OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Greetings Boston Fans. Pens fan here coming in peace.

I am visiting Boston for the first time this week. I am flying in Wednesday late afternoon and headed on a cruise Friday. I am looking for some local advice about a few things. I'll be staying at the Boston Omni Parker House Hotel, which I have been told is a pretty good location for things. Is the easiest way to get there from the airport by cab? Is there places close by to my hotel that you can recommend to eat, with possibly somewhere I can watch the Pens game Wednesday? I added an extra day in to hopefully see some of Boston. I love history so I am wanting to see the USS Constitution and possibly the Freedom Trail. Any suggestions on how or what to avoid would be greatly appreciated. It will just be me, I'm leaving for a well deserved vacation to celebrate my birthday and a divorce from a terrible marriage. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks and I hope you guys beat the Leafs!

Can’t say who’ll have Pittsburgh on, I imagine it’ll be on everywhere (I don’t think Boston has any games for the 3 sports.) if you’re looking for a sports bar close to the hotel, the beantown pub isn’t a bad option. It’s like 1 minute walk from omni

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Can’t say who’ll have Pittsburgh on, I imagine it’ll be on everywhere (I don’t think Boston has any games for the 3 sports.) if you’re looking for a sports bar close to the hotel, the beantown pub isn’t a bad option. It’s like 1 minute walk from omni
Thanks for the tip. I saw that one when I was looking at a map of what was around.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
For a divey bar they also have really good food.

Note I said divey, not dive. If you want a real dive go to the Tam.
Good food is what I’m looking for. I think I’ll pass on the dive part. There’s enough of that where I’m from.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Good food is what I’m looking for. I think I’ll pass on the dive part. There’s enough of that where I’m from.

I don’t know of too many sports bars in the downtown area that aren’t a little divey. Beantown pub is divey in the sense that there is billiards there. For a non dive sports bar outside of like the fours or something you’d have to venture to another neighborhood I think. Whiskeys by the prudential center I wouldn’t classify as a dive. Haven’t been there in like 5 years though. I only know my neighborhood, so if you want to go 20 minutes on the red line the harp and bard in Dorchester would qualify as a non dive-sports bar. They’ll probably have the pens on. Food is pretty good (comparable to beantown pub), not a bar I’d travel to though, pretty unremarkable.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I don’t know of too many sports bars in the downtown area that aren’t a little divey. Beantown pub is divey in the sense that there is billiards there. For a non dive sports bar outside of like the fours or something you’d have to venture to another neighborhood I think. Whiskeys by the prudential center I wouldn’t classify as a dive. Haven’t been there in like 5 years though. I only know my neighborhood, so if you want to go 20 minutes on the red line the harp and bard in Dorchester would qualify as a non dive-sports bar. They’ll probably have the pens on. Food is pretty good (comparable to beantown pub), not a bar I’d travel to though, pretty unremarkable.
Thanks. I’ll probaly try Beantown. Depending how restless I am from flying and the weather, I might not want to sit and watch the game. The more I look at what’s around history wise the more I want to check out.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Wow, this will be outstanding!
weg-e1524761016506.jpg

A giant Wegmans, attached to the Natick Mall in Massachusetts, opens Sunday
Two-story Wegmans with a tequila bar to open in Massachusetts

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Ola amigos. My pops and I are headed to town for game 4. Has any ever parked near Sullivan Square in the patriot parking and taken the T to the garden? Is it a nightmare to get to the garden from there? We're trying to avoid the hour long wait we experienced trying to get out of the garden garage after the last game we went to.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ola amigos. My pops and I are headed to town for game 4. Has any ever parked near Sullivan Square in the patriot parking and taken the T to the garden? Is it a nightmare to get to the garden from there? We're trying to avoid the hour long wait we experienced trying to get out of the garden garage after the last game we went to.

Only 2 stops to the Garden - @Ladyfan parks around there and maybe she could offer advice.

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

member 157595

You're welcome! Now if we can help you root for the right team...:thumbu:
On a related note, I'm a Leafs fan that has lived in the Boston area for the better part of a decade now and no one has ever given me any grief when I wear Leafs gear here. I get curious looks and sometimes people are interested why, but no one has ever been a jerk to me about it. Granted, I don't wear the stuff to sports bars or Bruins games, but still. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sullivan Square has some construction going on so there are less parking spots but there is also parking across the street for $6.

It's only 2 stops to the Garden. Get on the train marked Forest Hills.

It's easy . Plus getting out is quicker than parking in Boston.

See you there !

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Sullivan Square has some construction going on so there are less parking spots but there is also parking across the street for $6.

It's only 2 stops to the Garden. Get on the train marked Forest Hills.

It's easy . Plus getting out is quicker than parking in Boston.

See you there !
Thanks a million! Can't wait!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Garden. No 's'. Gardens is where the Leafs sucked for a long time before sucking at their new place. :naughty:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As a bruins fan living in London ontario I want to attend a game at TD Gardens. I want to make it a priority next season.

I live in Burlington and have been to Boston for 1 or 2 games five of the last seven years. You will love it . awesome city and great atmosphere at the TD Gardens. I also often go to Boston in Buffalo, Toronto and one playoff game in Ottawa but you just can't beat the thrill of the home game for me. Make sure you hold yourself to it if possible.

p.s = Go Bulldogs

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Not sure if this is the BEST place to post this but here it is.

I visit Boston and the NE area frequently due to friends that like when I go to Sox and Bruins games with them. Also because I like New Hampshire. But I recently got the 2016 WC B's jersey. It's blank and I was wondering where to go if I wanted to get this customized, if there is a good option locally. So, is Custom Crafted still the customizer of the Bruins, and am I able to work with them directly? If not, anyone know of a good alternative?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Not sure if this is the BEST place to post this but here it is.

I visit Boston and the NE area frequently due to friends that like when I go to Sox and Bruins games with them. Also because I like New Hampshire. But I recently got the 2016 WC B's jersey. It's blank and I was wondering where to go if I wanted to get this customized, if there is a good option locally. So, is Custom Crafted still the customizer of the Bruins, and am I able to work with them directly? If not, anyone know of a good alternative?

There was a thread in here about jerseys sometime within the past year, and I recall Custom Crafted being mentioned as the official place where the Bruins actually get their nameplates etc. done. Not sure if that's accurate or not - I also have to imagine that they've got facilities in the Garden to workshop some of their own stuff - I'm 99% sure they heat transfer their own rally towels, because I got some toasty ones once. I think someone here had a jersey done by them, so I assume they're not totally commercial. They don't seem to have much of a web presence, and no Yelp reviews, but there's a phone number here which may or may not work...I'd call and ask:

Custom Crafted Enterprises - Attleboro, MA

I don't know if you'd have to take the jersey there, or if they'd do mail-ins. They're about 90 minutes south of the Garden - don't know where your friends are located, so it may be closer or farther than that if you staying with/near them.

As far as other options, I had an "A" patched onto my Reebok Bergeron jersey (bought from Fanatics a couple of years ago) right at the Garden's Pro Shop. Looks fine, and I think it was just around $10 - nameplates/numbers would be more, naturally. I took it in about 10 minutes before warmups, and it was ready when warmups were done.

All that said, I noticed that it's a 2016 WC jersey. That customization might be a little more difficult. I imagine Custom Crafted would be the better option - I don't even know if the Garden's Pro Shop would still have the right letters.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
There was a thread in here about jerseys sometime within the past year, and I recall Custom Crafted being mentioned as the official place where the Bruins actually get their nameplates etc. done. Not sure if that's accurate or not - I also have to imagine that they've got facilities in the Garden to workshop some of their own stuff - I'm 99% sure they heat transfer their own rally towels, because I got some toasty ones once. I think someone here had a jersey done by them, so I assume they're not totally commercial. They don't seem to have much of a web presence, and no Yelp reviews, but there's a phone number here which may or may not work...I'd call and ask:

Custom Crafted Enterprises - Attleboro, MA

I don't know if you'd have to take the jersey there, or if they'd do mail-ins. They're about 90 minutes south of the Garden - don't know where your friends are located, so it may be closer or farther than that if you staying with/near them.

As far as other options, I had an "A" patched onto my Reebok Bergeron jersey (bought from Fanatics a couple of years ago) right at the Garden's Pro Shop. Looks fine, and I think it was just around $10 - nameplates/numbers would be more, naturally. I took it in about 10 minutes before warmups, and it was ready when warmups were done.

All that said, I noticed that it's a 2016 WC jersey. That customization might be a little more difficult. I imagine Custom Crafted would be the better option - I don't even know if the Garden's Pro Shop would still have the right letters.
That's what I was thinking because of the felt type of letters and numbers, as well as the font& coupled with the fact that they aren't made anymore/Adidas taking over.

I'll give them a call and then if that doesn't work I might just mail it to Exclusive Pro to see if they would do it. I am having a hell of a time finding the kits to do those jerseys though and don't want to get it wrong since this has been a jersey I've been trying to get for a while. Figure it would be a nice one to attend game with (Go to like 10 or so per season) so hopefully I can get an answer from them. I just don't really put much faith into local places here for it due to the seemingly hard to find kits for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad