WC: Finland 2024 roster talk

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Hopefully Hintz (and Saros/Pärssinen?) will come and save the day.

Innala - Granlund - Puljujarvi
Puustinen - Suomela - Nurmi
Puistola - Kapanen - Hyry
Mäenalanen - Björninen - Oksanen

Lammikko, Luoto, Suomi, Jääska, Helenius, Jormakka, Pakarinen fighting for the rest.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I doubt that Hintz is healthy. I don't think anyone from Dallas is coming if they are eliminated.

I wouldn't expect anyone else from the NHL to join at this point.

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Finland won Olympic gold medal without any NHL players!. Finnish NHLers has got big egos. We are better w/o them. They destroy team chemistry w/ their egos.
Some clanky nobody like Marko Anttila is what you need to win gold medals.

Reactions: jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Finland won Olympic gold medal without any NHL players!. Finnish NHLers has got big egos. We are better w/o them. They destroy team chemistry w/ their egos.
Some clanky nobody like Marko Anttila is what you need to win gold medals.
Exactly .. finnish hockey tactic and defense system boring hockey is better for players like antilla .. not for rantanen or aho

Reactions: MatBarzal

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Yes, the perfect plan for Finland to win every major tournament gold from here to perpetuity:

1. Leave all of our NHLers at home.
2. Convince everyone else to leave all of their NHLers at home, too.
3. Profit.

• Haha
Reactions: Elvs

schmiedi

Dec 31, 2014
Hopefully Hintz (and Saros/Pärssinen?) will come and save the day.

Innala - Granlund - Puljujarvi
Puustinen - Suomela - Nurmi
Puistola - Kapanen - Hyry
Mäenalanen - Björninen - Oksanen

Lammikko, Luoto, Suomi, Jääska, Helenius, Jormakka, Pakarinen fighting for the rest.
Pärssinen will Go back to ahl.

Saros would be great

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yes, the perfect plan for Finland to win every major tournament gold from here to perpetuity:

1. Leave all of our NHLers at home.
2. Convince everyone else to leave all of their NHLers at home, too.
3. Profit.

...and preferably play on Slovakia's soil. Maybe Czechia's soil counts as it's rather close.

Saros would be great

Although Saros plays a lot of games every season, he can't deny the invitation every time. My feeling is that this time we'll have him in the team. I don't get those Ristolainen vibes of Saros. Well Nashville did win last night, but 3-2 deficit still means that there's a long way to go for Nashville to recover from that.

Reactions: king89 and illone84

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Maybe Czechia's soil counts as it's rather close.
Or maybe it doesn't. The old Czechoslovakia was a reasonably favorable venue for us, considering both our men's team (silver, 1992) and U20 team (gold, 1987) won their first medals there. Since the countries separated, however... the men's team has won zero medals on Czechia's soil. The U20 team has one bronze.

Reactions: Mestaruus

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Saros which has been terrible w/ 5GAA?
Laine needs a shrink.
Puljujärvi's brain can't produce a sentence in English even after 5 years of studying.

Our NHL options are horrible.

schmiedi

Dec 31, 2014
Saros which has been terrible w/ 5GAA?
Laine needs a shrink.
Puljujärvi's brain can't produce a sentence in English even after 5 years of studying.

Our NHL options are horrible.
Saros steals booth wins now.

Nashville makes terrible mistakes the last game.

Only 2 of the 11 goals were softis.
But he saves already 5-6 goals.

Not his best Season but a „human“ Saros is still the top choice in Finnland

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Or maybe it doesn't. The old Czechoslovakia was a reasonably favorable venue for us, considering both our men's team (silver, 1992) and U20 team (gold, 1987) won their first medals there. Since the countries separated, however... the men's team has won zero medals on Czechia's soil. The U20 team has one bronze.

I must say interesting and a good point there!

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Saros steals booth wins now.

Nashville makes terrible mistakes the last game.

Only 2 of the 11 goals were softis.
But he saves already 5-6 goals.

Not his best Season but a „human“ Saros is still the top choice in Finnland
Would love to see Juice, the "no goals" commercial guy come and stop some pucks in Prague.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Why oh why Dallas must you do this to us? At least Vegas is getting to play at home on the next one, but it doesn't look too promising with that series.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I cheer for Finland and Switzerland. But I don't think that Switzerland will win the gold medal; we have a quarterfinal problem. And Finland has been under Jukka Jalonen so successfully over the past few years that I predict it will take a longer time before they win the next title. But I take, of course, the title if they should achieve it. But I don't really believe it.

So if neither Finland nor Switzerland win it, I wouldn't begrudge it to the Czechs. It's been a long time since they won the title last time.

By the way, who is now the new coach of the Finnish NT?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I cheer for Finland and Switzerland. But I don't think that Switzerland will win the gold medal; we have a quarterfinal problem. And Finland has been under Jukka Jalonen so successfully over the past few years that I predict it will take a longer time before they win the next title. But I take, of course, the title if they should achieve it. But I don't really believe it.

So if neither Finland nor Switzerland win it, I wouldn't begrudge it to the Czechs. It's been a long time since they won the title last time.

I think its Pennanen

but many finns wanted Kaj Kunnas

• Haha
Reactions: SantosHalper

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Why oh why Dallas must you do this to us? At least Vegas is getting to play at home on the next one, but it doesn't look too promising with that series.
I don't see why it would be such a huge issue waiting for the second round to wrap up, given that some top talent Finns could be available if healthy. I would leave two slots open at the minimum.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Jukka Jalonen is still the coach in this tournament. Starting from the next season (ie. the NHL 4-team tournament), it's Antti Pennanen.

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Finland can only win if the tournament level is super duper low Like 1995 and 2011. If we ban all Canada, Russia and Sweden. Maybe we can win. Kummola make it happen!

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't see why it would be such a huge issue waiting for the second round to wrap up, given that some top talent Finns could be available if healthy. I would leave two slots open at the minimum.

Could be a long wait if some full 7 games series will happen. Sunday is the first game of CAR-NYR series. Well let's hope that it's 4-1 (4-0 sounds unrealistic) for one of the teams and of course preferably NYR being the winner.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Jukka Jalonen is still the coach in this tournament. Starting from the next season (ie. the NHL 4-team tournament), it's Antti Pennanen.

What's this NHL 4-team tournament you're referring to BTW? I've been busy and have missed some news lately.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
What's this NHL 4-team tournament you're referring to BTW? I've been busy and have missed some news lately.
4 nations cup?

Could be a long wait if some full 7 games series will happen. Sunday is the first game of CAR-NYR series. Well let's hope that it's 4-1 (4-0 sounds unrealistic) for one of the teams and of course preferably NYR being the winner.
True. If I am correct the winner of the Dallas/Vegas plays Colorado? Also, agreed with NYR being the winner. Kakko doesn't even have a contract at this point once his season is over. Finally, I would love to see Carolina or Dallas win the stanley cup but I am still hopeful for some reinforcements :help::help::help::D:D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad