Post-Game Talk: Visually, I don't think we visualized the visualisation.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm convinced what MacT meant by his 'visually' comment was visually looking at stats provide by Dellow. He means that with fancy advanced stats we look better than our record and has been and has been talked into the fact that sooner or later our performance wins wise will match the Corsi numbers.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
At this point i'd rather lose 8-5 then 2-1. Watching this group of clowns attempt to play defence is just sad. Let them run and gun and at least lose with both guns blazing.

Then they should hire Ralf Krueger back. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm convinced what MacT meant by his 'visually' comment was visually looking at stats provide by Dellow. He means that with fancy advanced stats we look better than our record and has been and has been talked into the fact that sooner or later our performance wins wise will match the Corsi numbers.

Visually as I interpreted it referred more to the "seen em good" line of thinking so odd given the orgs latest penchant for advanced stats. I don't think he was referring to the numbers with that specific and repeatedly used visual term.

That said it sickens me how this club is trying to find rainbows in its advanced stats. All they've done with this is use it to prop up a dead carcass.

Reminds me of a Monty Python skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Visually as I interpreted it referred more to the "seen em good" line of thinking so odd given the orgs latest penchant for advanced stats. I don't think he was referring to the numbers with that specific and repeatedly used visual term.

That said it sickens me how this club is trying to find rainbows in its advanced stats. All they've done with this is use it to prop up a dead carcass.

Reminds me of a Monty Python skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

reminds me more of this dude:

ConAirMcDavid

Dec 2, 2014
FACT:

In the pre-Dellow, non fancy stats era the Oilers were a 0.523 team.

In the Dellow era, the oilers have a 0.328 winning percentage.

Now I don't know a lot about stats, but I think this shows what needs to happen here.

#FireDellow

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
FACT:

In the pre-Dellow, non fancy stats era the Oilers were a 0.523 team.

In the Dellow era, the oilers have a 0.328 winning percentage.

Now I don't know a lot about stats, but I think this shows what needs to happen here.

#FireDellow

:facepalm: he's a CONSULTANT. There's tons of problems to address before Dellow.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
:facepalm: he's a CONSULTANT. There's tons of problems to address before Dellow.

I think it was somewhat facetious.

But its unmistakable what has allowed this forlorn franchise to be lost in space for yet a longer period of time is its current headlong dive into advanced stats and making analysis, decisions, hires, and formulating strategy based on that.

This team was terribly confused in enough ways before it attempted to divine hockey using such metrics.

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
I miss when the Oilers were a fun team to watch at least.
They've sucked all the fun out of watching as a fan. It's quite sad.
I still watch in hopes of wins and entertainment but I'm often let down.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I miss when the Oilers were a fun team to watch at least.
They've sucked all the fun out of watching as a fan. It's quite sad.
I still watch in hopes of wins and entertainment but I'm often let down.

On a positive note your username is Win Win.

welldone. Got a laugh at that a couple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad