Confirmed with Link: Vincent Trocheck signs $5.625 x 7

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
term is pretty long but also seems obvious to me that drury and a lot of GMs care less about term and figure they'll deal with shit down the road when they need to

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Sure. I just pray to god this organization has learned and that contract doesn't have NMC or NTC at the end...
it almost certainly does
players don't want to sign contracts that dont' give them some say in where they go if they're traded
it doesn't make it impossible to move someone though

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Was hoping the term kept the AAV down. Maybe it did. Yikes.

Significant upgrade on Strome in my opinion. Weakens the Canes. AAV hopefully not prohibitive in a couple of years when the cap goes up.

Reactions: Priorae

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I posted this in the other thread but it's blatantly clear that Drury thinks this team needs more players who play with a higher energy and are more tenacious in and around the puck. Trochek is definitely that. He will be the type of player who attacks the middle of the ice to create chances and creates chances off deflections. He will fill a role here that needs to be filled and he is a good defensive player as well which fits with Chytil and Zibanejad well. I like the signing. The term is a year longer than I thought but I need to see the clauses and structure

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I posted this in the other thread but it's blatantly clear that Drury thinks this team needs more players who play with a higher energy and are more tenacious in and around the puck. Trochek is definitely that. He will be the type of player who attacks the middle of the ice to create chances and creates chances off deflections. He will fill a role here that needs to be filled and he is a good defensive player as well which fits with Chytil and Zibanejad well. I like the signing. The term is a year longer than I thought but I need to see the clauses and structure
I personally think he is exactly what they need. Can push the pace forward to help back defenders up and buy Panarin some ice. Tenacious on the puck in the corners and in front of the net, again helps Panarin find room elsewhere on the ice. I like the fit.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
re-posting it here... If this is what we get, we're gucci.

Trocheck under Turk... add the Panarin multiplier for xG/GF... he could be having career years

zdQQ9H8.png

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah watching panarin and strome get pushed to the outside and then try to sling a pass across the ice over and over again was pretty tired
If trochek can help push back the D and threaten the center of the ice more then I think that helps get panarin back to playing more effective hockey

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Fine with Trochek, I think he’ll change the look of that second line in a positive way. Okay with the AAV… term is a bit rough, would have liked to see the AAV drop a bit at 7 years, but if he fits as well as he has the potential to on that line, it’ll be a very nice cap number for a good 2C.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
How the hell did we get to Rangers are hung up on term with Copp and Strome to Trocheck will probably come in at 3-5 years to 7 years being the final contract?
they probably like Trocheck better and were more willing to go longer term to get him
also I dont' think anyone realistically said Trocheck would only get 3-5 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad