Injury Report: Vincent Trocheck 11/19/2018, clean ankle break with no ligament damage, expected return mid February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I feel like its the type of injury that even if he's out a long long time, maybe the season?, he just won't have the same speed ever again... Hope I'm wrong

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
There is a video of it in the wild. Let’s refrain from posting with an embed, it’s pretty bad

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Brutal. At first I didn’t even see it and figured it was a Pitkanen-type injury. Then saw the clip. Just as bad if not worse looking.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm in Ottawa, unable to go to the game tonight because I'm doing a bone marrow transplant and cannot afford to get sick right now.
Almost daily at the main hospital in Ottawa, so I'm going to ask tomorrow if anyone knew of him coming to the hospital and anything about the injury. You never know.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm in Ottawa, unable to go to the game tonight because I'm doing a bone marrow transplant and cannot afford to get sick right now.
Almost daily at the main hospital in Ottawa, so I'm going to ask tomorrow if anyone knew of him coming to the hospital and anything about the injury. You never know.

Holy shit.

Are YOU going to be ok?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Holy ****.

Are YOU going to be ok?

I have MS, and it's got progressively worse over the last five years. The bone marrow transplant is a new procedure they've developed here where they take your own stem cells, get rid of the bad Ms stem cells, grow the good ones and then put them back in your body. Before they can do that though they have to 100% wipe out my immune system with chemo. They think because of my age, 32, & the fact that I'm still walking and I never gave that up yet, and MS considering I'm healthy that I'll have good results. They've found 80% chance I'll stop progression, and 40% chance I'll start to get back to normal. And if I'm being honest there's a 3% chance I could die, but I don't like to think of that.
A week today I start Phase 2, which is the chemo part. So there in lies majority of the risk.

So I'll ask if you guys can think about me this next little while as it will be tough times for me.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have MS, and it's got progressively worse over the last five years. The bone marrow transplant is a new procedure they've developed here where they take your own stem cells, get rid of the bad Ms stem cells, grow the good ones and then put them back in your body. Before they can do that though they have to 100% wipe out my immune system with chemo. They think because of my age, 32, & the fact that I'm still walking and I never gave that up yet, and MS considering I'm healthy that I'll have good results. They've found 80% chance I'll stop progression, and 40% chance I'll start to get back to normal. And if I'm being honest there's a 3% chance I could die, but I don't like to think of that.
A week today I start Phase 2, which is the chemo part. So there in lies majority of the risk.

So I'll ask if you guys can think about me this next little while as it will be tough times for me.

#Win for Vin and PBHTR.
You'll get some positive vibes coming your way! All the best! You got this!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

All the prayers for you my dude.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

God bless and keep your chin up.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Trocheck flying home with the team. Best of luck man. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
My heart breaks for the guy. Nobody wants to win more than Vince. Was having a tough year by his standards. The way the knee and ankle folded back together it could be both. The knee seemed to lose support first and then his weight came down on both the knee and ankle. Tough injury and even tougher rehab. Let's hope it's not in the same category as Bolland's. Praying for you Vinnie. :(

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Trocheck flying home with the team. Best of luck man. Hoping for the best.
Makes sense. They stabilized it and then added soft strong support cast to get him to the team ortho doc and local hospital back in South Florida. Swelling will need to go down before they get a good look at the damage with likely MRI and PET. Meantime he needs to find the best surgeon to do the job. Team Ortho might be good but this is going to require a top shelf elite surgeon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad