Confirmed with Link: Vladimir Guerrero inducted into baseball Hall of Fame

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
We had a thread for the others, and Vladdy deserves one too!

Not sure if he'll be going in as an Expo (pretty sure he'll be an Angel actually, Vladimir Guerrero) but he'll almost certainly be the last Expo to go into the Hall.

Great player. Possibly the best to ever play in Montreal.

Great player. Pedro was better.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Walker isn’t getting traction. People overestimate the impact of Coors Field on his numbers.

Great fielder with a cannon arm as well. He was pretty much a five tool player.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
God I miss the Expos.

I grew up watching him. I always loved his style... he seemed to be playing in a pick-up game at the park : no glove, full power swing mode. The guy didn't know what was a BB haha.

I'm not even talking about his canon arm : ball going to RF, runner going for the plate = :popcorn:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I miss the Expos. Especially on a year like this when the Habs are on the cusp of becoming mathematically eliminated, you'd look forward to spring training and all the buzz that it produces, the final cuts, then taking in games. A summer to help you forget that your hockey team is run by incompetents.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
LOL. I deleted my post thinking I posted it twice. Here's a Zip version.

Vlad was number one on offence, Pedro and Dennis were 1 and 2 in pitching. Can't compare pitchers and hitters, two different skillsets, like goalies and forwards.

I hope Vlad goes in as an Expo but the fact he made it so quickly is what matters.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I miss the Expos. Especially on a year like this when the Habs are on the cusp of becoming mathematically eliminated, you'd look forward to spring training and all the buzz that it produces, the final cuts, then taking in games. A summer to help you forget that your hockey team is run by incompetents.

You just reminded me how much spring training was also fun. I remember counting the days starting from Beginning of February to start of spring training.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So true.............Expos and MLB broke our hearts...........I have gone from sad, to being mad...a total mess they made of it all...........
Can it be fixed? Hope so..........also hope I win the 649

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You just reminded me how much spring training was also fun. I remember counting the days starting from Beginning of February to start of spring training.

The smell of freshly cut grass, a cold one ... and the dulcet tones of Dave Van Horne.

A rite of spring, a staple of our summers, the dog days and the dramatic fall games.

f***ing asshole ownership group threw it all away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy was amazing..............raw, raw talent!!!

Roger was on Marinaro's show this morning and he claims that Vlad was the most talented Expo he ever saw. Says that Valentine came close. As did Walker. Carter was also in the same stratosphere but if push comes to shove, he'd get the nod over Vlad on account of the position he played.

To think they signed the kid for $1200 dollars, he didn't have any baseball cleats, had one shoe bigger than the other and he used to fill the extra space with rolled up socks. And the guy went on to make $125 million in his career. Quite the story.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
The smell of freshly cut grass, a cold one ... and the dulcet tones of Dave Van Horne.

A rite of spring, a staple of our summers, the dog days and the dramatic fall games.

****ing ******* ownership group threw it all away.

Boy do I miss those days. My summers have not been the same since the departure of the Expos.

Bronfman should of never sold the team, but I understand why he did at that time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Boy do I miss those days. My summers have not been the same since the departure of the Expos.

Bronfman should of never sold the team, but I understand why he did at that time.

I ran into Brochu a few years ago, as he was exiting the Carrefour Laval shopping center. I happened to take one of the side entrances as it was just next to where I had parked. Lo and behold, I look up and see Brochu walking by. Friggin wannabe good-for-nothing. I remember when Brochu instituted a policy at spring training forbidding players from gifting balls to fans otherwise he'd charge them for every ball they'd flip over the stands. This is the type of tightwad "owner" that completely killed off the product. And he's roaming about town as if nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin11

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I ran into Brochu a few years ago, as he was exiting the Carrefour Laval shopping center. I happened to take one of the side entrances as it was just next to where I had parked. Lo and behold, I look up and see Brochu walking by. Friggin wannabe good-for-nothing. I remember when Brochu instituted a policy at spring training forbidding players from gifting balls to fans otherwise he'd charge them for every ball they'd flip over to the stands. This is the type of tightwad "owner" that completely killed off the product. And he's roaming about town as if nothing happened.
This guy should be shot!! What a mess he and MLB made of the Expos.......................I'm 55 yrs old, and still haven't recovered from the mess they made..............so sad what they did to the Expos!

Reactions: Justin11

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy should be shot!! What a mess he and MLB made of the Expos.......................I'm 55 yrs old, and still haven't recovered from the mess they made..............so sad what they did to the Expos!

If every one he crosses on the street just reminds of the scumbag that he is and occasionally, a fan slaps him on the back of the head, it could help alleviate a lot of frustration. :sarcasm:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
God I miss the Expos.

I grew up watching him. I always loved his style... he seemed to be playing in a pick-up game at the park : no glove, full power swing mode. The guy didn't know what was a BB haha.

I'm not even talking about his canon arm : ball going to RF, runner going for the plate = :popcorn:
Every time the other team had a RISP, I would pray that the ball was hit to RF. Dat cannon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hardworker33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad