Traded Vladimir Tarasenko (1 year, 5 million)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Either

A. Trading Joseph or Forsberg
B. Possible Batherson suspension(pls no)
No way we're trading Forsberg. Dorion was talking about how they're a great tandem, and that they're former teammates that will push each other to be better.

Has to be Joseph or Batherson. Or by some miracle, Toronto gets bonked for LTIRing Murray and are forced to buy him out.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I think B is more likely unfortunately.

Would be complete BS if the rumour is true about Batherson being the fellow who came up the room and left without participating.
If that rumor is true Dorion & ownership should protest any suspension. If he didn't participate he shouldn't be punished

Reactions: Sensators

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Zub and Tarasenko on that first road trip.

double-team-goon.gif

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Excellent deal by Dorion providing it doesn’t hold up signing any other players ( I have no idea who’s an RFA)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
1 year ...I can live with that as a stop gap

So Joseph traded with assets.
Batherson suspension incoming.
Norris starts the year on LTIR.

That’s what’s been speculated at this point with regards to making Tarasenko fit.
or Forsberg LTIR

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Could randomly LTIR a player, most teams go with that approach and the NHL doesn’t really care

Not a huge fan of this signing. But for 1yr, there's no risk involved.

edit: Although, it could be good if we don't start the season with Batherson.

Gotta sell tickets... Lost DeBrincat already so Dorion probably wanted to bring a big name to make it look like we improved

But if we go DeBrincat + Batherson to Kubalik + Tarasenko, we're in deep shit

If we Batherson plays we are deep at forward but lacking a bit in good 2-way players. We need Pinto to take the next step defensively to carry his line. Greig will be excellent almost right away IMO. Thinking of going with a Greig-Pinto-Giroux shutdown 2-way shutdown line (Giroux would get his PP points too)

The thing is we need DJ to coach this thing very wisely. A lot of pressure on him I think

"Forwards don't need to defend" Denis Smith

Please tell me he never really said that

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
This article reads like Dorion wrote it himself so Andlauer can take note.

Regardless, great signing.

Edit: hmm I guess I was actually talking about this other article:

Last summer Pierre Dorion swung for the fences in free agency and got Claude Giroux. Well he's followed that up this summer with another big splash in veteran forward, Vladimir Tarasenko!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad