Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Thanks for the replies. Really love micro breweries so that I will definitely check out.
Since it is my first (hopefully not last) NHL game and visit to Canada, I wanted to get up close to the action and it looks like the seats will work great for this.

Yeah, I noticed after ordering plane tickets and game tickets i missed the winterlude... super bummed out, because we have nothing comparable here.

But hey! I am going to the home of hockey, and will do just fine in different bars seeing games (at decent hours) without having to cry myself awake to go to work after staying up all night :D

I will absolutely check out some of the museums, and generally roam the town to see as much as possible, while at the same time have mandated stops at the watering holes around town :)

What is the best way to get to the arena, I stay at Alt hotel (in downtown?) slater street.
buss, taxi or uber?

Also, I have a friend with me who wants to go to Tanger mall, is it easy to get to the stadium from there? Because then I can get it done on the same day. (and will get points for brilliant planning)

There is no shortage of Microbreweries in the Ottawa region. There are even a few in the market area (Lowertown Brewery, Clocktower Brew Pub and Waller St Brewery). If you are indeed a huge fan of craft beer, and have the time to spare, there is a company called Brew Donkey that organizes brewery tours of the region. I can also suggest the Lansdowne area which would be a short UBER from your Hotel. Craft Beer Market there has about 120 beers on draught, including many from the Ottawa region.

Looks like you are staying the "Business District" of Ottawa. From there you can easily walk to Elgin St. which is hub for bars and restaurants. You can take a cheap Uber to the Byward Market (more bars and restaurants).

In terms of Tangers, it is maybe a 15-20 min walk from Canadian Tire Center. It is not far, you are talking a 2 min drive. Keep in mind though that from your Hotel, you are looking at a 15-20 min drive without traffic.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Updated list of Sens tickets I've got for sale!

Can accept e-transfers or paypal and transfer you the tickets via Ticketmaster. Can also offer a better price on multiple purchases.

Price is per pair AND each pair includes a parking pass for lot 5, 6 or 9.

Tuesday Nov 1 - Carolina - 319 Row A: $100
Thursday Nov 3 - Vancouver - 319 Row A: $120
Saturday Nov 5 - Buffalo - 319 Row A: $110
Sunday Nov 13 - Minnesota - 319 Row A: $130
Thursday Nov 17 - Nashville 318 Row A: $120
Thursday Nov 17 - Nashville 319 Row H: $65
Tuesday Nov 29 - Buffalo - 319 Row A: $120
Wednesday Dec 14 - San Jose - 319 Row A: $120
Wednesday Dec 14 - San Jose - 328 Row A: $120
Saturday Dec 17 - New Jersey - 319 Row A: $130

Feel free to message me if you're looking for any other games! Can obtain any bronze/silver game not listed for the same prices seen above.

Last edited:

Awesomeakel

Feb 16, 2016
Again, thanks for the information.

I will probably not have a car, so will be lots of taxi and uber.
However, if I do decide to go dogsledding in the outskirt, then I will just rent a car for the day.

I can survive 15-20 minutes of Taxi/uber to the arena :)

Yeah, really prefer micro breweries when I go out, because there you can actually talk to people, and the beer is just so much more of a treat I think.
So I will definitely go to the Lansdowne area and check it out.
A tour sounds like a fun way of experiencing more of the local breweries.
Hockey, great beer and hopefully some good food and treats.
This will be best trip ever!

Now I just hope we wins the game I will attend. :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm still extremely pissed that you can't buy a single ticket for Dec. 29th. I don't want a stupid 3-game pack.

Sens are struggling to sell single tickets this year, I'm not surprised in the least they are using this game to try and pick up sagging sales elsewhere.

I have no issues with them limiting sales on this game to multiple-ticket buyers. It's a special, unique game, and this policy essentially keeps the tickets in the hands of the local fans who are prepared to make or have already made a financial commitment to the team. Rewards the local STH base for their loyalty.

If fans want a single ticket, there are still ways to get them. StubHub has them.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Sens are struggling to sell single tickets this year, I'm not surprised in the least they are using this game to try and pick up sagging sales elsewhere.

I have no issues with them limiting sales on this game to multiple-ticket buyers. It's a special, unique game, and this policy essentially keeps the tickets in the hands of the local fans who are prepared to make or have already made a financial commitment to the team. Rewards the local STH base for their loyalty.

If fans want a single ticket, there are still ways to get them. StubHub has them.

Yeah, but for out of towners like me it sucks. Stubhub is probably going to be quite expensive for this game.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Yeah, but for out of towners like me it sucks. Stubhub is probably going to be quite expensive for this game.

SSH were allowed to purchase up to 4 extra tickets. However, the price is $130 and up. They had price points at $75 dollars, but they seem to be sold out. Lower bowl goes for $220 and up.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Stubhub sucks with the ****** Canadian dollar and their fees not being included. 13$USD ticket looks good but turned into 21.50 with fees which is 28.60 Canadian which is more expensive than the "all-in" for 25.50 from the team website (you have to pay an extra 3.50 order processing fee).

Does anyone know if the Sens will release any discount codes if attendance keeps slumping? I know in the past there'd sometimes be promo codes like ASBM1, anything like that available?

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I've got 4 tickets for sat game against Buffalo section 201 row A seats 9-12.
Selling all 4 or none. Will sell for $320

Jepockn

Dec 12, 2010
Regina, SK
Hey there,

Look for 2 Tickets to the following games: (Looking to spend 75 or less for each ticket)

- Dec 1 game VS Philadelphia. Preferably 200 level and Row A.

- Dec 3 game VS Florida. 100 level

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Stubhub sucks with the ****** Canadian dollar and their fees not being included. 13$USD ticket looks good but turned into 21.50 with fees which is 28.60 Canadian which is more expensive than the "all-in" for 25.50 from the team website (you have to pay an extra 3.50 order processing fee).

Does anyone know if the Sens will release any discount codes if attendance keeps slumping? I know in the past there'd sometimes be promo codes like ASBM1, anything like that available?

To be honest, and I know money doesn't grow on trees, but 30$ for an nhl game sounds quite cheap. It's a bit different since I only visit the area for a few days every 2 years or so, so 30$ is a joke compared the travel costs I bear to get there, but I imagine it would be really hard to find a 30$ ticket to almost every other rink north of Carolina.

To be honest I'll sell those tickets for less if people will use them.

If you mean the Alfy game?!?! I'll use them, I'll use them, I'll use them!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me, please.

Edit: Oops skipped your last message, never mind. I'll still use Alfy tickets if anyone wants to get rid of some.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I'm still extremely pissed that you can't buy a single ticket for Dec. 29th. I don't want a stupid 3-game pack.

Are they selling them in 3 game packs now? I thought it was 8 game minimum... granted that's not cheap, but at 3 games I could maybe go to 2 while I'm in town and find a taker for the last one.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So my fiance and I will be up there for the Devils game on Dec 17. If any of you guys want to kidnap us and keep us in Canada, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
You can now get tickets to the Alfie game in the special Christmas 2-game packs

SpykeYs

Nov 24, 2016
Hey Guys,

I have the following tickets for sale:

Dec 3rd - Florida Panthers - 211 Row A - 85$ each

These are my season seats tickets but I cannot go to that game.

Thanks

SpykeYs

Nov 24, 2016
For those trying to secure tickets to Alfie game in December... I am a SSH and I am entitled to 6 tickets to that game.

I will not be going, but if I can help anyone secure tickets for that game please let me know. Lots of seats are still available but the game is very expensive. (107.50$ to 287.50$ per tickets)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Really impressed. Went to a game tonight and their were zero Offspring songs. Lots of restraint exercised by the Sens DJ.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Sitting 5th row center - how are my sightlines gonna be???

I've only ever sat in the 300's :)

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
When you buy from the Canadian Tire Centre directly, does anyone know if the fees are the same online, over the phone, and in person, or is there one way that is cheaper? Fees were like $15/ticket for the event I'm looking at.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I believe since it's all through ticketmaster now it's the same regardless.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I believe since it's all through ticketmaster now it's the same regardless.

Greasy. Just be up front with it instead of hiding everything.

Ticket Price: 25.00
Facility Charge: 3.00
Service Fee: 7.65
Plus then on the next screen, 3.00 more added on.

At any rate, thanks for the help!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Sitting 5th row center - how are my sightlines gonna be???

I've only ever sat in the 300's :)
They'll be decent. You may need to look up at the jumbotron to see the action in the corners on your side of the ice. Other than that should be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad