Vinny Lecavelier not at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe pass to Gretzky

Oct 30, 2014
No thanks, we can't take on salary and term. I'd rather just keep Vinny scratched until he retires. No doubt Clarkson is probably better though.

No way David Overated Clarkson... just a single season with 30 goals & a poor 47 points.... he's now a 14-16 goals season with 5 millions per year.

Vinny last year on the 3rd & 4th line had 20 goals. Even if i'm not happy with him. Still don't want CLARKSON . As a Philly fan

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
No way David Overated Clarkson... just a single season with 30 goals & a poor 47 points.... he's now a 14-16 goals season with 5 millions per year.

Vinny last year on the 3rd & 4th line had 20 goals. Even if i'm not happy with him. Still don't want CLARKSON . As a Philly fan

Nobody wants Clarkson period, not even a majority of leaf fans

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just think...as bad as he has been...he in on pace for 30 points. Not a good number for a scorer..but 30 points still put you as a top 90 C in scoring from last year.

He "might" be better in another system...who knows.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

For what it's worth, I believe Clarkson is on pace for around 25 goals last I checked. Should be able to finish in that 20 goal range.

But yeah, he's definitely completely overpaid.

Delicious Dangles*

Not sure how this has turned into a Leaf bashing thread, but...

The only player I've ever seen admit to not working out hard over the summer is Phil Kessel
This has never happened. Kessel works just as hard if not harder than other players.

Leafs have the luxury having media hype train to boost players value.
On the contrary, Toronto media takes all of our players and drives their value straight into the ground. Your GM just made a bad deal. Deal with it.

Nobody wants Clarkson period, not even a majority of leaf fans
While he is not and probably never will be worth his contract, he has been much better this year and fully deserves a 3rd line spot on the Leafs or any team. He has had a positive impact this year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not sure how this has turned into a Leaf bashing thread, but...

This has never happened. Kessel works just as hard if not harder than other players.

On the contrary, Toronto media takes all of our players and drives their value straight into the ground. Your GM just made a bad deal. Deal with it.

While he is not and probably never will be worth his contract, he has been much better this year and fully deserves a 3rd line spot on the Leafs or any team. He has had a positive impact this year.

How did you miss the part where I said, "and that's tongue in cheek."? Kessel joked with reporters early this season that he'd skated only a few times in the off-season, which is what I was referring to.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
GMs generally are optimists and think they can make things work, but I'd be surprised if someone trades for Lecavalier.

Vinny has more left than some think. He just doesn't fit in Berube's system.

he did score 20 goals last year playing largely out of position
someone will have some injuries etc and will get desperate...

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Garbo for garbo trade? Vinny for quincy

We'd be insane to do that. Q has been fine (this season) in a depth role. He's at least serviceable. He's playing, which is more than Vinny can say. Vinny being on the ice (anywhere) would make our team (not the Wings in particular - most teams) worse.

A couple Flyers fans touched on something I found really interesting - that he has no idea he's been playing poorly. Producing evidence that even Rinaldo was worse with him amazed me. Can you guys think of other players that thought they were at the top of their game AND playing well when the opposite was true. I feel usually players who have nothing left fool themselves into believing it's only a slump etc. - but I guessed they usually know they're not playing great...

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Hmmm... If not reporting to practice, if both parties agreed to it. (Flyers and Vinny.) Could this violate breach of Contract and hence it is now null and void? If that is the case, Vinny is now a free agent.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Remember the Clarkson vs Clowe debates?

Man there was a lot of yuck signed that offseason. lol.

WHEN and IF Clowe gets healthy, he's much better than Clarkson. I hate Clowe's contract, but man he's been very good for the Devils WHEN he plays.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
What year is this?

Edit: weird all the threads I could see were from 2014. No idea how that happened.

You musta sorted them by unseen or something? Or the world actually stopped in 2014, we’ve existed in an artificial digital realm since, and this is a glitch.

2021. I still haven't seen him at practice.

lol yup, hell of a thread to bump. Wonder when he’s back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad