Visiting Minnesota? Everything you need to know here!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Flights and hotel now booked. Found a hotel near the Xcel Energy Center (Intercontinental) , plus some dude from the Wild customer service will notify me when tickets for the games go on sale.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. That bike rental sounds interesting.

It's super easy. Check out the website when you get a chance: https://www.niceridemn.org/pricing/

Basically, the bikes are hooked up to these little stations and you "unlock" the bike with your credit card. And they're all over the damn place, so you don't really have to worry about not being able to find one.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Flights and hotel now booked. Found a hotel near the Xcel Energy Center (Intercontinental) , plus some dude from the Wild customer service will notify me when tickets for the games go on sale.
Be sure to stop at Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub before the game for a great hockey atmosphere from a true hockey bar!

Thanks guys. I'm planning on being there to see the Jets @ Wild game on Oct 31st. I hope I can get tickets :laugh:

We'll be staying in the Twin Cities area, hopefully close to the X.
Oi vay! You chose one of the more challenging tickets to get! Winnipeg fans usually come down in numbers for those games and tend to snatch up the available seats quick! You're going to have to be quick on the gun to get tickets for that game.

If unable to get tickets yourself though, you can always check out the ticket exchange later.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Be sure to stop at Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub before the game for a great hockey atmosphere from a true hockey bar!

Oi vay! You chose one of the more challenging tickets to get! Winnipeg fans usually come down in numbers for those games and tend to snatch up the available seats quick! You're going to have to be quick on the gun to get tickets for that game.

If unable to get tickets yourself though, you can always check out the ticket exchange later.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely stop by the Hockey City Pub before the game.

How fast are the tickets to Jets games usually sold out? I mean, minutes, hours, days?

It's super easy. Check out the website when you get a chance: https://www.niceridemn.org/pricing/

Basically, the bikes are hooked up to these little stations and you "unlock" the bike with your credit card. And they're all over the damn place, so you don't really have to worry about not being able to find one.

Thanks, I'll check that out. :)

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
What's the deal with StubHub?

I was looking for tickets online and StubHub already has tickets on sale for the Jets game. Even the Wild employee I emailed said the tickets aren't on sale yet.

E: Apparently StubHub is legit. Found great seats in there, I might just buy them.

E2: Got two tickets on the lower level.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely stop by the Hockey City Pub before the game.

How fast are the tickets to Jets games usually sold out? I mean, minutes, hours, days?

Most games are minutes, but the Jets ones are fewer minutes than the rest besides the Hawks and Stars etc.

What's the deal with StubHub?

I was looking for tickets online and StubHub already has tickets on sale for the Jets game. Even the Wild employee I emailed said the tickets aren't on sale yet.

E: Apparently StubHub is legit. Found great seats in there, I might just buy them.

E2: Got two tickets on the lower level.
My guess is they are from season ticket accounts... BUT - StubHub can't guarantee you aren't getting illegitimate tickets. Only ticketmaster can guarantee the ticket is good, which is why there is risk with places like StubHub and Ticket King.

I'd have waited for single game sales, and if missed out there, go to the ticket exchange - which is also ticketmaster, where you buy directly from the seat owners, but guaranteed by ticketmaster.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Most games are minutes, but the Jets ones are fewer minutes than the rest besides the Hawks and Stars etc.

Well, I'm glad I got tickets via StubHub in that case. :laugh:

I bought the tickets via StubHub as they guarantee the tickets they sell.

Get valid tickets to any event or your money back.
We go out of our way to find replacement tickets if there is an issue with your order.
A full refund if your event is cancelled and not rescheduled.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, I'm glad I got tickets via StubHub in that case. :laugh:

I bought the tickets via StubHub as they guarantee the tickets they sell.

They guarantee as in they will try to make up for it if you show up at the gate and it turns out you have been a victim of fraud, but at that point you AND they will be scrambling.

Only Ticketmaster can guarantee the ticket you purchased is ABSOLUTELY legitimate, without any issues.

The ticket exchange via ticketmaster is a GREAT source of tickets for games that get sold out quick, as season ticket holders post their tickets there constantly. Tickets for most every game can be found there.

Not saying you will absolutely be a victim of fraud through StubHub... I've purchased tickets for other events from them in the past myself even... just saying there is a level of risk with that which doesn't exist when using ticketmaster either on straight single game purchase, or later on the ticket exchange.

I personally haven't had a problem, but I do know more than one person who's been screwed over. Yes, they try to scramble to get you tickets etc, but it's such a headache to deal with when you're at the gate, ready and trying to get into the building and then you find out your tickets are fake and need to get on the phone to get the issue resolved in time.

That's the difference between the ticketmaster guarantee and the StubHub guarantee.

Ticketmaster, you are absolutely 100% sure you have valid tickets.

Stubhub, you probably have valid tickets, and StubHub swears that you do... but it's possible you don't and thus will have to go through the following hoops...

If tickets are invalid and are not honored by the venue:

In the event the Buyer encounters any problems at the venue, the
Buyer is encouraged to call StubHub Customer Service immediately at
1.866.StubHub (1.866.788.2482) for assistance. If the Buyer contacts
StubHub from the venue at the time of the event, StubHub will attempt to
locate comparable replacement tickets for the buyer. If replacement
tickets cannot be found, or if the Buyer was not able to contact StubHub
before the event, StubHub will provide the Buyer with a prepaid FedEx
shipping label to use in returning the tickets to StubHub along with a
Ticket Return Form. Upon confirmation by the venue that the tickets were
invalid, StubHub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the
tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
A note on Tom Reids: if you go, go early. I've tried on two separate occasions to go there before a game. Both times we've walked in, seen how packed it was, and said "Uuhh, no" and turned around and walked out :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Thanks guys!

Habs games tickets aren't usually sold out, right?

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I've used StubHub multiple times and haven't been scammed yet. One thing I absolutely recommend you pay attention to, though: for whatever reason, there are multiple different formats of tickets on the site, and you have to pay attention to what you're looking at before buying. For instance, I had gotten so used to the fact that they *usually* include a digital version of all tickets that I didn't pay attention last season when I bought tickets to a game, and lo and behold, they HAD to be printed out. Naturally, it was the weekend, so I couldn't do it at work. I have no idea why sometimes they'll work off your phone and other times they wont, but it's just something to keep an eye out for.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I've used StubHub multiple times and haven't been scammed yet. One thing I absolutely recommend you pay attention to, though: for whatever reason, there are multiple different formats of tickets on the site, and you have to pay attention to what you're looking at before buying. For instance, I had gotten so used to the fact that they *usually* include a digital version of all tickets that I didn't pay attention last season when I bought tickets to a game, and lo and behold, they HAD to be printed out. Naturally, it was the weekend, so I couldn't do it at work. I have no idea why sometimes they'll work off your phone and other times they wont, but it's just something to keep an eye out for.

I have electronic tickets AFAIK, so I think they need to be printed out. It's fine actually, as the data roaming charges in the US are really expensive :laugh:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I have electronic tickets AFAIK, so I think they need to be printed out. It's fine actually, as the data roaming charges in the US are really expensive :laugh:

Well that's what I mean: make sure you double check (and then check again!) if there is some bizarre reason they won't accept a specific format of your ticket at the gate. The last thing you want to do is show up with your ticket all printed out and they pull some **** where they don't let you in because it had to be digital (or vice versa). Like I say, just make sure you verify :thumbu:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Any recommendations on good travel quide books and/or websites about Minneapolis and St. Paul?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Any recommendations on good travel quide books and/or websites about Minneapolis and St. Paul?

There's a Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine that comes out with tons on lists for the best things in the Twin Cities. (best bars, best restaurants, best steak, best bars with a view, best Korean food, etc, etc, etc)

http://mspmag.com

It's a good site for planning a trip!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
There's a Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine that comes out with tons on lists for the best things in the Twin Cities. (best bars, best restaurants, best steak, best bars with a view, best Korean food, etc, etc, etc)

http://mspmag.com

It's a good site for planning a trip!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Got tickets to the Habs game as well, this time from Ticketmaster. **** yes.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
A note on Tom Reids: if you go, go early. I've tried on two separate occasions to go there before a game. Both times we've walked in, seen how packed it was, and said "Uuhh, no" and turned around and walked out :laugh:
Yeah just go to Cossetta's across the street from the X. Best italian food in the twin cities

Reactions: Lapa

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is Duluth worth a visit? For like a day trip.
I always enjoy it... I usually do it as a day trip myself.

Usually stop at Duluth as I go all the way up to Grand Marais and back on a day trip... some great sites along the North Shore and some good hiking too. Though I know most people don't look at Grand Marais as a day trip like I do... :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Is Duluth worth a visit? For like a day trip.
I love Duluth in the summer time. In the late fall/winter I think it loses a bit of its appeal. It can get REAL cold with the wind off the lake.

If the weather is nice I love going up to Duluth and up the north shore of Lake Superior. Plenty of cool little breweries and other places to stop.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I always enjoy it... I usually do it as a day trip myself.

Usually stop at Duluth as I go all the way up to Grand Marais and back on a day trip... some great sites along the North Shore and some good hiking too. Though I know most people don't look at Grand Marais as a day trip like I do... :laugh:

I love Duluth in the summer time. In the late fall/winter I think it loses a bit of its appeal. It can get REAL cold with the wind off the lake.

If the weather is nice I love going up to Duluth and up the north shore of Lake Superior. Plenty of cool little breweries and other places to stop.

Thanks! We're planning to make a day trip to another city, outside the Twin Cities. We considered Chicago etc., but it's a reaaaaally long drive for a day trip. Duluth sounds like an interesting place to visit.

Are there some other cities in Minnesota worth visiting?

Reactions: Minnesota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad