Confirmed with Link: Vincent Trocheck signs $5.625 x 7

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
7 years for Trocheck...

It's Drury & Gomez day all over again.

Drury remembers getting overpaid, he figured why not, Trocheck is basically Drury 2.0.

Terrible. Gross.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
why are people treating this as an end of the world scenario? I wanted a flashy big name 2C as well but we just got the 2nd best C on the market at the same price you'd have to pay Copp and Ryan whiff the net Strome. It's a clear efficient upgrade and we can still go after a guy like Kane for a run next spring.

only con to this is the term, but remember Trocheck could've most likely gotten 6-7M easy if he had taken less years so I think it is a bit of a steal by Drury

Last edited:

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I like that Drury didn't get hosed in a c deal, but troch looked like shit against us for CAR. He better be better than what he showed in that series.

Uncool, would've rather had copper

Reactions: CLW and fm

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
re-posting it here... If this is what we get, we're gucci.

Trocheck under Turk... add the Panarin multiplier for xG/GF... he could be having career years

zdQQ9H8.png
his career best year was 31-44-75 so let's hope so!

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
I really like it. Upgrade over Strome, will actually help make the second line responsible in the playoffs, wins face offs, and will mostly likely put up similar or better numbers than Strome alongside panarin. If Chytil gets better and better, trochek can slot into 3C.

Reactions: egelband

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
fine with the player. For the love of God, please tell me there is no NTC or NMC. Other than that I'm just feeling a bit sweaty about the cap situation. How many young players do we lose because Troch got this AAV?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Perfect fit IMO.

A little heavy on the term but he'd have been looking at a 6m+ aav on a 5 year term I'd think. Stretch the term and worry about it later. I understand the cap issues going forward but we just need to get through the next two offseasons, cap will explode and we'll be good. For now the cap hit is totally fine, he'll probably exceed his caphit in on ice value considering he'll probably be playing with Panarin.

I hate that we have to analyze everything as if we're accountants first. Style-wise Trocheck is exactly what we were missing at 2C. He plays with pace, has good wheels, is a good forechecker, can play all situations, solid defensively, can win faceoffs.

As far as the player goes, this is a perfect fit.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
7 years for Trocheck...

It's Drury & Gomez day all over again.

Drury remembers getting overpaid, he figured why not, Trocheck is basically Drury 2.0.

Terrible. Gross.
I don't love this term, but these are not like things. Drury and Gomez signed for north of $7m per year when the salary cap was $50.3 million. Trocheck's deal is under $6m when the cap is $82.5m.

Trocheck is taking up less than half of the proportional cap space on our roster that Drury or Gomez were.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Upgrade over Strome and Copp. Best 2C the Rangers have had in a long time. I don’t love the term, but teams have shown time and time again there are ways to deal with poorly aged retirement contracts using LTIR.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In retrospect, trading for Copp was really dumb. It was a lot of assets to rent a winger when we needed a center.

Was Copp a difference maker in us advancing, versus keeping Lafreniere in the top six on a red hot line? Probably not. Could we have gotten a wing cheaper if we wanted a wing? Probably yes.

At the very least, we need better communication between front office and coach in the future. We clearly paid 2C price to get a RW.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I bet Sather was involved with this one, under him Rangers always had a Vinny or Vincent on the team.

I think Trochek is an upgrade over Strome/Copp because he is a lot more physical.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I would have preferred Malkin for 3 years BUT this shows Drury understands the assignment. I say that despite not liking Troschek deal past 3-4 years. Drury understands we still need much more toughness in our top 6, more inside the hashmark players, more faceoff wins and better defense. Still he was my 4th choice. I do not blame Drury. His hands are kind of tied by our cap. I do prefer him over Strome and Copp.

Reactions: gabevh3

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trocheck is a huge upgrade on Strome, stop worrying about the term. Just 1.1m more on the cap than Strome cost last season so the cap hit is fine. The term is a year or two too long but if he starts to tail off at the end of the deal the caphit is reasonable especially considering the cap is going to be up a few years into his deal.

We just signed a perfect fit as our 2C, after the season we just had and how many times we see teams get out of bad contracts - I'm not anything but excited. Trocheck brings so much of what we need and a 1-2-3 lineup of Mika-Trocheck-Chytil is excellent IMO.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kravtsov or even Othmann with Panarin and Trocheck would be a lot of fun

Reactions: McSauer

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Copp said he wanted to go home to Detroit and Vincent took less to get 1 or 2 more years.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
2 to 3 years too many.
He’s the type of player that can be moved after 4 years if need be, he’ll always be great on draws. The cap hit is what matters

Kravtsov or even Othmann with Panarin and Trocheck would be a lot of fun
Pretty sure they’re still fully invested in Kane here, at 50% they can bring him in still with panarin and trochek, do we need it? Probably not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad