Confirmed with Link: Vincent Lecavalier retires

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I care about few things. Was he good as a player? No, he was god-awful. ****ing horrifically bad. Was he a team player? No, he whined about not playing despite being given more chances than a player of his terrible caliber deserved. When he was pushed to wing with Couturier, he spent all his time trying to play center anyway, which was massively problematic with Couturier's matchups. He did NOT handle that with class.

Every player does charity. Whatever.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I care about few things. Was he good as a player? No, he was god-awful. ****ing horrifically bad. Was he a team player? No, he whined about not playing despite being given more chances than a player of his terrible caliber deserved. When he was pushed to wing with Couturier, he spent all his time trying to play center anyway, which was massively problematic with Couturier's matchups. He did NOT handle that with class.

Every player does charity. Whatever.

Please cite the whining for me... I've only read the rumors on here... all insiders point to otherwise... they report how he was helpful to the other players nd worked with the young players who took his spot... they report how he was to the reporters and fans. Closest I've read was about his disappointment and at times being somber... WTF would anyone expect from a professional? There have been no reports of the whining some here have suggested.

Please cite where it is reported or alluded to where he whined and blamed others... I'll wait... take you time and get back to me when you have any legitimate and credible instances.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I refuse to get sucked into your cycle of hate yet again... how many threads have you poisoned with your obvious hatred for VLC?

I have yet to see anywhere where he has passed any blame whatsoever... What he has done is show disappointment and frustration with the benching... and frankly I would be disappointed if he didn't, and the Fan-base would call him a quitter who didn't care for the Team and let them down... "He just doesn't care... see?".

He never, never never blasted the Organization nor the fans... He is a gazillion times more classy than the Debbie Downer Flyers fans who hate on him in here.

... And I place Umby along with Vinny as being classy... never hinted otherwise.

At least as many threads as you've barfed your unconditional, delusional love for him on. The difference is I'm being realistic and you're in your own imaginary world where he's still a good hockey player and is a "classy" person.

You refuse to hear anything else because you have your set opinion of him. There's nothing wrong with anyone liking a certain player, even bad ones, but just be realistic and don't pretend he's something he's not. Even as he destroyed every line he was on, you still pretended he deserved playing time and chance after chance after chance.

But feel free to keep being delusional, that's your choice.

You + Lecavalier is almost as touching of a love story as Boxcar + Manning.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Please cite the whining for me... I've only read the rumors on here... all insiders point to otherwise... they report how he was helpful to the other players nd worked with the young players who took his spot... they report how he was to the reporters and fans. Closest I've read was about his disappointment and at times being somber... WTF would anyone expect from a professional? There have been no reports of the whining some here have suggested.

Please cite where it is reported or alluded to where he whined and blamed others... I'll wait... take you time and get back to me when you have any legitimate and credible instances.

Really? You are really saying it didn't happen?

He whined in scrums with the media after practice a bunch of times. And in his exit interviews with the media after his first season.

No, i'm not finding links.. they do exist though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, our bad for not archiving all Lecavalier news just in case we'd ever need to back up commonly known information. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Did you pay zero attention? Sorry to interrupt your white knighting for a player who was nothing but terrible for our team, but this took me all of <5 seconds to Google.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/flyers-management-respond-harshly-lecavalier-comments-ice-time

That's just one instance.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lol....

Please nobody defend Vinny. Yeah he is a human being...nice guy just like Umby...but doesn't change the fact he couldn't play a 200 foot game and he unprofessionally whined and deflected accountability. Then when in LA ...we had to read barf raves from the fans and coaches about what geniuses they were to rediscover Vinny's brilliance...

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
At least as many threads as you've barfed your unconditional, delusional love for him on. The difference is I'm being realistic and you're in your own imaginary world where he's still a good hockey player and is a "classy" person.

You refuse to hear anything else because you have your set opinion of him. There's nothing wrong with anyone liking a certain player, even bad ones, but just be realistic and don't pretend he's something he's not. Even as he destroyed every line he was on, you still pretended he deserved playing time and chance after chance after chance.

But feel free to keep being delusional, that's your choice.

You + Lecavalier is almost as touching of a love story as Boxcar + Manning.

You live in a fantasy land... I'm not even a Vinny fan. :laugh:

I just hate seeing a player being treated by fans who knife their players in the back when they don't pan out. And even with that... I could maybe live with that without comment if the information were anywhere near being true... and not based on hate.

VLC has never caused trouble for the Team while benched... and in fact helped his Flyers Teammates... Show me otherwise with credible links, please.

Vinny has been nothing short of class and proved that yet again by gifting the Flyers with $250,000.00 US of his own contracted bonus money... easing their Cap Space (((The ******* :sarcasm: )))

Haters have to hate... and you, sir have a lot of hate. Why not chill out... the man is gone... why the need and desire to still stomp on him with unsubstantiated rhetoric.

I have not claimed he is still a great player... but I have claimed that he is a man who deserves respect as a decent man who has never burnt down an orphanage. :shakehead

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Really? You are really saying it didn't happen?

He whined in scrums with the media after practice a bunch of times. And in his exit interviews with the media after his first season.

No, i'm not finding links.. they do exist though.

Cite just one credible source... Maybe you can't because there is none to be had.

People are quick to say anything the like to make a person look bad... Said enough times and it get legs... backing up said **** is hard when it isn't so.

People hate him because he was not the success they hoped/thought he'd be on a Team that dug a deep Cap Abyss... Had he lit up the lamp in the Flyers System and he would be loved... until he no longer could... See Briere, Danny... and now he is loved again by those who waned to ride him out of town on a rail. Look at the fools who hated on Rico at the end... and even the people who got on Kimmo at the end and wanted him out.

Some Flyers Fans are not the nicest people... Some.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Did you pay zero attention? Sorry to interrupt your white knighting for a player who was nothing but terrible for our team, but this took me all of <5 seconds to Google.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/flyers-management-respond-harshly-lecavalier-comments-ice-time

That's just one instance.

First off I said credible... not such blogs... secondly I don't see whining as much as saying that his lack of minutes makes it hard to get back to speed and to produce -- we all know that... don't we? I hope we do -- and then there is the dumb statement that the Flyers took him to task for saying that by scratching him... pure conjecture.

I want to see from the insiders in the know that say he whined and caused trouble... and, no Meltzer saying that he personally doesn't believe Vinny can do it doesn't say he whined and caused trouble.

I'm still waiting for credible sources... Try ones that have a large following and professional people who actually see and hear rather than read other peoples rehashed conjecture.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Have you heard about those new fangled thing called the Internet and Search Engines?... People use them for other things. :laugh:

Oh?? You're aware they exist? That's odd since you keep asking people to find things for you. You'd think that someone with access to such a service would be capable of finding things for themselves...

First off I said credible... not such blogs... secondly I don't see whining as much as saying that his lack of minutes makes it hard to get back to speed and to produce -- we all know that... don't we? I hope we do -- and then there is the dumb statement that the Flyers took him to task for saying that by scratching him... pure conjecture.

I want to see from the insiders in the know that say he whined and caused trouble... and, no Meltzer saying that he personally doesn't believe Vinny can do it doesn't say he whined and caused trouble.

I'm still waiting for credible sources... Try ones that have a large following and professional people who actually see and hear rather than read other peoples rehashed conjecture.

Like Carchidi and Pannacio? Yeah, better to get your info from them. No wonder you're so out of touch. :laugh:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Lol....

Please nobody defend Vinny. Yeah he is a human being...nice guy just like Umby...but doesn't change the fact he couldn't play a 200 foot game and he unprofessionally whined and deflected accountability. Then when in LA ...we had to read barf raves from the fans and coaches about what geniuses they were to rediscover Vinny's brilliance...

They are liars also. :laugh:

It couldn't be anything at all about how the omnisient Flyers Organization Brain-trust handled things... now could it? Not every player works in every Organization... to hear their fans whine and whine about a player who did not fit in and ignore the Organization's role in the matter is IMO inane.

I'm not going to change the hate... and we're not going to get people to support the hate... so as far as I'm concerned this thread is done... When I see honest, credible proof that Vinny was a cancer with the Flyers and short of class in his career and in how he handled his tenure here, I will fight on... until then I'm bored hearing he same stale unproven crap.

His time here was a bust... no argument from me... He was a Team cancer and not a class act? No way.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Oh?? You're aware they exist? That's odd since you keep asking people to find things for you. You'd think that someone with access to such a service would be capable of finding things for themselves...

:laugh: Are you serious, Dude?

You know as well as I that I asked for proof... Only a moron would spend the time searching for something that doesn't exist. :banghead:

... This just shows the way you think.

I thought you weren't going to go around on this with me any longer... You came back real quick when you saw me post in this thread... There went your plan. haha

Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Like Carchidi and Pannacio? Yeah, better to get your info from them. No wonder you're so out of touch. :laugh:

You slipped this one in there late. haha

I never brought up those two names... you did.

Now I'm done... I'll leave you to find the credible sources who are not muckrakers trying to stir up hate... Take your time, I'm not going anywhere. ;)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Everything in those links is sourced. You're choosing to be ignorant so you don't have to face up to being wrong. Literally just choosing to be in denial.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Gotta love this one:

Vinny Lecavalier confirms he can only be successful here in Philly if Craig Berube is no longer the coach.

Nope. New coach. Same Vinny. Same result. And this myth that he was good in LA is just that, a myth. He had a better PPG in Philly than LA. Let that sink in. He just started out well and everyone went to the pity party. I will say, his FO got better though.

Reality is, Philly WANTED him to play well and succeed. They had a ton invested in him $ wise and wanted a return on that investment. All we needed was for him to be a good #3 C, and he failed under multiple coaches.

Good luck in retirement.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Of course it was Berube's fault....lol

Funny thing is I remember Hextall saying it was unlikely things would change for Vinny with Hak as well....and it was so.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Berube played just about the slowest system possible and Vinny could only keep up occasionally. He didn't have a prayer with Hakstol.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Pretty sure most LA fans wouldn't mind him at 2.25M. You can ask them. Not sure about LA's managment, I don't know their plans. Vinny is the one who chose to retire, the LA Kings didn't decide. He said it before even playing with them.

Okay, you're just trolling, right? You have o know that the retirement was a condition of the trade; Lombardi confirmed it.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

That BLOG puts words in Vinny's mouth on big headline... then lists Tweets where there are responses to questions asked ... if he were to answer otherwise on any of those questions you would have called him a liar also. haha

Obviously you choose to pick and choose which responses you want, and ignore whichever... but frankly, they are no-brainers. I still don't see whining... merely honest responses... and I still don't see his action as cancerous to the Team.

What would you have him say otherwise? He was being honest in his answering and never blasted the Organization nor the Flyers Players... he was stating facts, and with that, he is allowed his opinions on what is happening with him.

What would you have done in similar situation?

Look to the credible insiders and see how he was around his teammates and in his work ethics... See how he treated the Flyers upon his exit and upon his retirement... Read what he had to say about the fans and city and Organization.

Lastly, please remember that while he could have shoved it up the Organization's ass with an additional Cap Hit this coming Season, he chose to leave serious cash that they both negotiated on he table and sign off on retirement before the Bonus kicked in on July 1st.

My whole point... and only point... is that he handled it in a classy manner and is being unfairly treated by some people on here... and that some just hate him and do not deny that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
LA only wanted him if he agreed to retire after 15-16. He was doing himself the favor, not the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad