Vince Dunn

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If this happens it has to be because the Panthers are paying heavy in futures to dump Hornqvist's contract and get a cheap win-now player in Dunn.

But the Panthers are not moving Knight or Lundell and they don't have many other futures. All their 1sts are gone and their prospect pool is thin. Off the top of my head I know Sourdif and Samoskevich are good but it's really not that enticing. I don't see how a deal here would make sense.
Yeah. I was looking at their list of prospects and their top prospects are all forwards. There is nothing wrong with getting more talent at any position, but we need to start focusing more on D. Unless there is a 3-way trade of some kind where we end up getting a stud D prospect or an established young top-4 D-man, why should we do this? But in that case, Florida may be better off directly trading with that 3rd team.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I was pretty certain that Seattle was taking a D at #4 until Wright fell into their lap.

Nemec went 2OA. What makes you think we'll still take a D anyways. It was going to be Cooley or Wright depending on who the yotes took at 3OA.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Summary for those who don't want to listen.

I don't see any reason for us to do this at this time because forwards are our position of strength whereas puck-moving D-men are what we need more than trading away. If this does happen, those prospects better be damn good.
Thanks for doing the leg-work for us lazy folks :laugh:

IMO, Dunn is the most important defenseman on the team. In the games he missed his absence was glaring.

My position might change if Schultz pans out, but it is way too early to contemplate moving Dunn, especially for a forward.

This reeks of someone just glossing over rosters and seeing an abundance of D on Seattle, and fabricating a trade scenario to get a guy that would fill a hole on the team you cover while completely ignoring the other teams situation and needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad