Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
1. On transportation from Novotel to SBP, i wouldnt say that a car would necessarily be easier than taking the bus. You should be able to grab a bus at the rideau center (right across the street) to go to the arena.

2. From train station to hotel, you should be able to take a bus as well. If you do take a cab, it shouldnt be more than 15 minutes, as the train station is right off the highway and the exit for your hotel is the next one iirc.

3. For bars, you're staying in the right spot. A few blocks away is the byward market, which has plenty of choices for bars. I like clocktower, though it's probably about 5 blocks away from novatel (the farthest end of the market).

edit: for bus route, you should be able to grab the 261 from the mckenzie king overpass by the rideau center, less than a 5 min walk from novatel. Not sure what the closest stop is for sbp, but i think the palladium stop is a 10min walk to the doors.

edit2: the special SBP events bus (400 series, not sure which one goes to rideau) actually goes down rideau street, which is even closer to novatel.

Last edited:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
1. On transportation from Novotel to SBP, i wouldnt say that a car would necessarily be easier than taking the bus. You should be able to grab a bus at the rideau center (right across the street) to go to the arena.

2. From train station to hotel, you should be able to take a bus as well. If you do take a cab, it shouldnt be more than 15 minutes, as the train station is right off the highway and the exit for your hotel is the next one iirc.

3. For bars, you're staying in the right spot. A few blocks away is the byward market, which has plenty of choices for bars. I like clocktower, though it's probably about 5 blocks away from novatel (the farthest end of the market).

Thank you, very helpful

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
bus station from train is about a 5 minute bus ride from your hotel. STop at the Rideau Centre station and your Hotel is right behind. From Rideau Station, you can also catch the bus to go to Scotiabank place.

Go on the OC Transpo site, and you can plan your travel time.

http://www.octranspo1.com/splash

obsenssive*

I work at the far more reputable Fairmont Château Laurier two blocks away. Only the best are accommodated here. Hmmpf. :pout:

ask your concierge at "Novhotel" if they can offer any advice on the matter. It's something we frequently encounter here. Bus is usually the best option if you didn't rent a vehicle.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i've been there a number of times.

how fun it is depends on who you're with and who the musicians are. Last time i went i think Feist was playing and the atmosphere was okay, but i eventually just left and went to some bar on elgin.

honestly, probably more fun for minors. As an adult i'd rather go to a booze-filled party or bbq.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I am going to ottawa in the summer.
have any of you guys been to parliment hills on canada day before

Last year on canada day there was around 100.000 downtown on canada day with the royal couple comming this year that number could double.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Hey guys,

my computer is busted so I wondering was if there's a radio station to follow play by play broadcast for any of the playoffs?

Thanks.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Going to uOttawa next year:yo: now I can finally watch the sens on a regular basis, and not just TSN and the rare CBC game

TooLow494

Mar 29, 2010
hey guys would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out.

i'm planning on making my way to the bell sensplex for monday's 3on3 tourney. i'm coming from montreal so i'm wondering how much traffic I should be expecting and when. i'll be taking the 40 west and then the queen mary (471)

how was the 3on3 last year, i'm anticipating alot more for the event this year but i was hoping to show up at 8:30 in order to be assured a seat.

i appreciate the help in advance thank you!

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Try posting your question in the development camp thread. You might get more answers there.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
We're two guys from Denmark, who will be visiting Ottawa on nov 27. Where are the best place to buy Ottawa merchandise in terms of reasonable price and quality? Sould i just go for the official shop?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
We're two guys from Denmark, who will be visiting Ottawa on nov 27. Where are the best place to buy Ottawa merchandise in terms of reasonable price and quality? Sould i just go for the official shop?

Sens store is probably you're best bet. There is one at Carlingwood Mall, Orleans Mall and at Scotibank PLace

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Quick question. Are there buses that travel from Downtown Ottawa into Quebec and vice versa? The reason I need to know is I am a cheap university student looking for some cheap beer, and I'm to lazy to walk from the uOttawa campus into Hull.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Quick question. Are there buses that travel from Downtown Ottawa into Quebec and vice versa? The reason I need to know is I am a cheap university student looking for some cheap beer, and I'm to lazy to walk from the uOttawa campus into Hull.

Yes there is. Just check the octranspo travel planner. I don't think the Upass works for STO though. So the Bus fare you pay will pretty much cost you what you saved on your quebec beer.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON

Beyond piece-of-crap depanneurs, there really aren't a lot of places in downtown Hull that are good for picking up beer. You could go to the Maxi at the corner of Saint-Joseph and Montclair - probably the cheapest beer among grocery stores. From Rideau Street take STO routes 31, 33, 36, 37, or 38. Fare is $3.40.

For plain, good ol' booze there's a small SAQ store in downtown Hull at the corner of Promenade du Portage and Rue Laval. I'm pretty sure you can just stand on Rideau Street and take whatever bus shows up first and it'll take you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad