Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Can we delete the posts from the idiot "fans" of this team who don't appear to have ever been to a game. Our fans are louder than 85% of the league. Clearly some of you have never been to another arena to see a game.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
lol I actually thought it out. I was going to say 90% but i don't think we are top 3, we are definitely in top 5 or 6 though, maybe 80% would be more accurate.

Have you been to every arena in the NHL? With a meter?

In all seriousness, I've only ever been to one other (The Shark Tank) and it was far louder than any regular season game I've attended in Ottawa and that was against the Coyotes. For the record, I've been to maybe 60 regular season games in Ottawa which is not a lot compared to some of you but it's definitely enough to know that we aren't very loud in general. The playoffs are a different story however.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

I haven't been to all the rinks I've been to 12 of the 30 and the only one that was louder than us was MTL. From what I've seen on TV Minnesota is rocking, the sharks I would tend to agree with you. Buffalo is loud but I've been to two games one they were loud (it was against us) the other was against Carolina and it was dead. Detroit used to rock, but since they aren't as full as they used to be It doesn't seem they are as loud as they used to be. Chicago was dead when I went, but now with a better team they are probably louder, but I don't know if they are louder than us.

The teams I've been to see are Bruins, Montreal, Toronto, Panthers, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Rangers, New Jersey, LA, Phoenix, Buffalo and Washington.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The last game ive been to in Ottawa was 2003 ECF vs. the Devils. We lost, and I believe my boy BONK! had the only Sens goal. Im saving up vacation to go to a playoff game in Ottawa once again this year, unless its vs. someone near me, then it would probably be easier to be an away fan again.

Last time I went I stayed at a cheap hotel/motel near the arena, a Days Inn or something? Only there for 1 night too and did a 8.5 hour road trip from MSU to Ottawa, then had to come back the next day. Hopefully next time im out these playoffs im going to stay for a couple of days to check out more stuff.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Awesome, I edited those into the first post.

Cheers. :) Oh, and for technicality's sake, the Kanata/West Ottawa Hotel link only refers to the first page of the search.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Hi guys,

Coming up to Ottawa in November for a game and staying downtown at the Novotel Hotel.

Thanks for the links, but I have a question that wasn't answered in there. My question is...are there any bars/pubs that offer a bus to travel to SBP or is Public Transportation the only way there?

Thanks for your help.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Hi guys,

Coming up to Ottawa in November for a game and staying downtown at the Novotel Hotel.

Thanks for the links, but I have a question that wasn't answered in there. My question is...are there any bars/pubs that offer a bus to travel to SBP or is Public Transportation the only way there?

Thanks for your help.

novotel's a great place to stay. Rideau center is right across the street and you should be able to grab a direct bus from there to the game. Not sure about bars in the market area, i know they organize rides when you buy tickets from them (ie, go as a group from the bar).

Great thing is you'll be right by the market if you want to go out after getting back from the game.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the help guys.

Me and a buddy are coming up and we weren't sure if we were close to a bus stop that would take us to the game. We heard there are dedicated bus lanes which make traffic a bit easier to the arena if you take the bus.

One more quick question: We have noticed that there are a few bars inside SBP (including Marshy's). My question is....would you recommend going there to one of the bars at the SBP before the game? Is it a good atmosphere? Or would you suggest staying downtown in the market area near the Novotel for a bite to eat and a few pints before the game?

Thanks again.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Planning a trip.

Im planning on comming up to see the Montreal game on January the 17th and I had a couple of questions, what is the cheapest way to buy tickets from a distance (phone or website) and I noticed that they limit gold games to 4 tickets per purchase and I will need 5-7 (waiting to hear back from 2 ppl) is there a good way to buy tickets so they are all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->