OT: Visiting Denver

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I haven't spent any time in Arvada in the last 8 years. Is it as bad as I remember it being?

Strip mall, after strip mall, after strip mall... ugly.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Ha, yes, Aurora is in fact pretty meh, but it's cheap.

The general rule of thumb is to stay west of I25 with the exception of Cap Hill and Cherry Creek areas.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
I haven't spent any time in Arvada in the last 8 years. Is it as bad as I remember it being?

Strip mall, after strip mall, after strip mall... ugly.

There is a section of arvada like that still, but old town arvada is like any other old town area. Lots of super cool places to eat, tons of bars, a handful of really good breweries, and 2 super good ice cream shops.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want to thank all of you Denver/Rockies folks for a good time.

Estes Park - Check (Amazing) 3 days
Boulder - Check (was alright, a bit uptight) 3 hrs
Red Rock - Check (There was a concert that night, wasn't able to go into amphitheater
since 3hrs before it they close it off. Bummer. Also amazing) 3hrs
Denver Zoo - check (kids)

My want to do but not enough time/was too far, Glenwood Caverns (Glenwood Springs) and the Alpine Coaster.

You all are blessed.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Lakewood is pretty big so there is some variation of quality and commuting from the western suburbs is a *****. Wadsworth is a purgatory of poorly timed traffic lights.

Cherry Creek is closer to downtown so will be more expensive.

Kipling is the best kept secret in the southwest suburbs I think.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I've got a ton of friends moving to golden lately. They're loving it there. But they are more homebuyers than renters.

If I was a renter I'd get close to the city or on the light rail vs the suburbs. I'm assuming if you're renting that you're younger, and all the younger people live as close to the city as they can (typically).

If you're just out of college you're going to not be very satisfied living 30 minutes outside of downtown. Most of the suburbs in Denver are family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad