Confirmed with Link: Vladimir Guerrero inducted into baseball Hall of Fame

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Going in as an Angel.

What a f***ing asshole. Carter and Dawson pulled the same crap. f*** you, inconsiderate profiteer. Spent more time in Montreal than LA.

Never even mentioned Montreal in the short allocution he just gave. It was all about his native country. I don't have a problem with him honoring his birthplace and roots but he was an Expos developed player, I guess it's so easy to dismiss that now that the team doesn't exist.

From now on, he'll just be Guerrero to me. Gonna get rid of his bat now.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Walker isn’t getting traction. People overestimate the impact of Coors Field on his numbers.

Great fielder with a cannon arm as well. He was pretty much a five tool player.

Yeah it’s a shame. One hell of an outfielder. 7 Gold Gloves and 1 MVP. His OPS was 200 points higher at home than away, so I see the argument. But at the same time, he raked as an old man for the Cardinals at the end of his career.

I mean there can’t be too many players in MLB history with 350+ HRs, 200+ SBs while batting .300/.400/.550

The problem is he doesn’t have a WS and no arbitrary offensive milestones (ie 500 HRs).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He finally thanks the Montreal Expos for the opportunity but claims the story about his shoes is false. Sure thing, Guerrero. Tell it to the Angels.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What a ****ing *******. Carter and Dawson pulled the same crap. **** you, inconsiderate profiteer. Spent more time in Montreal than LA.

Never even mentioned Montreal in the short allocution he just gave. It was all about his native country. I don't have a problem with him honoring his birthplace and roots but he was an Expos developed player, I guess it's so easy to dismiss that now that the team doesn't exist.

From now on, he'll just be Guerrero to me. Gonna get rid of his bat now.

Lol come on. He barely spent more time with the Expos. A single season more. He also had 7 playoff series with the Angels, none for the Expos. His MVP and three Top 3 finishes were with the Angels. 4 of his 8 Silver Sluggers (3 with Montreal and 1 with Texas).

Just be thankful he played in Montreal and never complained about the shitty ownership and garbage stadium. He played his heart out. No reason to hate a guy for justifiably picking a team with better memories just because he played 150 more games with another.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lol come on. He barely spent more time with the Expos. A single season more. He also had 7 playoff series with the Angels, none for the Expos. His MVP and three Top 3 finishes were with the Angels. 4 of his 8 Silver Sluggers (3 with Montreal and 1 with Texas).

Just be thankful he played in Montreal and never complained about the ****ty ownership and garbage stadium. He played his heart out. No reason to hate a guy for justifiably picking a team with better memories just because he played 150 more games with another.

Not hating him but am not as enthusiastic about him entering the HOF. Sure, he had better individual and team awards with the Angels, but he spent 8 years in Montreal vs. 6 in LA and of course was signed and developed by the Expos, who provided his first opportunity to make it to the big leagues.

I was equally disappointed with Carter and Dawson doing the same thing except that in their cases, the HOF denied their wishes. In Guerrero's situation, they allowed him to choose.

But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I don't take millionaires's decisions about their personal preferences all too seriously. Just makes for good message board banter.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not hating him but am not as enthusiastic about him entering the HOF. Sure, he had better individual and team awards with the Angels, but he spent 8 years in Montreal vs. 6 in LA and of course was signed and developed by the Expos, who provided his first opportunity to make it to the big leagues.

I was equally disappointed with Carter and Dawson doing the same thing except that in their cases, the HOF denied their wishes. In Guerrero's situation, they allowed him to choose.

But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I don't take millionaires's decisions about their personal preferences all too seriously. Just makes for good message board banter.

It should be a criticism of the Baseball Hall of Fame process. #1 the unwritten code between 75 year old writers that players need to pay their dues and not inducted on their first ballot. #2 arbitrary stats holding so much influence. #3 making players choose a single team to represent when being inducted.

I love baseball but never liked this stupid process. Still holding grudges against Bonds and Clemens too, it’s asinine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It should be a criticism of the Baseball Hall of Fame process. #1 the unwritten code between 75 year old writers that players need to pay their dues and not inducted on their first ballot. #2 arbitrary stats holding so much influence. #3 making players choose a single team to represent when being inducted.

I love baseball but never liked this stupid process. Still holding grudges against Bonds and Clemens too, it’s asinine.

I don't believe in "grudges" either, just how much I would want the team to be back and seeing a future with our long lost logo. What players say and do outside of the white lines, it's a dog's breakfast and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone unless it's a patently criminal activity or morally reprehensible. Otherwise, it's just entertainment. On to the next thing.

Maybe I'll look into giving the Impact a chance this year.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Can't get mad at him. He probably has much better memories as part of some fun, playoff competitive Angels teams playing in a nice outdoor ballpark in front of big crowds. Meanwhile the Montreal period the experience must have had much more bitter elements playing in that toilet bowl dome, on concrete that wrecked his knees and cut his prime short, for criminal ownership that wasn't trying to win and sold off his teammates, all in front of no fans after we saw the same thing happening and stopped watching.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
We had a thread for the others, and Vladdy deserves one too!

Not sure if he'll be going in as an Expo (pretty sure he'll be an Angel actually, Vladimir Guerrero) but he'll almost certainly be the last Expo to go into the Hall.

Great player. Possibly the best to ever play in Montreal.

doesnt larry walker have at least one more kick at the cat ?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Probably one of the best arm and raw power in history

He admitted that he is a year older than his Papers . Happens in the DR

There was a scandal of an ex prospect that was 5 years older than his papers . Esmailyn Gonzalez I think

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Embarrassing he gets in before Bond.
100% agreed.

Bonds should absolutely be in the hall of fame but he won't because he was a dick to the media. It's not like he'd be the only player on steroids to get in either. Did he even ever test positive while playing?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Probably one of the best arm and raw power in history

He admitted that he is a year older than his Papers . Happens in the DR

There was a scandal of an ex prospect that was 5 years older than his papers . Esmailyn Gonzalez I think
Yeah I remember Gonzalez (his real name was Carlos Alvarez), the nats signed him thinking he was a prodigious teenager, but he was like 21 irl.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
f*** Bonds, should get in, but I don't feel sorry he has to wait his turn like a jabroni. And if he doesn't get in, well f*** it, Pete Rose didn't either.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Vlad should definitely be inducted as both an expos and an angels. I understand they don't like to do it but he is the prime example of a guy who had equal success with two teams. I'm kind of sad he's not entering as an expos. Pedro it was clear he was a sox more than an expos. But Vlad i'm kind of sad about it. I understand his decision the expos are dead and there was nobody in the stands while he was here but still ...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I remember Gonzalez (his real name was Carlos Alvarez), the nats signed him thinking he was a prodigious teenager, but he was like 21 irl.

That was the prospect that bilked the Nationals, lol. Don't feel bad for them one bit.

His fake name was Esmailyn "Smiley" Gonzalez and was part of an elaborate scheme, that eluded his own agent. We now know how appropriate that Smiley moniker was.

As more and more lies were being uncovered, it prompted his embarassed agent to quip: "This thing is unraveling like a Greek tragedy."

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
100% agreed.

Bonds should absolutely be in the hall of fame but he won't because he was a dick to the media. It's not like he'd be the only player on steroids to get in either. Did he even ever test positive while playing?

Bonds was aHOF before he started mashing home runs. MLB had no issue what so ever cashing in on his alleged steroid use. Bonds, A rod, Ortiz, Clemens all belong in the HOF regardless.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I didn't say Bonds shouldn't be in, I said that dumbass can sit and wait.

that dumb ass (and all the 'roid athletes like Ortiz, A rod, Clemens etc...) is why a not insigificant percent of people watch baseball today. Old heads in the HOF should grow up but whatever. Terell Owens still hasn't gotten in to the football HOF eiether so it's clear it doesn't mean much

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bonds was a jackass and is the face of steroids. He'll get in but I have no problem with that guy having to wait 15 years or whatever it is. **** that guy.
He won't ever get in and it's a shame imo (and also his doing)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->