Post-Game Talk: Viva Las Vegas 6PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Same old story. Completely change this terrible coaching staff and then we can talk about this team doing something.
One thing that screams poor coaching other than the terrible defensive coverage is the complete lack of urgency at the start of games. These guys haven’t been ready to play to start a game in weeks.

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Since the 3rd period of the Penguins game they’ve had one period where they actually looked like a good team. Organized, on the same page, and playing with urgency. That was against Colorado in the 3rd. They’ve truly looked lost and/or disinterested since. I mean this is just embarrassing the way they’re playing defense.

I don't think they are disinterested. I think they are confused / lost and can't find their way back to playing their game.

Reactions: caps4cup

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The defensive play is egregious. And it's been going on a while now. With Trotz, I seem to remember 1-2 game bursts like this. Not weeks.

Ovechkin is squeezing the stick is predictable and therefore frustrating. He's had enough milestone goals by now, you'd think he'd be past this.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The defensive play is egregious. And it's been going on a while now. With Trotz, I seem to remember 1-2 game bursts like this. Not weeks.

Ovechkin is squeezing the stick is predictable and therefore frustrating. He's had enough milestone goals by now, you'd think he'd be past this.
Trotz knew how to adjust and also get his players to listen... and buy in.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think that was tipped by Jensen's stick. Anyway.

This is the moment you start to question watching this at night :P

Caps had moments though. Could score.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We are no lock for the playoffs, as amusing as some of you found that after the Colorado game. Reirden et al have done a horrendous job of having this team ready for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad