Recalled/Assigned: Vincour, Street and Agozzino recalled

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Perhaps Roy is more uncomfortable with Agozzino in an away game where he doesn't have last change. Carey is a safer defensive option.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
roy sure loves making boring moves. 26 year old 4th line plug over a younger more talented, former 1st rounder in hishon.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
roy sure loves making boring moves. 26 year old 4th line plug over a younger more talented, former 1st rounder in hishon.
Hishon's been terrible in the AHL this season.

I'm more surprised Rendulic or even Sgarbossa wasn't recalled.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Man people have so much love for a guy just based on his draft position. As of right now, Hishon is sitting at 2/4/6/-9 in 14. Agoz is at 3/5/8/0 in 14. Carey is at 4/5/9/-4 in 15. And Rendulic is at 4/1/5/-8 in 16.

Agoz and Carey make sense. Based on +/-, Agoz is the more reliable defensively. And Agoz had an assist yesterday. Yes, +/- is highly unreliable, but without matchup info, zone starts etc., how else do we tell. Which is why I am willing to concede that maybe Carey sees the top lines and Agoz is sheltered, and that explains the switch.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Man people have so much love for a guy just based on his draft position. As of right now, Hishon is sitting at 2/4/6/-9 in 14. Agoz is at 3/5/8/0 in 14. Carey is at 4/5/9/-4 in 15. And Rendulic is at 4/1/5/-8 in 16.

Agoz and Carey make sense. Based on +/-, Agoz is the more reliable defensively. And Agoz had an assist yesterday. Yes, +/- is highly unreliable, but without matchup info, zone starts etc., how else do we tell. Which is why I am willing to concede that maybe Carey sees the top lines and Agoz is sheltered, and that explains the switch.

The last thing Paul Carey is going to see is the top line. Roy pulled Carey out of the bottom 6 during playoffs for Hishon who was playing in his first full season since being knocked out in 2011. He probably is a bit more defensively reliable then Hishon and Rendulic which will be fine for Carey as he'll probably swap between the 3rd and 4th line depending on his play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You know who I want to see, Colin Smith. He's leading the team in scoring. Or Bourke or Henley. They want a real bottom line guy get someone who forechecks like a machine, that's Henley. Otherwise I don't really care which forward they call up to play 8 minutes.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
The last thing Paul Carey is going to see is the top line. Roy pulled Carey out of the bottom 6 during playoffs for Hishon who was playing in his first full season since being knocked out in 2011. He probably is a bit more defensively reliable then Hishon and Rendulic which will be fine for Carey as he'll probably swap between the 3rd and 4th line depending on his play.

I meant playing against the top line with the Monsters. Not playing on the top line...no no no. That would be Smith.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I kind of want to see Siemens. I was really keen on him staying the year in Lake Erie however I would not mind giving him a shot to see where he is NHL wise. We've seen Pickard, Aittokallio, Carey, Elliott, and Stollery all have a shot at the NHL to show us where they are. I kind of want to see how Siemens would do. Might provide a bit of a boost to our defense plus he looks like he's 39 years old.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Anyone see some of the goals Rendulic has scored for LE? True goal scorer type of shooting, which we need right now. Roy is being really weird with the call ups.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know what Roy's obsession with Carey is about, but it's getting a little old.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, doesn't bother me any. If you had to choose between giving Carey 10 minutes a night and Agozzino, you should probably pick Carey. He'll be gone after this season anyway, may as well see if he has any value whatsoever. Agozzino needs to play a top line role in Cleveland.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Eh, doesn't bother me any. If you had to choose between giving Carey 10 minutes a night and Agozzino, you should probably pick Carey. He'll be gone after this season anyway, may as well see if he has any value whatsoever.

I don't think they should play either one. They should play someone who has a shot at staying in the NHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think they should play either one. They should play someone who has a shot at staying in the NHL.

Well, a guy who has a shot at the NHL as a bottom six grinder or someone who has a shot as a top six player?

It's pretty clear Roy will do just about anything to avoid disrupting an AHL player's development time. I think he may even take it a bit too far sometimes, but I'm at least glad he's calling up a guy with decent wheels and hands and not some one-dimensional hitter.

Carey didn't really cost the team any games last season, though he wasn't much of a factor either way to be honest. I'll definitely take him over a guy like Brad Malone. I don't expect his time in the NHL will be all that long. I'd hardly call this an "obsession" though.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
He played him over Hishon for 15 games last year down the stretch and into the playoffs despite adding almost nothing to the team.

He's the new Jeff Shantz.

You realize that Hishon would've playing with guys like Malone and Bordeleau right?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Lake Erie Monsters ‏@monstershockey 37s37 seconds ago
Transaction: Andrew Agozzino, returned on loan from Colorado Paul Carey, recalled from loan by Colorado

Huh what? Someone explain this to me. What's the point of Carey?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He wouldn't have benched Carey in the playoffs if he was in love with him. Who knows if Roy will ever make a top 6 call up and play them there but (thank god) we are not in that situation (yet) so using forwards to eat 8 minutes a night isn't really an exciting proposition. It's funny to me everyone says our prospect pool is the worst in the league, Roy has basically said it without coming out and saying it but yet nobody understands why he's not calling up xyz. Roy is still trying to win games. Maybe at some point it will be time to see what guys have but it's still early. Agozzino and Carey are interchangeable, it doesn't really matter.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
He wouldn't have benched Carey in the playoffs if he was in love with him. Who knows if Roy will ever make a top 6 call up and play them there but (thank god) we are not in that situation (yet) so using forwards to eat 8 minutes a night isn't really an exciting proposition. It's funny to me everyone says our prospect pool is the worst in the league, Roy has basically said it without coming out and saying it but yet nobody understands why he's not calling up xyz. Roy is still trying to win games. Maybe at some point it will be time to see what guys have but it's still early. Agozzino and Carey are interchangeable, it doesn't really matter.
I just feel like Agozzino might have a future in the NHL. I like him. Carey is a career AHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad