OT: Visiting Denver

TheDangerBowen

Highway to
Jul 4, 2011
CO
So far we've been up and down 16th Street a bunch of times :laugh:. Kind of trapped downtown because that's where we are staying and without a car. However we've still managed to do some awesome things we've gone to the Capital Building and went to the 13th step, going to tour the U.S. Mint tommorow, tour of the Pepsi Center was great (walking by the Nuggets part of the place and Wilson Chandler waved to us!) and spend a good hour shopping in the apparel store! Ate at Sams #3 Diner and Hard Rock Cafe which were great places. The Protein Bar is also an awesome healthy place. Feels like I'm an outsider with my Avs apparel on. :laugh: Definitely like getting a feel for the place and really hoping to move here after college.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Visiting Denver - Red Rocks Question

Hi. I'll be visiting Denver next week and am planning on going to Red Rocks. Was looking for some
Input on the best place section to sit in for a show, thanks!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Can't go wrong with any seat in that house.

Granted I'm older so I always go reserved seating. But seriously you will love the concert no matter what.

Closer is better for music, farther back is better for the view.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
What's the show? I agree it doesn't really matter, just depends how close you want to be. I'd say arrive early unless you don't mind parking far away.

Yonder Mnt/Govt Mule. I think I'll be taking a shuttle bus from downtown, so if someone has a Rec there id appreciate it. I'd rather have a better overall view than be close to the stage. Thanks again.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Hi. I'll be visiting Denver next week and am planning on going to Red Rocks. Was looking for some
Input on the best place section to sit in for a show, thanks!

Seating is pretty simple just row 1-70 or whatever number of rows. Middle seats are maybe 40-50. Where to sit is much more a you preference. How close do you want to be basically is the only question. I usually arrive late to GA shows and end up in the back anyway but that's just because I don't care. My friend is a music head and has to be in the front few rows

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Yonder Mnt/Govt Mule. I think I'll be taking a shuttle bus from downtown, so if someone has a Rec there id appreciate it. I'd rather have a better overall view than be close to the stage. Thanks again.

The only view to consider I suppose is downtown Denver. But the sun is usually down around show time so that's only for a bit. You want see downtown in The first 15 rows or so. Just he stage. I suppose also further back you see more of the rocks on the side

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Closer to the stage is better, IMO. The view of the rocks is cooler from down there, and all you have to do is turn around.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I sit on the edge of one of those "tree squares" every time I go now, regardless of where my seat is. **** the seats. Since I exercise there one or two early mornings every week, I've scoped out the 3-4 ones that are the best. :nod:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My biggest suggestion... pre game. Beer isn't cheap there!

I like to sit close personally, but there really isn't a bad seat there.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My biggest suggestion... pre game. Beer isn't cheap there!

I like to sit close personally, but there really isn't a bad seat there.
Seconded.

Jealous. That should be an excellent show!

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I sit on the edge of one of those "tree squares" every time I go now, regardless of where my seat is. **** the seats. Since I exercise there one or two early mornings every week, I've scoped out the 3-4 ones that are the best. :nod:

Hell yeah love the tree squares haha

TheDangerBowen

Highway to
Jul 4, 2011
CO
Hey friends,

Moving to Denver a week from tommorow and just some quick questions to ask...

I have been scoping out apartments and I am narrowing down to either Cherry Creek area or Lakewood. Trying to stay affordable is there any more hot take suggestions?

So far I have living arrangements set up and I will be waiting for my girlfriend to follow me shortly after before I get an apartment.. still looking for jobs for her and I was thinking maybe looking for a waitressing job as that might be the quickest and easiest way to get her out there. Can't beat that tip money.;)

Any other helpful hints/ tricks errbody? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hey friends,

I have been scoping out apartments and I am narrowing down to either Cherry Creek area or Lakewood.

Lakewood is pretty big so there is some variation of quality and commuting from the western suburbs is a *****. Wadsworth is a purgatory of poorly timed traffic lights.

Cherry Creek is closer to downtown so will be more expensive.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Short term lease, just in case you wind up in an area that's a bad fit.

I'm also a fan of planning your living arrangement around your work situation. Being a California native, I've become fairly allergic to any form of a commute. I currently walk to work, and in my next place I'll be a short bus ride. Not sure if this is a big consideration for you as well, but Denver's transit system is pretty terrific for a mid-sized city.

If you like Cherry Creek, take a look at Glendale. It's right next door, and it always struck me as being a bit more "rental friendly" than CC, which in turn I imagine would mean average costs are less. It's also a separate city from Denver (despite being smack dab in the middle of Denver's city limits), so that may have an impact on integrated pass-down costs like taxes (or it may not... I haven't looked into it enough).

Why would you choose either place? I'm not sure they could be more different.
The Sloan's Lake area is getting gentrified (errr "up and coming"), so I could see how certain areas of Lakewood or CC would appeal to a youngish couple on the move.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
Hey friends,

I have been scoping out apartments and I am narrowing down to either Cherry Creek area or Lakewood. Trying to stay affordable is there any more hot take suggestions?

So far I have living arrangements set up and I will be waiting for my girlfriend to follow me shortly after before I get an apartment.. still looking for jobs for her and I was thinking maybe looking for a waitressing job as that might be the quickest and easiest way to get her out there. Can't beat that tip money.;)

I live in lakewood and think it's great. We have easy access to 6th Ave, and are minutes from I-70. 15 minutes from old town arvada and the highlands for lots of restaurant and bar options. 20-30 minutes to downtown and old town littleton.

Im also looking at buying a house in the near future, and for me, the search grid is 58th on the north border, hampden on the south border, sheridan on the east border, and the foothills on the western border.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If you like Cherry Creek, take a look at Glendale. It's right next door, and it always struck me as being a bit more "rental friendly" than CC, which in turn I imagine would mean average costs are less. It's also a separate city from Denver (despite being smack dab in the middle of Denver's city limits), so that may have an impact on integrated pass-down costs like taxes (or it may not... I haven't looked into it enough).

You're burying the lead on Glendale.:naughty:

But yeah property tax is slow because of that ADDITIONAL source of sales tax.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Cherry Creek for affordability? Not sure about that. If you want affordable, Aurora, Northglenn or Lakewood are solid options. If you want city, it's going to be much tougher. What is your monthly rent budget?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->