Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Quick question. The Devils adopted a paperless ticket policy which is really annoying.

I have printed out Ticketmaster tickets for the game against NJ next Sat. Do you guys have any ticket policies I should know about? Or does the piece of paper get me in as always? Thanks!

Ronjames

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Anyone else get this?

Come see the Sens with special student pricing!!

Wednesday, December 14th vs San Jose – 7:30pm
Saturday, December 17th vs New Jersey – 7:00 pm
And
Thursday, December 22nd vs Anaheim – 7:30 pm

1st level seats - $60
2nd level seats - $40
3rd level seats - $25

Please note – when you go online it will show the “value†of the seats – when you select the tickets – your special price will populate!

Please remember to use Google Chrome as you browser for the following link and promo code to work:

www.ottawasenators.com/STUDENTEXTRA

Promo Code - STUDENTEXTRA

$60 for first row (any section) is pretty damn good

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Quick question. The Devils adopted a paperless ticket policy which is really annoying.

I have printed out Ticketmaster tickets for the game against NJ next Sat. Do you guys have any ticket policies I should know about? Or does the piece of paper get me in as always? Thanks!
You'll be fine with a printed ticket.

westsideconnect

Oct 20, 2007
Hey guys,

I have 4 tickets to the Sens/Jets game in February but the tickets are in pairs and not really close together at all. 4 of us are going but we'd really like to sit together so I'm wondering what the best approach is to try and make this happen.

2 of the seats are in 475A (the Molson club section way up top I believe) and the other two are down in section 101 Row N.

Do you think I'm likely to find anybody down near my seats that would want to trade and move up to the box seats or vice versa? And is there a chance people do this online before or do I just hope for the best at the rink?

biffs

Jan 9, 2008
www.failrun.com
www.failrun.com
Hey folks I have some tickets for sale for tomorrow night against the Devils. Section 310, row M and up. Face value is $56, make me an offer on as many as you want. Hockey fundraiser, didn't sell all of our tickets yet.

Thanks

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
4 tix to the Jan 24th game against Washington

It's a fundraiser, so face value is $56 each but I'm taking best offers.

Section 324
Row N

4 tickets are together, but I can break them into pairs as well.

Thanks

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just wanted to pop in and say I enjoyed my trip to the CTC and Ottawa in general. Byward Market is pretty cool. We had dinner at the Keg Friday night since it was right across the street from the hotel and it was ungodly cold outside... also because it got good Yelp reviews. We weren't disappointed. Then we had some drinks at Sens House next door.

Saturday just walked around the market... bought some souvenirs. We went to the Highlander for lunch and then had a Beaver Tail (apple cinnamon). Had some maple bacon poutine at the arena for dinner as well as some Korean chicken tacos from Chek Point.

Sunday the drive back to Jersey was awful because of the snow. The 416 was a mess. It took about 8 hours.

All in all it was a successful weekend. Ottawa is a cool little city and every single person we spoke to was as friendly as possible... That's a good stereotype for you Canadians haha. I didn't get heckled once. The worst my fiance got for wearing a Devils jersey was Spartacat sneaking up behind her and making fun of her and shaking his head.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Hey all,

My wife and two of our friends are going to be visiting Ottawa March 16-March 20 and were wondering what website/ticket exchange you would recommend. We are looking to spend around $170 American each for the best seats possible. I think we want to go to the Montreal game, but know getting tickets in our price range may be hard.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Fiasco

Jul 3, 2009
I didn't notice a separate thread for this... anyone know what time the Alfredsson jersey retirement ceremony will start? I can't find anything about it on the Sens' website. Game is at 8.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
I'm coming with 3 friends to Saturday's game against the Capitals. What is the best Website to buy tickets for home games? Should I wait to the last minute? Thank you.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'm coming with 3 friends to Saturday's game against the Capitals. What is the best Website to buy tickets for home games? Should I wait to the last minute? Thank you.

The best site is probably Stubhub. Idk when the best time to purchase is though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anyone notice that prices on Sens tickets seem "fixed" this season on Stubhub?

Maybe this has to do with the change to ticketmaster. Maybe the Sens themselves are the ones putting tickets on there. But in past years, it seemed like there was a competitive marketplace on Stubhub. People would compete to slash prices 24 hours before a game. Generally, I'd be able to get tickets in the 10-20 CAD range.

This year, it seems like there is almost no movement on ticket prices. They might change by a buck or two, but even leading up to the game, almost all seem to stick at the same price. Is there a reason for this? It seems like too drastic of a change just to be a coincidence considering the Sens changed to ticket master this season.

Not complaining about price, but I am just curious about why the market is acting so much different than in past seasons. Makes it seem like it is fixed in some way. Maybe season ticket holders aren't allowed to sell the tickets on Stubhub below a certain price point now or something, I'm not sure.

Hammer030303

Jan 6, 2017
Farmingdale, NY
Hi Senator fans!

My husband and I will be visiting your lovely city next month for the Islanders/Senators game, and I was hoping you folks could give me some pointers on various subjects.

1. We are big craft beer people, IPAs/Double IPAs being our favorites. There seem to be a lot of breweries in the area, are they any that you would specifically recommend we try?

2. Are there any areas in the city that we should avoid visiting/staying? And areas that you would specifically recommend?

3. We will be driving up on Friday and were planning on staying near the arena, as the game is at 1PM. There do seem to be hotels around there, but are the bars, restaurants, etc as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City

Maybe this has to do with the change to ticketmaster. Maybe the Sens themselves are the ones putting tickets on there. But in past years, it seemed like there was a competitive marketplace on Stubhub. People would compete to slash prices 24 hours before a game. Generally, I'd be able to get tickets in the 10-20 CAD range.

This year, it seems like there is almost no movement on ticket prices. They might change by a buck or two, but even leading up to the game, almost all seem to stick at the same price. Is there a reason for this? It seems like too drastic of a change just to be a coincidence considering the Sens changed to ticket master this season.

Not complaining about price, but I am just curious about why the market is acting so much different than in past seasons. Makes it seem like it is fixed in some way. Maybe season ticket holders aren't allowed to sell the tickets on Stubhub below a certain price point now or something, I'm not sure.

Try Tickpick.com. I got my tickets for tomorrow's game there. Less fees and you can bid on tickets at a lower price!

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
Looking for a pair of tickets for tonight's game vs Washington. In town from Saskatchewan and got tickets for tomorrow's game vs Edmonton but wouldn't mind checking out anther one. If anyone has a pair of seats that they are not using for tonight please text me as I will gladly take them off your hands. Looking a free pair. Text me at 1-306-715-6785

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

You can still find the odd deal from panic sellers. However, there is no longer a large supply on cheap tickets the day of the game. I suspect the Sens want to stop people waiting for the last day to buy tickets. Teams or their brokers do list on Stubhub from what I have heard.

Note that on the official ticketmaster resale site there are floors for ticket prices. I can understand as you do not want to train people to wait for the day of the game to buy cheap seats. This is reason why hotels will never sell their inventory really cheap at the last minute. It also upsets season tickets holders who end up not getting the best deal on tickets.

It is usually good to reward season ticket holders and people who buy tickets early with cheap prices. They have been doing that this year as for certain games prices have been increasing closer to the game.

boboradice

Jan 8, 2007
Binghamton
We will be up for that game as well, I cant answer anything about the craft brew questions, but we always stay downtown in the Byward Market area. There are some good restaurants and bars throughout. We usually stay at the Marriot Courtyard, however I've also stayed at the Westin and Les Suites. There is quite a bit to do in that area, just dress warm.
Its quite a way from the arena but the buses run about an hour or so prior to game time and go right there and back.

Hi Senator fans!

My husband and I will be visiting your lovely city next month for the Islanders/Senators game, and I was hoping you folks could give me some pointers on various subjects.

1. We are big craft beer people, IPAs/Double IPAs being our favorites. There seem to be a lot of breweries in the area, are they any that you would specifically recommend we try?

2. Are there any areas in the city that we should avoid visiting/staying? And areas that you would specifically recommend?

3. We will be driving up on Friday and were planning on staying near the arena, as the game is at 1PM. There do seem to be hotels around there, but are the bars, restaurants, etc as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully someone can answer before tonight but where do the players enter the arena? Is this a good place to try and grab a few autographs or does everyone arrive via coach?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Hopefully someone can answer before tonight but where do the players enter the arena? Is this a good place to try and grab a few autographs or does everyone arrive via coach?

They go in via the backside, where the loading docks are. It is a sealed off area though, they don't allow people down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad