OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hey Bruins fans! leafs fan coming in peace.

I was just wondering, if the leafs do play the bruins in the first round, do you guys have any idea what a pair of tickets up in the nosebleeds would cost? In Toronto, a pair would be a minimum $1000. Ive always wanted to go to Boston and it looks like an awesome place and atmosphere to see a game.

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

@Fenway

I would guess $350-400 US is where the market will land - A lot depends on what day of the week the games are as a weekend will be higher.

3 airlines fly Boston/Toronto - Air Canada, Porter and Westjet.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I would guess $350-400 US is where the market will land - A lot depends on what day of the week the games are as a weekend will be higher.

3 airlines fly Boston/Toronto - Air Canada, Porter and Westjet.

I would most likely drive just to save some cost and make it a nice 3 day trip or something. Is there anything you would recommend in terms of attractions? any must sees?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: Alicat

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hey Bruins fans! leafs fan coming in peace.

I was just wondering, if the leafs do play the bruins in the first round, do you guys have any idea what a pair of tickets up in the nosebleeds would cost? In Toronto, a pair would be a minimum $1000. Ive always wanted to go to Boston and it looks like an awesome place and atmosphere to see a game.

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

@Fenway

Holy...$1000 for a pair? No wonder Leafs tickets are always so expensive on the secondary market. You're all coming down here and buying the tickets! My dad used to do the reverse - he'd drive up to Toronto to catch Red Sox@Blue Jays games because it was cheaper.

Pricing really depends on when you buy the ticket, the day of the week, the round, the game number, and the series scoreboard. Last year for the Senators series, I paid $105 per ticket for the cheapest ticket I could find to the first home game (game 3 of the series on a Monday), and I bought it a little over a week before the game. I don't recall seeing any big dips after I bought it. Leafs should command a bigger price - O6 rivlary, 4-1 revenge, and Austonmania.

If the Bruins get home ice, the series won't start until Thursday 4/12 at the earliest, thanks to P!nk and the Celtics. Last year, playoffs started Wednesday/Thursday, but if any series would be delayed to Friday, it would be the Bruins, thanks to our extended regular season. You could gamble and buy a $144+fee (probably ~$180 total) per ticket on StubHub now for "Game 1", but you don't know the day or the opponent, so you might be stuck with a Bruins/Lightning weekday game.

As far as seat quality, I wouldn't worry a whole lot. I've been in row 15 in the balcony on the end, and still felt I had a good view of the action, but that's just my opinion. I've seen college hockey two rows behind the bench, and the seats were actually worse, because all I could see was the players' heads and the coach's rear. Balcony seats have a good slope to them - you've got a good climb, but that gives you a good view.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy...$1000 for a pair? No wonder Leafs tickets are always so expensive on the secondary market. You're all coming down here and buying the tickets! My dad used to do the reverse - he'd drive up to Toronto to catch Red Sox@Blue Jays games because it was cheaper.

Pricing really depends on when you buy the ticket, the day of the week, the round, the game number, and the series scoreboard. Last year for the Senators series, I paid $105 per ticket for the cheapest ticket I could find to the first home game (game 3 of the series on a Monday), and I bought it a little over a week before the game. I don't recall seeing any big dips after I bought it. Leafs should command a bigger price - O6 rivlary, 4-1 revenge, and Austonmania.

If the Bruins get home ice, the series won't start until Thursday 4/12 at the earliest, thanks to P!nk and the Celtics. Last year, playoffs started Wednesday/Thursday, but if any series would be delayed to Friday, it would be the Bruins, thanks to our extended regular season. You could gamble and buy a $144+fee (probably ~$180 total) per ticket on StubHub now for "Game 1", but you don't know the day or the opponent, so you might be stuck with a Bruins/Lightning weekday game.

As far as seat quality, I wouldn't worry a whole lot. I've been in row 15 in the balcony on the end, and still felt I had a good view of the action, but that's just my opinion. I've seen college hockey two rows behind the bench, and the seats were actually worse, because all I could see was the players' heads and the coach's rear. Balcony seats have a good slope to them - you've got a good climb, but that gives you a good view.

Awesome, thank you so much for the info! As long as I have a clear view of the ice, I’ll be happy and I’m sure the atmosphere will be insane. Plus, I kind of want to see Rene Rancourt haha

Reactions: Kovi and talkinaway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I would most likely drive just to save some cost and make it a nice 3 day trip or something. Is there anything you would recommend in terms of attractions? any must sees?
They have a trolley tour that allows you to travel around the city to various historic sites and you can get on and off to explore the area.

They stop in Copley Place, Charlestown (Old Ironsides), Faneuil Hall and more.

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston...MI9f3HqYbL2QIVSrXACh3C_AZoEAAYASAAEgJIXPD_BwE

If you’re into history, the old State House has tours that take you on the Freedom Trail.

The only issue you may have is if the playoffs coincide with the Marathon (April 16). The city is crowded and prices for hotels and attractions go through through the roof.

Reactions: Kovi

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Got a question about backpacks...I will be flying in to attend a game and surprise some people, and I am coming straight from the airport to the Garden. I will have a backpack, but obviously they are not allowed in. Is there anywhere I can leave it during the game? I was thinking of asking a nearby hotel if they could hold it until after the game. Any suggestions?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Got a question about backpacks...I will be flying in to attend a game and surprise some people, and I am coming straight from the airport to the Garden. I will have a backpack, but obviously they are not allowed in. Is there anywhere I can leave it during the game? I was thinking of asking a nearby hotel if they could hold it until after the game. Any suggestions?

Sullivan's Tap. It's right across the street from the Garden.

My friend and I grabbed a bite to eat at The Fours (a restaurant nearby) about three years ago, and we were going to head to the game. We'd been hanging out for awhile, and luckily right as we left I noticed he had a big-ass backpack. Now, I love this friend, and he's honestly a bright guy 99% of the time, but he can be a bit of a spazz at times. He thought he could take his bag into the Garden. Luckily, I knew to zip in there. I think it was about $10. Cash only.

(This is the same friend who, a few months later, I'd invite to a Celtics game in April using a basketball emoji...after the Bruins had been eliminated either two or three years ago. Bless his heart, he showed up in a Rask jersey and was ready for hockey.)

I honestly would be hesitant to leave a laptop or iPad at Sullivans...but clothes? Sure, why not.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

My friend and I grabbed a bite to eat at The Fours (a restaurant nearby) about three years ago, and we were going to head to the game. We'd been hanging out for awhile, and luckily right as we left I noticed he had a big-ass backpack. Now, I love this friend, and he's honestly a bright guy 99% of the time, but he can be a bit of a spazz at times. He thought he could take his bag into the Garden. Luckily, I knew to zip in there. I think it was about $10. Cash only.

(This is the same friend who, a few months later, I'd invite to a Celtics game in April using a basketball emoji...after the Bruins had been eliminated either two or three years ago. Bless his heart, he showed up in a Rask jersey and was ready for hockey.)

I honestly would be hesitant to leave a laptop or iPad at Sullivans...but clothes? Sure, why not.
I buried my iPad (locked via password and fingerprint) in my bag and wrapped it up in clothes when I went after work recently.

They don’t open your bags and they store them downstairs away from people. If your super concerned you can always put a tsa lock on it.

Maybe I’m naive but I’ve never had a reason not to trust anyone who works there.

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Should not have a problem. If any employee was caught stealing at Sullivan's they better hope the police find them first.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Hey guys, my father and I are both taking in our 1st Bruins game vs TBL on the 29th. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for parking, and where we might be able to grab a quick bite before the game.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Hey guys, my father and I are both taking in our 1st Bruins game vs TBL on the 29th. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for parking, and where we might be able to grab a quick bite before the game.

Parking:

Do not park in the Garden Garage or the Government Center Garage unless you like paying $48 or $35 to park. All these places I suggest are a 10 minute walk or maybe a little more if you are a slow walker.

Charlestown
Nautica Garage - $13 enter after 5:00pm. Enter before 5:00pm is still $13 but you will have to surrender your game ticket when exiting
Constitution Center - $15 with game day ticket. Not sure if you have to go in after 5:00pm or can enter before 5:00pm. Tends to back up when exiting after a game so not my favorite parking place. Nautica Garage is on the other end of the street and much easier exiting after the game.

Boston
Museum Of Science - $10 after 5:00pm
100 Cambridge Street - $12 after 5:00pm

Food:
For food it depends on what you want and how early you can arrive at the busier places. I'll leave it to you to look up addresses and info. They all are busy on a game day with probable long waits for tables if you do not get in by 5:00pm which complicates things when most night garage rates start after 5:00pm.

Ward 8 - good food and cocktails. A little pricey for entrees but they take reservations so no worries about getting a table. Most entrees are over $20 but they have decent burger and chicken sandwiches for under $20. A 5:30 reservation will get you out in time for the game. Because you can make a reservation I would make this one of your top choices.

Causeway Restaurant

Ducali - Web site says no reservations on event nights but I have made reservations in the past. May want to call to ask.

The Fours

Boston Beer Works

Hurricane O'Reilleys

These places are quick service that you will be able to get into on a game night. Not very exciting places but the food is not terrible.
Qdoba

Tasty Burger

One other thing many people swear by Halftime pizza but I don't like it there so personal preference I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: TorontLoL 67

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kill two birds. Park in Charlestown "99" Restaurant parking lot. It's free, good selection of food and drinks. And, you get a free van ride to Boston Garden and return. Can't go wrong. And th e food is very good.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Kill two birds. Park in Charlestown "99" Restaurant parking lot. It's free, good selection of food and drinks. And, you get a free van ride to Boston Garden and return. Can't go wrong. And th e food is very good.
Wow cannot go wrong there. Will definitely look into this! Thanks guys!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I thought that the Charlestown 99 stopped doing the Bruins shuttle. May want to call the restaurant to ask about it.

OK their web site shows that the shuttle is Monday thru Friday so maybe what I heard is that they stopped the shuttle for weekend games? Still might want to call restaurant to confirm.

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
I thought that the Charlestown 99 stopped doing the Bruins shuttle. May want to call the restaurant to ask about it.

OK their web site shows that the shuttle is Monday thru Friday so maybe what I heard is that they stopped the shuttle for weekend games? Still might want to call restaurant to confirm.
I'll have to call to confirm. Pretty excited to see my first B's game. Only been to the garden once to see the Celtics. Should be a good time! Thanks again!

Reactions: sooshii

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Parking:

Do not park in the Garden Garage or the Government Center Garage unless you like paying $48 or $35 to park. All these places I suggest are a 10 minute walk or maybe a little more if you are a slow walker.

Charlestown
Nautica Garage - $13 enter after 5:00pm. Enter before 5:00pm is still $13 but you will have to surrender your game ticket when exiting
Constitution Center - $15 with game day ticket. Not sure if you have to go in after 5:00pm or can enter before 5:00pm. Tends to back up when exiting after a game so not my favorite parking place. Nautica Garage is on the other end of the street and much easier exiting after the game.

Boston
Museum Of Science - $10 after 5:00pm
100 Cambridge Street - $12 after 5:00pm

Food:
For food it depends on what you want and how early you can arrive at the busier places. I'll leave it to you to look up addresses and info. They all are busy on a game day with probable long waits for tables if you do not get in by 5:00pm which complicates things when most night garage rates start after 5:00pm.

Ward 8 - good food and cocktails. A little pricey for entrees but they take reservations so no worries about getting a table. Most entrees are over $20 but they have decent burger and chicken sandwiches for under $20. A 5:30 reservation will get you out in time for the game. Because you can make a reservation I would make this one of your top choices.

Causeway Restaurant

Ducali - Web site says no reservations on event nights but I have made reservations in the past. May want to call to ask.

The Fours

Boston Beer Works

Hurricane O'Reilleys

These places are quick service that you will be able to get into on a game night. Not very exciting places but the food is not terrible.
Qdoba

Tasty Burger

One other thing many people swear by Halftime pizza but I don't like it there so personal preference I guess.
Halftime has gone downhill recently. used to be my go-to, but I've started heading to the Fours instead.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
My brother in law and I are flying from Vancouver Bc and headed to a Red Sox game in June . Apparently the Dropkick Murphys own a few pubs/bars in the city ? Are those worth trying , trying to avoid the tourist area pubs and go where the locals like to hang out , especially if it has a decent craft beer list . Thanks . Go Sox . Our hotel is very close to the market so distance does not really matter at this time . Maybe even Cambridge?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My brother in law and I are flying from Vancouver Bc and headed to a Red Sox game in June . Apparently the Dropkick Murphys own a few pubs/bars in the city ? Are those worth trying , trying to avoid the tourist area pubs and go where the locals like to hang out , especially if it has a decent craft beer list . Thanks . Go Sox . Our hotel is very close to the market so distance does not really matter at this time . Maybe even Cambridge?

McGreevy's Boston

Doesn't get any more local than me and I go there :D

Ask one of the managers to see a Red Sox ring and they will let you try it on.

22195592_10210363786793355_9087163844249393531_n.jpg

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Greetings Boston Fans. Pens fan here coming in peace.

I am visiting Boston for the first time this week. I am flying in Wednesday late afternoon and headed on a cruise Friday. I am looking for some local advice about a few things. I'll be staying at the Boston Omni Parker House Hotel, which I have been told is a pretty good location for things. Is the easiest way to get there from the airport by cab? Is there places close by to my hotel that you can recommend to eat, with possibly somewhere I can watch the Pens game Wednesday? I added an extra day in to hopefully see some of Boston. I love history so I am wanting to see the USS Constitution and possibly the Freedom Trail. Any suggestions on how or what to avoid would be greatly appreciated. It will just be me, I'm leaving for a well deserved vacation to celebrate my birthday and a divorce from a terrible marriage. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks and I hope you guys beat the Leafs!

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I am visiting Boston for the first time this week. I am flying in Wednesday late afternoon and headed on a cruise Friday. I am looking for some local advice about a few things. I'll be staying at the Boston Omni Parker House Hotel, which I have been told is a pretty good location for things. Is the easiest way to get there from the airport by cab? Is there places close by to my hotel that you can recommend to eat, with possibly somewhere I can watch the Pens game Wednesday? I added an extra day in to hopefully see some of Boston. I love history so I am wanting to see the USS Constitution and possibly the Freedom Trail. Any suggestions on how or what to avoid would be greatly appreciated. It will just be me, I'm leaving for a well deserved vacation to celebrate my birthday and a divorce from a terrible marriage. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Parker House is old downtown and I would recommend taking the Green Line to North Station to watch the Pens game at numerous locations near TD Garden.

The reality is the Bruins don't play again until Thursday and the Red Sox are out west so you should find the Pens game anywhere.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Save the cab fare for a blackjack session. Take the Blue Line (MBTA) from the Airport station four stops to Government Center. You're only one block from the Parker House, south on Cambridge Street.

The Omni Parker House is a lovely, historic hotel. Home of Parker House rolls. I think Boston Cream pie was developed there. Lots of history right around the hotel. Kings Chapel right across the street.

Fifty yards south on Cambridge St. is Granary Burial Ground near Park Street church. John Hancock, Samuel Adams and Robert Paine, signers of the Declaration of Independence, are buried there. Stop by and say hello.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad