Value of: Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The market doesn’t appear to be shaping up in a favorable way for Ottawa. Instead of being the #1 rental winger, it’s looking like he’ll be #3 behind Guentzel and Toffoli. That’s not conducive to a premium return.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
The market doesn’t appear to be shaping up in a favorable way for Ottawa. Instead of being the #1 rental winger, it’s looking like he’ll be #3 behind Guentzel and Toffoli. That’s not conducive to a premium return.
Agreed, although I'm not sure Toffoli actually gets dealt, so teams will circle back on Tarasenko.

Reactions: oilers4life5

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think he gets a stronger return than he did last year, but not by a super large margin.

I think they shoot for a 1st and B prospect, and then settle on a 2nd and B prospect on deadline day if no one matches that. That's pretty much what Anaheim did with Rakell 2 years ago and I figure Rakell and Tarasenko are similarly attractive as rentals.

There are a couple of other rental wingers available, but I still think there are more teams looking for top-6 wingers than top-6 wingers available.

Edit:

Actually, I may take that back

I didn't realize he had a full NTC. I think that dramatically hurts his value, just like it did last year when the Blues traded him.

Reactions: Andy Dufresne

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's been quite good this year and if deadline prices of previous years were any indication he should get a late 1st from a contender, but that doesn't appear like it's going to happen.

Sens are asking for a 2nd and a prospect, which is an asking price teams should be jumping all over, provided the prospect in question isn't a blue chip guy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He's been quite good this year and if deadline prices of previous years were any indication he should get a late 1st from a contender, but that doesn't appear like it's going to happen.

Sens are asking for a 2nd and a prospect, which is an asking price teams should be jumping all over, provided the prospect in question isn't a blue chip guy.
If that’s the price I can see teams doing that. Like you said, depending on the prospect

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Him and Henrique have been tops of my list for realistic targets for the Oilers.
IF the Oilers are on his trade list a 2nd plus Bourgault for VT at 50% plus finding another team to take the other 25%
Weird that I haven't seen him on any top 10 trade lists this week from the "insiders"

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Him and Henrique have been tops of my list for realistic targets for the Oilers.
IF the Oilers are on his trade list a 2nd plus Bourgault for VT at 50% plus finding another team to take the other 25%
Weird that I haven't seen him on any top 10 trade lists this week from the "insiders"

He’s #7 on the TSN list and #4 on Seravalli’s.

The interest in him seems to be there and he also seems like a sure bet to be traded. The price seems like it’s going to come down to how difficult he wants to be with his full NTC.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He’s #7 on the TSN list and #4 on Seravalli’s.

The interest in him seems to be there and he also seems like a sure bet to be traded. The price seems like it’s going to come down to how difficult he wants to be with his full NTC.
He's #16 on Seravallis list

I haven't checked out TSN since Bob McKenzie retired (not discrediting it though)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

I was going to say that Bourgault is probably a little too good a potential prospect for the add but at this point the thought of Tarasenko with Draisaitl and how slow Bourgault's adjustment been to the pro game, yeah I'd do this deal.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Unfortunately he rubbed some managers wrong last summer. You wouldn’t think they’d hold that against him, but it likely makes him a pure rental.

Nobody is trading for him, with any plans of handing him another contract. The problem is, that will effect his value, because even some UFA wingers who’ve been dealt in recent years, who didn’t ultimately resign, there was an interest to do so. In this case, there’s likely no interest at all, unless he comes in, and is so good, he creates that interest.

This one just smells Vegas, Boston or Edmonton as a pure rental. I’m not sure anyone can put a value on him though. Nobody should be surprised if it’s for a 3rd and a bottom 6 prospect, or a 2nd round pick alone. The funny thing is, he’ll likely out produce players who end up costing more.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd offer MTL 2nd and an okay prospect if he waives for a run with the Jets. Ehlers and Vilardi tend to pick up injuries pretty often so he'd be nice insurance to plug into the top 6 if someone goes down.

Connor - Scheifele - Vilardi
Iafallo - Monahan - Ehlers
Perfetti - Namestnikov - Tarasenko
Nino - Lowry - Appleton
Barron

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
It'll be a 2nd and a prospect. Retention adds a tad more value. Could see them getting a 1st out of a cup contender like Edmonton if they're retaining 50%.

Vlad has been very good for Ottawa. He's still a very effective Top 6 forward who's extremely responsible with the puck and in his own end. He's also won a cup, and is known to elevate in the playoffs (was arguably the best player during their cup run).

If EDM can't get Guentzel, Tarasenko is their next best bet. It's actually a really good fit

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
A late 1st+ d level prospect, 2nd+b level prospect, 3rd and top 100 prospect is my assumed value. Now managers like Jbb will overpay for Jeannot so there is not telling what desperation will make a cup contender offer up.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
It'll be a 2nd and a prospect. Retention adds a tad more value. Could see them getting a 1st out of a cup contender like Edmonton if they're retaining 50%.

Vlad has been very good for Ottawa. He's still a very effective Top 6 forward who's extremely responsible with the puck and in his own end. He's also won a cup, and is known to elevate in the playoffs (was arguably the best player during their cup run).

If EDM can't get Guentzel, Tarasenko is their next best bet. It's actually a really good fit
He’s actually one of the worst players defensively on the team but he’s good at everything else

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Maybe it’s just me but if retained to the same salaries, I’d way rather have Tank for a run than Toffoli. Not even close.

Tank is still a far superior all around player, both in the offensive zone and defensive zone. 44 goals in 97 playoff games versus Toffoli’s 18 goals in 88 playoff games. TT’s one-dimensional game and absolute lack of speed kills his effectiveness in playoff hockey.

Like…I can’t understand why anybody would prefer Toffoli as a rental…

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'd offer MTL 2nd and an okay prospect if he waives for a run with the Jets. Ehlers and Vilardi tend to pick up injuries pretty often so he'd be nice insurance to plug into the top 6 if someone goes down.

Connor - Scheifele - Vilardi
Iafallo - Monahan - Ehlers
Perfetti - Namestnikov - Tarasenko
Nino - Lowry - Appleton
Barron
I don't know him personally but something tells me he's not going to waive to a team to be a 3rd liner.
But MTL's 2nd is a solid piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad