Virtanen, Demko new top prospects in Vancouver Canucks Fall 2014 Top 20

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Canucks Army list is just so much better. Surprised there isnt a thread about it TBH.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Can someone please explain how Jeremie Blaine is tied for Vancouvers top rated defence prospect?

It's Blain in the Comets program. He only played the last 6 games of last season for the Comets. Truly a very small sample. However, during those six games he was the best defenseman on the ice.

Someone posted on the Comets site that he had performed similarly the previous season in Chicago and that poster wondered how he wasn't given an AHL shot at the beginning of last season.

Thus, it does appear the 22-year old has some talent. Let's see if he sticks in Utica and then reevaluate him on his merits this season. If the Comets send him down to the Zoo again, he either performs very badly in preseason camps, shines for brief moments and then fades, or somebody somewhere has made a decision no matter how well he plays, he's out.

I for one am very interested in how this plays out.

HockeyHobo73

Oct 3, 2013
Larenzo Jensen needs to be replaced with someone who actually is familiar with the Canucks.

Mistakes:
1) Virtanen should be a 8.0C
2) Demko ranked 5 spots too high
3) Demko should be a 8.0C
4) Horvat should be a 7.5B
5) Tryamkin is like 10 spots too high (I dont even know how anyone could rank him above guys like Shinkaruk, Jensen, Mccaan, etc... Makes absolutely no sense at all)
6) They changed Jensen from a 7.5C to a 7.5D? imo he is better not worse
7) Also, it is curious how letter grades were only moved down and not up (especially for guys like Vey who should be a B now)
8) McCaan should be a 7.5C (not 7.0C) and he is ranked too low
9) Corrado ranked WAY too low. He is ranked so low that it cannot be justified that whoever did the rankings has good judgement. Also, Corrado should be a 7.5B no 7.0D. He is much more ready to step into the NHL than last year.
10) Hutton is ranked like 8 spots too low and should be a 7.5C (not a 6.5C). Hutton had a terrific season last year and was named to Hockey Easts first all star team, and the guy who wrote the article drops him four spots in the rankings and has him at #16?

I really hope the HockeyFutures staff takes into consideration all of our complaints towards Larenzo Jensen covering the Canucks, and finds ANYONE else to take over.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Larenzo Jensen needs to be replaced with someone who actually is familiar with the Canucks.

Mistakes:

I really hope the HockeyFutures staff takes into consideration all of our complaints towards Larenzo Jensen covering the Canucks, and finds ANYONE else to take over.

as far as i know, everythng is wrong in this article. you have to write the same length as the article if u want to point out all of it :sarcasm:
i just pm'd all the Hf staff to do something about it
i suggest the rest of u to do the same if u want a change...

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I find all the indignant outrage pretty amusing...its one person's opinion about Canuck prospects. Who cares how out of whack it is? Does it really effect anything? Write your own articles if you don't like this one.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
So? Don't read it.

I ignore it myself however to be fair as a site that purports to track and assess prospects, I think it is fair to criticism when the content appears to be poorly researched. The "well why don't you wite one yourself instead of complaining" doesn't really follow since many posters check HF for their "expertise" which is supposedly higher than our own. It's like complaining that FaceBook sucks and being told to go build your own social networking platform. Criticism should be allowed.

But I do agree, best thing to do with their entire rankings system is to ignore it and just enjoy the message boards.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I ignore it myself however to be fair as a site that purports to track and assess prospects, I think it is fair to criticism when the content appears to be poorly researched. The "well why don't you wite one yourself instead of complaining" doesn't really follow since many posters check HF for their "expertise" which is supposedly higher than our own. It's like complaining that FaceBook sucks and being told to go build your own social networking platform. Criticism should be allowed.

But I do agree, best thing to do with their entire rankings system is to ignore it and just enjoy the message boards.

Criticism is fine, I don't think its a great list (or grading system) either...I just don't see why people seem to take it so personally that they feel the need to try and get the author removed...just find another source for information.

Also, I don't believe I'm speaking to a bunch of posters who are looking for an expert opinion, I think they are mostly looking to have their own lists confirmed, or to whine when they aren't.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
My list any better?

Virtanen - 8.0C
Horvat - 7.5B
Shinkaruk - 8.0D
Jensen - 7.5C
McCann - 7.5C
Demko - 8.0D (Goalies are hard to predict)
Corrado - 7.0C
Vey - 7.0C
Gaunce - 7.0C
Cassels - 7.0C
Hutton - 7.0C
Tryamkin - 7.5D
Fox - 7.0D
Subban - 7.0D

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I find all the indignant outrage pretty amusing...its one person's opinion about Canuck prospects. Who cares how out of whack it is? Does it really effect anything? Write your own articles if you don't like this one.
It is more than just opinion in the Pronman style.

Context.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Criticism is fine, I don't think its a great list (or grading system) either...I just don't see why people seem to take it so personally that they feel the need to try and get the author removed...just find another source for information.

Also, I don't believe I'm speaking to a bunch of posters who are looking for an expert opinion, I think they are mostly looking to have their own lists confirmed, or to whine when they aren't.

I agree a bit with you in the last part, however when a 3rd round pick who was passed over in 2 prev drafts is ranked 5 spots ahead of a 1st rounder from the same draft? I'd say any criticism is absolutely warranted, as there is absolutely no way anyone can justify using rational or informed thinking to come up with such a position.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

Most of the criticism against the article seems to be fairly rational and not at all of the hysterical kind to which you seem to be implying.

"just don't read it" is a fine suggestion for a thread topic one doesn't like or agree with, but when it's a work produced by these boards I think the feed back adds some actual value to the site. Demanding a bit of "excellence" (a stretch here for sure) from a writer of a hockey site with this level of exposure seems reasonable to me.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
*Note to writer

put down the pipe and back away slowly :sarcasm:

How the hell in everything holy is Demko a head of Horvat?
how the hell in everything holy is Tryamkin a head of Shinkaruk?
How the hell in everything holy is Vey a head of McCann?

Sorry I think whomever made that list is either waaaay too much of a homer or just as now clue

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Here is my Top 15 list. Tell me what you guys think?

1. Jake Virtanen
2. Bo Horvat
3. Hunter Shinkaruk
4. Nicklas Jensen
6. Brendan Gaunce
5. Jared Mccann
7. Ben Hutton
8. Frankie Corrado
9. Linden Vey
10. Dane Fox
11. Thatcher Demko
12. Nikita Tryamkin
13. Cole Cassels
14 .Ronalds Kenins
15. Jordon Subban

Thoughts?

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Here is my Top 15 list. Tell me what you guys think?

1. Jake Virtanen
2. Bo Horvat
3. Hunter Shinkaruk
4. Nicklas Jensen
6. Brendan Gaunce
5. Jared Mccann
7. Ben Hutton
8. Frankie Corrado
9. Linden Vey
10. Dane Fox
11. Thatcher Demko
12. Nikita Tryamkin