Confirmed with Link: Vincent Lecavalier retires

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That BLOG puts words in Vinny's mouth on big headline... then lists Tweets where there are responses to questions asked ... if he were to answer otherwise on any of those questions you would have called him a liar also. haha

Nonsense. Nobody called Umberger or Medvedev a liar when they supported the team's choices regarding their ice time. Unlike Vinny, they took accountability.

Put words in his mouth? How? He said things changed when Berube came about, and he said his outlook would be different with a coaching change. What the hell else is someone supposed to glean from that?

It's a total lack of accountability. Berube was a terrible coach, but Vinny was a terrible player completely independent of Berube's system and decisions. Vinny should have been grateful to have Berube as coach, because Berube overused him to a horrible degree and gave him insane chances to prove himself ceaselessly. A better coach wouldn't have done that. Instead he throws the guy under the bus.

Obviously you choose to pick and choose which responses you want, and ignore whichever... but frankly, they are no-brainers. I still don't see whining... merely honest responses... and I still don't see his action as cancerous to the Team.

In what way is undermining your coach publicly NOT cancerous to a team?

What would you have him say otherwise? He was being honest in his answering and never blasted the Organization nor the Flyers Players... he was stating facts, and with that, he is allowed his opinions on what is happening with him.

Deflect and divert like any other player. What you don't do is complain publicly about the guy who was doing his best to help you/overplay you, and also have your agent do the same thing.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...gent-has-some-strong-words-about-flyers-coach

"The situation hasn't met either side's expectations in Philadelphia," [Lecavalier's agent Kent] Hughes said. "If Vinny wants the opportunity to end a fantastic career on a good note, it's not going to happen so long as Craig Berube is head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers. I'm sure if Vinny found a good environment ... an opportunity to go to a new team and end on a good note, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal.""

That was in March, the middle of the season. You have a player publicly lobbying via his agent and then directly for a coach to be fired. The clear point of this statement: "Vinny isn't bad, his coach is bad, change the coach and he'll be good again."

What would you have done in similar situation?

I wouldn't have throw my coach under the bus publicly, especially when my usage isn't the issue but my own horrible play.

Look to the credible insiders and see how he was around his teammates and in his work ethics... See how he treated the Flyers upon his exit and upon his retirement... Read what he had to say about the fans and city and Organization.

:laugh:

Dude, everything I've shown you has come directly from the supposed insiders.

Anybody can be gracious after the fact once a situation is ended. How about you read what he said DURING his failed tenure as a Flyer?

Lastly, please remember that while he could have shoved it up the Organization's ass with an additional Cap Hit this coming Season, he chose to leave serious cash that they both negotiated on he table and sign off on retirement before the Bonus kicked in on July 1st.

Or, he was more concerned with doing LA a solid for giving him one last chance and helping the Flyers was a secondary consequence. And, after all, retirement was a condition for LA to take him on. He was doing it for LA and himself more than for the Flyers.

My whole point... and only point... is that he handled it in a classy manner and is being unfairly treated by some people on here... and that some just hate him and do not deny that.

In what universe is lobbying for your coach to be fired while sulking through your agent and in person about your situation considered "classy?"

I sure hope you never criticized Mike Richards. Because even Richards didn't take it as far as Vinny.

Look. All the quotes and info are out there. They've been provided to you. You can see the original sources. Will you continue to choose to be wrong, or what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad