Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Utter failure!!!!

How could you ever miss Umberger???

FWIW...Streit has been fine with us.

Vinny for Nikitin

I was responding to a poster who asked if there were any defensemen out there on BAD CONTRACTS that Philly could swap Vinny L for.

Not any bad defensemen, but defensemen in bad contracts.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
GMs generally are optimists and think they can make things work, but I'd be surprised if someone trades for Lecavalier.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Well Lecavalier has been *****ing to the media about being a healthy scratch, and also recently talked about his main reason for signing in Phili was to play for Laviolette and admitted that a trade last summer would have been invited. Something could definitely be up.

Lecavalier to Nashville. E5

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
clarkson to PHI

deal done.

I wouldn't mind that, even though Clarkson is playing better and on pace for 20 goals this year... I don't want him at that price for another 5. Rather have Vinny as an anchor for another 3, as long as he doesn't retire...

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No thanks, we can't take on salary and term. I'd rather just keep Vinny scratched until he retires. No doubt Clarkson is probably better though.

When he retires, isn't his contract still up against the Cap because of the 35+ rule?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Don't understand why players continue to sign in Philadelphia and ruin their careers.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Vinny is a bum. He should just retire already.

Source:

Not long after he was scratched, a report from TSN's Darren Dreger last week said "some think Lecavalier wants to retire after next season to focus on family" and he would be willing to leave $6 million on the table.

Yesterday, Lecavalier denied that claim and said he intends to honor his deal.

"No," Lecavalier said bluntly. "I'm 34, I'm not 40. I feel good on the ice. I feel like I did 5 years ago. All of the sudden, I'm a healthy scratch. It's frustrating. I know I have a lot in the tank. I know what I can provide on the ice, and I know what I bring off the ice with my teammates."

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Well to be fair the practicing doesn't seem to be helping his game all that much.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Don't understand why players continue to sign in Philadelphia and ruin their careers.

Yeah, name some who have? Lecavalier was clearly on the downside of his career, Umberger? Was he any good Pre-Flyers recently? Jagr did just fine, Streit is looking good. Simmonds, B.Schenn, Voracek ALL look really good. Pronger? Timmonen? MDZ and Streit look BETTER then they have in recent years,So I really have no ****ing clue who you are talking about... Bryzgalov??

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yeah, name some who have? Lecavalier was clearly on the downside of his career, Umberger? Was he any good Pre-Flyers recently? Jagr did just fine, Streit is looking good. Simmonds, B.Schenn, Voracek ALL look really good. So I really have no ****ing clue who you are talking about... Bryzgalov??

Schenn was a #1D stud that warranted JVR before the trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad