Injury Report: Vincent Trocheck 11/19/2018, clean ankle break with no ligament damage, expected return mid February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Holy shit I just saw this for the first time. Best of luck to him, that’s awful what happened

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Some idiot ass Edmonton Oiler podcast guy tweeted out some insanely dumb ****. Petro's brother called him out asking to meet up in Edmonton for him to repeat it. For once, his brother is doing something I like.

Just found the tweet what a jackass. He thinks Trocheck deserves this injury because he’s a dirty rat. What a moron.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I have MS, and it's got progressively worse over the last five years. The bone marrow transplant is a new procedure they've developed here where they take your own stem cells, get rid of the bad Ms stem cells, grow the good ones and then put them back in your body. Before they can do that though they have to 100% wipe out my immune system with chemo. They think because of my age, 32, & the fact that I'm still walking and I never gave that up yet, and MS considering I'm healthy that I'll have good results. They've found 80% chance I'll stop progression, and 40% chance I'll start to get back to normal. And if I'm being honest there's a 3% chance I could die, but I don't like to think of that.
A week today I start Phase 2, which is the chemo part. So there in lies majority of the risk.

So I'll ask if you guys can think about me this next little while as it will be tough times for me.
Vancouver fan coming to check on Trochek, but gotta stop in to say good luck. My uncle has MS and it's awesome to see the progress being made on treatment! That sounds very promising

All the best buddy. Take care.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I have MS, and it's got progressively worse over the last five years. The bone marrow transplant is a new procedure they've developed here where they take your own stem cells, get rid of the bad Ms stem cells, grow the good ones and then put them back in your body. Before they can do that though they have to 100% wipe out my immune system with chemo. They think because of my age, 32, & the fact that I'm still walking and I never gave that up yet, and MS considering I'm healthy that I'll have good results. They've found 80% chance I'll stop progression, and 40% chance I'll start to get back to normal. And if I'm being honest there's a 3% chance I could die, but I don't like to think of that.
A week today I start Phase 2, which is the chemo part. So there in lies majority of the risk.

So I'll ask if you guys can think about me this next little while as it will be tough times for me.

Someone in my family went through that same procedure a couple of years ago (in Russia of all places). She basically fully recovered and feels like she is more or less perfectly healthy now. Good luck!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tallon said ankle fracture and could be back this season. (?)

I'm no doctor but I swear I've heard sometimes fractures are worse than a clean break?
I'd be surprised if there was no ligament damage in or around his knee?

Hopefully he's back in around mid to late March and can help the playoff push, that's 4 months away but I'll stay optimistic.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'm no doctor but I swear I've heard sometimes fractures are worse than a clean break?
I'd be surprised if there was no ligament damage in or around his knee?

Hopefully he's back in around mid to late March and can help the playoff push, that's 4 months away but I'll stay optimistic.

I don't think there's much of a difference between the terms fracture/break. I think the severity will depend on how many bones were actually broken and how far the ankle was out of place. it seemed severe so my completely uneducated baseless guess is 10-12 weeks.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think there's much of a difference between the terms fracture/break. I think the severity will depend on how many bones were actually broken and how far the ankle was out of place. it seemed severe so my completely uneducated baseless guess is 10-12 weeks.

Screenshot_20181121-092258_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ya just reading up, you're bang on about how many bones are broke/fractured and timeline is pretty close. At least a couple months for sure.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Honestly, from the fall he took, this may be the best case scenario.

If there was no ligament damage and it was just the one bone broken, I would say so. But at the same time, it sounds like it was a pretty bad break. Either way, the fact that there's even a chance he's back this season is a huge positive in general and for his future.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If there was no ligament damage and it was just the one bone broken, I would say so. But at the same time, it sounds like it was a pretty bad break. Either way, the fact that there's even a chance he's back this season is a huge positive in general and for his future.
I thought ACL/MCL for sure, that would have taken him until next season at least.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I have family in the Panthers organization. Take this with a grain of salt but word is he'll be able to skate in a month and a half to two months.

So, skating in 6-8 and another few weeks to get back in game conditioning....i think best case is 10 weeks and worst is 12.

Reactions: ShootIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad