jensen and ships out Chychrun to a contender

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He scored 34 goals last year. He’s pacing for similar this year. He’s peaking as a professional. Usage helps, of course. While the playoff stats of prior years are what they are, I’d still gamble on his scoring carrying over this time.

His more extensive experience playing in Canadian markets is a plus and there are Canadian teams reportedly in the winger market.
My only concern with trying to trade for Tarasenko, as an Oilers fan, is his NTC. He can basically choose where he goes, so it isn't even about the best package available, its about the team he wants to go to most meeting a "good enough" price for Ottawa to take it. I expect he goes to a team like Florida or Vegas. Stupid Vegas.

Oilers 2nd and Carter Savoie for Tarasenko 50%

5th to an 3rd team 25%

Ottawa trades for Nick Jensen and ships out Chychrun to a contender
Can't Edmonton trade for Nick Jensen as well, ha ha ha.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hey, that's fair, I was just curious.

I think wanting a 1st+ is fair for Zub. I think the ask is probably more, or he's just straight up unavailable. I actually think that if the ask was a 1st+, he would be traded this trade deadline. I wouldn't be shocked if the Oilers gave Ottawa two 1sts if it meant getting Zub and Tarasenko. But I don't think they'll move him.
Two 1sts(unprotected of course), Ceci, Xavier Bourgault and Beau Akey(Oilers best RHD prospect) for Zub(no retention)and Tarasenko(50%). Up to the Oilers to get another party involved to make the cap work.

That's all I could come up for the fun of it 🤷 Agreed that the Sens won't be moving Zub and Tarasenko might not want to be traded to the Oilers

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Isles are going to need to claw their way in for sure. But they are 6 pts behind PHI with 3 games in hand. One of those games are vs PHI (also 1 vs TBL and DET) Isles have 10 games left vs playoff teams so not much difference there
LA, NYR(X3), CAR, DET, WIN, FLA, TB, PHI, and NSH.
I'm hoping they do because as an Oilers fan it doesn't affect me and I have Sorokin as my fantasy starter

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
LA, NYR(X3), CAR, DET, WIN, FLA, TB, PHI, and NSH.
I'm hoping they do because as an Oilers fan it doesn't affect me and I have Sorokin as my fantasy starter
All those teams are beatable for the Islanders. Nashville and Carolina are the only one they’ve struggled with consistent over the years. They can easily beat Philly, Detroit and the Rangers.

• Haha
Reactions: Homesick

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
That's the interesting thing I think: will he actually limit his market to one team or so? If so, don't expect much
Ya wonder what the process is. Go to him and ask for a list of teams he would accept a trade to or negotiate a trade and ask later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad